Sign in to follow this  
Bang Gundy

JR Smith: Like or Dislike?

Yes or No  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

Shaq and Tim Duncan have similar career numbers, but Duncan is 4 years younger.

This means that they are very similar, but Duncan is much more athletic.

Okay so its the much more athletic part you had a problem with. Thanks for the clarification. I conceded that maybe he's not much more athletic...but JR Smith certainly has more left in the tank than J-Rich. Which would you rather have on a four year deal at this point in their careers? Again, it was a rudimentary comparison and they are very similar in terms of mindset on offense and production over their careers.

Averaging same numbers means nothing

Thanks for your opinion. I'd say at the very least its a good indicator of offensive production, strengths, and weaknesses...but I agree numbers don't tell the entire story. Having said that, their numbers are virtually identical...there may not be a pair of players in the league that average closer per 36 or 48 numbers (granted J Smith isnt in the league at the moment...not yet anyways).

I've already made my opinion of JR Smith to Orlando known, but that Hoopsworld article is just complete BS. Which is what I've come to expect from those tools. Nothing but pure speculation based on one tweet from JR and people are running with it as if it means something.

Well since ESPN is reporting that we may be the favorite to land JR it probably won't happen....But lets assume it does...if we were to trade for Monta (Dwights boy) before the deadline, could he play point guard? Just wondering if he only plays SG or if him and JR could form the most tatted backcourt in the league.

Thanks for your opinion. I'd say at the very least its a good indicator of offensive production, strengths, and weaknesses...but I agree numbers don't tell the entire story. Having said that, their numbers are virtually identical...there may not be a pair of players in the league that average closer per 36 or 48 numbers (granted J Smith isnt in the league at the moment...not yet anyways).

Evan Turner and TMac also averaged very close numbers in their 1st and 2nd years. . . Can't wait til Evan Turner explodes in the next year or two.

And numbers don't tell anything. These two have always played in different systems, with different roles in different offenses. Their numbers being close is a mere coincidence.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pretty sure it was the "very similar" part too.

They're both practically the same exact size, both play the same positions (SG/SF), both are athletic but prefer to shoot the three than drive the ball, both average almost the exact same shooting precentages from the field, 3pt, and FT line, neither are great defenders, they're both African American, lol...need I continue? They are similar, I say very, you and others disagree but they are at the very least statistically similar, there's no arguing that.