Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

Really Ray Allen? Maybe for the minimum. Johnson has been one of the most consistent SG's for the past 7 years. His contract sucks and we definatley shouldnt take him if we have other options. But the guy does produce, and him teaming up with dwight, that would not be a bad pick up. Why is everyone so picky on who we get? If they play up to their contract (and Johnson does, guys an all-star if ya didnt remember) who cares who we get as long as it makes diwght happy and he stays for the long term. Everyone is set on the free agent market at the end of the 2013 season. Do you really think we are gonna gamble on Dwight by waiting for his decision at the end of the season and take the chance that he may walk? No way! That means that were going all in this offseason. Were gonna have to shed massive salary space and probably move our few decent players that means no more Ryan, JJ, and possibly no Jameer. We'll most likely look to move J-rich and Hedo for what its worth, but it will be hard. Johnson and maybe Josh Smith are probably our best bet maybe even Crawford, but I dont see him as much of an upgrade. People need to stop hanging onto this Chris Paul/ Deron Williams dream. Its not gonna happen. Look for us to take on a bloated contract for a consistent scorer like Johnsons we need to make some move to keep dwight.

TLDR

Why is everyone so picky on who we get?

Answer to this question in your post:

Grant Hill, Rashard Lewis (Last year while with us), Fran Vasquez (yes I know that was a draft pick), Turk, JRich, Duhon, Gilbert Arenas. Did I miss any?

I think it is more nervousness because of who we have gotten in the recent past.

If they play up to their contract (and Johnson does, guys an all-star if ya didnt remember)

Unless you earnestly believe that Joe Johnson is a top 4 player in the NBA, there's no way he's playing up to his contract.

He's averaging 19/4/4 on average efficiency with average(at best) defense.

Those aren't "playing up to a max contract" numbers.

Those are "worse than prime Nick Anderson numbers," since Nick Anderson put up 20/6/3 during his prime on average efficiency with well above average defense.

When's Okafor's giant contract over and done with? Always wanted to see a Shaq/Zo-like combo with him and Dwight, but not at his current pricetag.

Really Ray Allen? Maybe for the minimum. Johnson has been one of the most consistent SG's for the past 7 years. His contract sucks and we definatley shouldnt take him if we have other options. But the guy does produce, and him teaming up with dwight, that would not be a bad pick up. Why is everyone so picky on who we get? If they play up to their contract (and Johnson does, guys an all-star if ya didnt remember) who cares who we get as long as it makes diwght happy and he stays for the long term. Everyone is set on the free agent market at the end of the 2013 season. Do you really think we are gonna gamble on Dwight by waiting for his decision at the end of the season and take the chance that he may walk? No way! That means that were going all in this offseason. Were gonna have to shed massive salary space and probably move our few decent players that means no more Ryan, JJ, and possibly no Jameer. We'll most likely look to move J-rich and Hedo for what its worth, but it will be hard. Johnson and maybe Josh Smith are probably our best bet maybe even Crawford, but I dont see him as much of an upgrade. People need to stop hanging onto this Chris Paul/ Deron Williams dream. Its not gonna happen. Look for us to take on a bloated contract for a consistent scorer like Johnsons we need to make some move to keep dwight.

We gambled with Dwight staying this year. Why would they not do the same if it meant the Magic being better in the long run?

When's Okafor's giant contract over and done with? Always wanted to see a Shaq/Zo-like combo with him and Dwight, but not at his current pricetag.

HaHa,Are you serious?

Dwight is not Shaq on offense,and Okafor is no where near Zo on defense,Also that would never work because Okafor has no jumper.

We gambled with Dwight staying this year. Why would they not do the same if it meant the Magic being better in the long run?

Wow. Really?

What Dwight needs around him is a wing defender and a wing scorer. Maybe a guy that plays decent defense and has a jumper. Any the 4. We were almost there with Lewis but we needed one guy who could fill it up. Lee and Turk were ok and turk caused alot of match up problems but neither could consistently create a shot for themselves

Wow. Really?

What Dwight needs around him is a wing defender and a wing scorer. Maybe a guy that plays decent defense and has a jumper. Any the 4. We were almost there with Lewis but we needed one guy who could fill it up. Lee and Turk were ok and turk caused alot of match up problems but neither could consistently create a shot for themselves

UUUmmmmm what exactly are you talking about? That had nothing to do with what I wrote. Try again buddy.

Question: Does Fran's Spanish contract expire this summer? This may seem irrelevant but ties into what I feel the Magic must do to succeed.

We have to dump JRich, period. That's goal #1 for this offseason in my opinion. Minnesota was the only team interested. Minnesota is also probably the only team that has any interest in Fran because of the Rubio connect and the need for a center. They have a bunch of useless guys with expiring contracts or team options for 2013 (webster, miller, darko, randolph - qualifying offer, ellington). Trade JRich and Fran for any of those guys and were golden as long as we can resign Ryno for roughly the same as JRich was making (6-7m). That would leave us with almost enough for a max player in 2013 (~12m), putting us in very good position if we hit on our draft picks (I know, I know..)

It sucks that 7 years later, Fran is still a key to our franchise.

• Upvote 1

In other news, Ray Allen may be coming off the bench soon in Boston because it may be a more solid rotation for them with Avery Bradley showing his defensive prowess as a starter.

This is happening while JRich (who is much inferior to Ray Allen at this point) still starting for us while we have players better than him sitting on the bench....SMH.