Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. While Dwight didn't handle this all correctly, he didn't cause any of this mess. Dwight didn't sign Duhon to a deal. He didn't trade for Turk and J-Rich. Dwight didn't wreck the roster. He's pissed, as he should be at the roster. It's not championship material and the guys calling those shots don't know what it takes. I don't think there are many moves we can realistically make because Otis squandered all of our trade assets. We don't have cap space to offer money to free agents as it is anyway. It's a train wreck and that's why Dwight wants out. I can't knock Dwight. The front office hasn't done anything to put a quality product on the floor. Dwight becomes a free agent next year. It's his right to say whether he wants to stay or go, and as of today, there is clearly a much better situation in Brooklyn lined up for him. But you can't hate on Dwight for that. Blame the management. Dwight did management a favor by opting in. He didn't have to stay this long, but he's desperately seeking a reason to stay. He's waiting for the front office to give him one.

If you think that of me, then that post you're quoting must be the first one of mine you've ever read. I've been saying for a long time now that Otis has screwed this roster over for a loooooong time. I've been placing 100% of the blame on Otis for this roster. No, Dwight didn't sign Duhon, but then again, neither did Stan. The only reason we fired Stan is because our pouting little boy Dwight wanted him gone. That's all it is. And I don't think the Appeasement strategy has ever worked anywhere, be it in basketball or outside in the world. Look at Dwight's little buddy Deron as a great example. Dude throws a hissy fit in Utah, they fire the longest tenured coach (who was pretty darn successful, btw), and did Deron stay? Nope. Forced a trade anyways. Our organization should have told Dwight to settle his differences with Stan, pull his big-boy pull-ups up, and go play dang basketball and leave the roster decisions to those above him. Then fire Otis, bring in someone who can actually improve our roster/cap situation, and win titles. Dwight doesn't like that? Then he's free to pursue other options at the end of his contract.

I'm all for bringing in a new GM to improve. There's a good field of GMs who would be upgrades over Otis. I don't think we're improving our HC position though, and in fact think we're looking at taking a step back. All based on a move that isn't guaranteed to keep Dwight anyways. That just doesn't sound smart to me.

If you think that of me, then that post you're quoting must be the first one of mine you've ever read. I've been saying for a long time now that Otis has screwed this roster over for a loooooong time. I've been placing 100% of the blame on Otis for this roster. No, Dwight didn't sign Duhon, but then again, neither did Stan. The only reason we fired Stan is because our pouting little boy Dwight wanted him gone. That's all it is. And I don't think the Appeasement strategy has ever worked anywhere, be it in basketball or outside in the world. Look at Dwight's little buddy Deron as a great example. Dude throws a hissy fit in Utah, they fire the longest tenured coach (who was pretty darn successful, btw), and did Deron stay? Nope. Forced a trade anyways. Our organization should have told Dwight to settle his differences with Stan, pull his big-boy pull-ups up, and go play dang basketball and leave the roster decisions to those above him. Then fire Otis, bring in someone who can actually improve our roster/cap situation, and win titles. Dwight doesn't like that? Then he's free to pursue other options at the end of his contract.

I'm all for bringing in a new GM to improve. There's a good field of GMs who would be upgrades over Otis. I don't think we're improving our HC position though, and in fact think we're looking at taking a step back. All based on a move that isn't guaranteed to keep Dwight anyways. That just doesn't sound smart to me.

Very fair point and I respect that. I have a different line of thinking that the Magic have to go "all or nothing" to show Dwight that his place is in ORL. I just believe that there is such a lack of faith in the front office to make changes and a lack of trust from top to bottom. I think the only way to prove that to Dwight is to make bold moves. But I completely understand what you're saying. It's risky.

Broussard on SC right now. Says Howard's list follows as so...

1. Nets

2. Magic

3. Lakers

Says Dwight has a soft spot for Orlando in his heart. Thinks if the Magic impress Dwight with front office moves and roster moves, he could stay. He doesn't expect Dwight to be traded around the draft, but rather September if it happens. Says Orlando should keep Dwight and force D-Will to make a decision because if D-Will decides to leave for Dallas, that rules Brooklyn out.

For just that? No. For everything else I mentioned as well that you left out? -yes. If we have to trade Dwight. top 3 pick (whoever it is) plus the other things I mentioned is more than fair given the circumstances.

A better Gerald Wallace=franchise player btw. And Drummond is Amare if anything, not Bynum.

A better Crash =/= franchise player. I like Gerald Wallace but even in his prime he was just a fringe all-star player. MKG can't even get his own shot. And Amare was averaging 30/11 in the playoffs 3 years out of high school whereas Drummond right now resembles DeAndre Jordan.

What else did you mention, Kendall Marshall? Who is going to score on our team?

gotcha, kind of said something similiar to that yesterday.

And yes, his heart is telling him to stay in Orlando, theres people around him convincing him otherwise, telling him its dangerous to listen to your heart

Thanks, I'm glad someone said that to him.. as far as I think that's predominantly how most Magic fans feel. It's pretty obvious that Dwight's various "hangers-on" are only concerned with how much they can line their own pockets in bigger markets. Hope he blocks out the white noise, so to speak.

I predict TWO things will happen between now and later.

1. Something

2. Everything

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

@OrlandoMagicPat Pat Williams also has a message for #Magic fans: "Be patient, hang in there. Everything will work out really well."

Believe in Magic!!!!!

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

Pat Williams on Adonal Foyle: "He has been working hard. He wants to pursue a front office job." PW unsure if Foyle will be considered 4 GM.

Wish we could just bury the "Foyle as Magic GM" thought. I just don't want that to happen right now... This franchise in a need for personnel that has experience and good reputation and league-wide respect.

Dwight needs to realize that at brooklin he will not win a championship. He will leave what he help building for a unlikely chance of winning just because that is what people are telling him.

He will realize 3-4 years into it and then again he will chase the ring somewhere else outside brooklin. He might end up been in a similar position as jermaine oneill or even bosh.

This two guys had it all an left their respected cities looking for a new start. How those people look at this guys now?

Dwight needs to understand that he will not get the love and respect as the love he can get from the city that saw him grow to be the star that he is now.

Please, tell him this. He should listen to his heart.