Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Rudolph Tweet

I would love for someone in this thread to explain how Rondo fits the way Orlando plays.

But the answer is so obviously "I have no idea, but he's a player I've heard of so I want him here" that there's not much point in asking.

DOM, good point. IMHO, I believe the way we play needs to change. Surrounding Howard with shooters who are deficient in almost every other category is not the way to win a championship. I don't think I need to be an apologist for Rondo, as his playmaking, defense, and rebounding speak for themselves. I'm sure SVG could adjust our style to benefit all if he were added. Honestly, I'm a bit more worried about possibly adding Ellis, though I'd be happy if it kept Dwight in town.

Guys literally run away from him when he picks up his dribble to force him to shoot.

We'd be better off doing a three way where phoenix gets rondo and we get nash

My opinion, you gotta look at age. Rondo is younger and has a longer future, we can sign him to a max. agreement, where Nash may not accept that. I mean, he's already 37 or something, how long do you think he can go for?

I think we would have a better chance of getting guys who can help but are a little more under the radar. Personally I would love to pull one the PG's from the Pistons primarily Rodney Stuckey or if not Wil Bynum. They may not fit our current system perfectly, but I really think a stronger PG amongst other good qualities would really be a big help. I think JJ alone could net one of them (and is probably too much for Will Bynum). I'm just trying to think outside the box in case obvious players we would like aren't attainable, I pray Otis is doing the same.

On the flipside, I know these aren't "BIG SPLASH" moves that would keep Dwight here, but I think could still help this team.

DOM, good point. IMHO, I believe the way we play needs to change. Surrounding Howard with shooters who are deficient in almost every other category is not the way to win a championship. I don't think I need to be an apologist for Rondo, as his playmaking, defense, and rebounding speak for themselves. I'm sure SVG could adjust our style to benefit all if he were added. Honestly, I'm a bit more worried about possibly adding Ellis, though I'd be happy if it kept Dwight in town.

The problem is that when you run a lot of pick and rolls having a PG that can't shoot becomes a bigger deal. It isn't a matter of changing the 4 out 1 in, it's a matter of removing one of the most basic (and effective) plays you have to run. I think it is a much better idea to find guys that are solid in all catagories or even just replace one of the shooters who are lacking in a number of other catagories with a guy that attacks rather than adding completely different problem area to our offense.

I would also add that if the stories about Rondo are true, he is a nightmare to deal with, I can't imagine that it would made Dwight very happy to have to deal with a Prima Donna like that.

If the Magic are desperate for Ellis, I think this would work for all teams:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=75k7z36

We'd be short at PF but hopefully satisfy Dwight enough for him to stay.

EDIT: And I'm not saying this makes us better

The only way I give up JJ AND Rhyno is if Dwight commits to the Magic right before that trade. Otherwise, it's a useless trade.

The only way I give up JJ AND Rhyno is if Dwight commits to the Magic right before that trade. Otherwise, it's a useless trade.

I'm with Paul Bearer, though in my opinion, I'd rather get rid of everyone else except those three. Those are the three that I want to remain in a Magic uniform for long, long time, though don't know many teams that want a Jameer and Duhon.

I'm with Paul Bearer, though in my opinion, I'd rather get rid of everyone else except those three. Those are the three that I want to remain in a Magic uniform for long, long time, though don't know many teams that want a Jameer and Duhon.

???????

477160-paul_bearer_large.jpg

Same, and while I really like what JJ's brought to the table the last couple years, Ryno's the one piece I would NEVER trade unless Dwight was going to sign an extension and it hinged on Ryno being gone (Ryno for Williams, or some such).

For the record, I just think it should be pointed out that Rondo's jump shot has improved greatly this year. Not saying he's automatic, but it's much better than what it was AND he's still going to improve. For whatever it's worth...