Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Jamal Crawful wanted to come here at the deadline, wouldn't see why he'd change his mind all of a sudden. I wonder if Dwight will still want him around when he has his routine stretch of 10 or so games where he shoots 35% from the field.

You know what is funny? If Dwight is looking at NJ...sorry Brooklyn for great leadership he is in for a surprise. Billy King is one of the few GM's that may actually be worse than Otis. With the amount he is going to throw at players they will be capped out and will not be able to get past Miami.

brooklyn is going for jsmith? he needs to realize we are about to change gm and coaching staff and get a few new players and develop chemistry within the organization. then we can make a big splash in the summer 13. i admit if brooklyn can get jsmith and resign deron then that is the best place for him, i just don't see how brooklyn can get him.

i think brooklyn goes for crawford. they aint getting smoove or ellis unless it was for d will.

unless atl took lopez + whoever. oooo and maybe a good pick for smoove. damn

You know what is funny? If Dwight is looking at NJ...sorry Brooklyn for great leadership he is in for a surprise. Billy King is one of the few GM's that may actually be worse than Otis. With the amount he is going to throw at players they will be capped out and will not be able to get past Miami.

This

Dwight would love any combination of J-smooth, Jamal crawford, or Monta Ellis in Orlando this summer but doesn't think the organization will go get him. Brooklyn has already promised to go after at least 1 of those 3

Has he been in contact with the FO? He lay these plans out to them?

So true!!! He gave up a top 5 pick most likely for what?

Agreed, it would probably take a 3rd team to try and get Josh, and we could get Jamal thru FA but he won't be cheap. Monta situation would be interesting..

Without Smith being a total douche bag to his ball club and fans by going to management and saying he wants out and wants to be traded to Orlando, there is virtually no chance they actually agree to trade him to us. We all know players don't like that kind of negative attention, and actually show some sort of loyalty. :svgsad:

Now, if say, around the trade deadline, they are looking to deal Smith because he says he won't re-sign, and he says he won't re-sign anywhere because he wants to enter FA in the summer, we might be able to grab him on a rental under the premise that, after playing together with Dwight, they would both want to stick around in Orlando. Pipe dream, in my opinion, and we stand a better chance of picking him up via FA in the summer if he really wants to come to Orlando.

It's unfortunate that Dwight can understand that teams, in our own conference, and especially in our own division, aren't very motivated to help make us more of a threat to contend for a championship. Maybe a new GM can sell him on a vision that includes making some key moves at the trade deadline and end of next season.

I can already see the defense from other teams now, sagging of Smith, daring him to take those long range shots while we all shake our head at his shot selection, but ultimately not caring too much as our paint is completely locked down and we turn every team in the league into a jump shooting team.

I could go for that.

Can someone remind Dwight that the Nets are 0 for whatever number is higher than infinity when it comes to them bringing in superstar FAs? And that the only way they got Williams in the first place was by mortgaging their future, and just traded a top first round pick for Gerald Freaking Wallace. If things go right for us (and they go right for us more often than they do for NJ), after next season we'll be in a position to outright sign Josh Smith at least, and possibly get a wing (I'd prefer Iggy over Ellis). Dude just needs to be patient. Oh and trust in Stan. He doesn't have to like Stan, but he'll win a championship here with Stan before he could anywhere else unless he can somehow get to OKC or Miami.

Jamal Crawford would only range from 3 to 5 Million dollars a year in FA

Question is would we have the room to fit it into our salary cap, moves gotta be made