Babir_9

2012 Offseason

The most interesting quote from this is:

If they truly had these convos in a one on one situation I believe Stan was as candid, blunt, honest as he usually is. As a man who can't respect somebody telling you the truth face to face? This also goes for Dwight I'm sure he laid it all on the line as well. I honestly don't see how two grown men can't move on from this in a working relationship. Maybe their relationship isn't as bad as we all assume it is.

They may not "like" each other but they just may be willing to put that aside and work together.

Who knows what the truth is anymore in this year-long circus. The most important domino that needs to fall is Otis' behind run out on a rail. Then, a competent replacement GM can start to unravel the tangled web of crap that Otis surrounded Dwight with. Hopefully, a new intelligent GM can lay out a realistic gameplan to Dwight with a roadmap towards a championship-caliber roster in 1-2 years and will be able to convince Dwight to want to stay. If Dwight and SVG have made up and Dwight wants SVG to stay on as coach, all the better.

I'm going to take that article, cautiously, as a good sign.

At the very least, even if Dwight didn't mean a word.. at least he's SAYING the right things, finally.

If he does mean it.. then it leans me back towards keeping Stan as a coach. I seriously wouldn'tmind a Brian Shaw replacing him though, you just hear nothing but good things about him all the way around.. like I've stated before, I just don't want Stan to get fired and us to go backwards in coaching skill, which is entirely possible. Other than his rigid rotations the guy IS a hell of a coach, definitely in the top ten out of 30, I hope we all don't lose sight of the big picture.

Otis is still a no brainer, peace out, homie.

At the very least, even if Dwight didn't mean a word.. at least he's SAYING the right things, finally.

If he does mean it.. then it leans me back towards keeping Stan as a coach. I seriously wouldn'tmind a Brian Shaw replacing him though, you just hear nothing but good things about him all the way around.. like I've stated before, I just don't want Stan to get fired and us to go backwards in coaching skill, which is entirely possible. Other than his rigid rotations the guy IS a hell of a coach, definitely in the top ten out of 30, I hope we all don't lose sight of the big picture.

I don't see the infatuation with Shaw on this board. Dude was an assistant in LA for the longest, under the watch of one of the greatest coaches in the game. Then, when that coach decides to hang up the old clipboard, LA brings in a coach who's best known for running the play "give the ball to our star player then get out of the way. Don't worry about anything else". Seriously. They picked Mike freaking Brown over Shaw. That should tell us all we need to know about Shaw as a coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

At best SVG should be an assistant coach if brought back. He is a terrific X's and O's coach, but his flaws are he's too stubborn to make in game adjustments during big games (2009 NBA finals Lewis vs Gasol and etc.) plus we need a coach that has championship experience and/or holds players accountable when they slack off.

• Downvote 1

I don't see the infatuation with Shaw on this board. Dude was an assistant in LA for the longest, under the watch of one of the greatest coaches in the game. Then, when that coach decides to hang up the old clipboard, LA brings in a coach who's best known for running the play "give the ball to our star player then get out of the way. Don't worry about anything else". Seriously. They picked Mike freaking Brown over Shaw. That should tell us all we need to know about Shaw as a coach.

I've said exactly this before. He was passed up by Mike friggin' Brown. What does that say about him? The Lakers(A championship franchise if there ever was one) didn't want him why should we?

AlexKennedyNBA My prediction: Dwight Howard gets traded to Brooklyn this summer. I've called Howard to the Nets for awhile now, and I'm sticking with it.

some1 slap this guy lol

Miami didn't want SVG and we got a coach to bring us to the finals. Organizations are not always right, even championship organizations.

Stan has a negative type personality (glass half empty). The Magic have had the top 3 winning percentage in the past 5 years, but when you think of Stan what comes to your mind? He is a great coach but I believe that you have to have a positive attitude towards things to be truly successful. After every game he complains more than he praises. Thats just who he is.