Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

Great post. Agree 100%, ?.

Last years Ryan was Lewis. This years Ryan is much better at rebounding especially on the offensive end and is a better finisher on drives to the rim. In addition he is still young. We had Lewis at the end of the productive part of his career. Ryan could command more than you think.

Offer Ryan a big 1 year contract and make him a FA again in 2013. It's a risk because he'll be unrestricted but we're rolling the dice and going all in that summer.

As for Chris Paul, if Clippers don't live up to expectations, I think it's very possible we can steal him away. As long as they have Del Negro as coach, I think he ends up here in 2013.

Man it would have been real nice to get J-Rich off the books for next season, that contract really blows. Glen Davis is at least young enough where there is a POSSIBILITY that his value increases enough where we can use him as a chip.

I seriously think Glenn will start contributing late in this year, probably in the playoffs (where he came through for the Celts...against us). From what I've seen, SVG's system is hard for new players to get a handle on, and too many just decide to float out to the 3pt line and stay there.

I think Baby, like Ryno, will figure out his role and be an important contributor, but it will take him a full training camp and a schedule that isn't compressed to the point where practice is an afterthought.

Give him a little time.

I have a feeling that a bottom dwelling team will go overboard and offer Ryan about $7-8M a year. Wouldn't be disappointed if he got less, obviously.

Offer Ryan a big 1 year contract and make him a FA again in 2013. It's a risk because he'll be unrestricted but we're rolling the dice and going all in that summer.

As for Chris Paul, if Clippers don't live up to expectations, I think it's very possible we can steal him away. As long as they have Del Negro as coach, I think he ends up here in 2013.

Honestly, I think Paul's good where he is. That's a fun team to watch and it's nice to see the Clips get a shot at glory.

Added to this, Paul has a lot of injuries and while he's a phenomenal PG, I think he's going to wear down pretty quick. Far better for our system would be D.Williams. How cool would it be to swipe him out from the Nets after what they were pulling with Dwight?

We could offer them Hedo and Duhon in a sign & trade, similar to their offer to us. Maybe throw in a box of semi-cooked chicken.

Honestly, I think Paul's good where he is. That's a fun team to watch and it's nice to see the Clips get a shot at glory.

Added to this, Paul has a lot of injuries and while he's a phenomenal PG, I think he's going to wear down pretty quick. Far better for our system would be D.Williams. How cool would it be to swipe him out from the Nets after what they were pulling with Dwight?

We could offer them Hedo and Duhon in a sign & trade, similar to their offer to us. Maybe throw in a box of semi-cooked chicken.

They will have to sign and trade him, which he would have to agree to, or let him walk. Maybe they would be interested in a S&T for JJ & Jameer? That's got to be better than letting him walk, and they would both be on the final year of their deals, so they could also be decent trade chips by the deadline if NJ didn't want to try to re-sign them the following off season.

Besides firing Otis, the Magic really need to bolster the front office so we get some better scouting in place, etc., since we have kind of a skeleton crew as that goes. Maybe bring in Otis' replacement now as an "Assistant GM".

They will have to sign and trade him, which he would have to agree to, or let him walk. Maybe they would be interested in a S&T for JJ & Jameer? That's got to be better than letting him walk, and they would both be on the final year of their deals, so they could also be decent trade chips by the deadline if NJ didn't want to try to re-sign them the following off season.

That would actually be a pretty tempting offer to NJ, and maybe by the end of this season, they will forget about how much they hate us for not sending them Dwight, and actually do it. Then again, they may never get over not getting Dwight for the peanuts that they offered for him.