Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Who would you trade Dwight for???

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'd trade Dwight straight up for Lebron, if I could guarantee Lebron wasn't ditching in 3 years. THat'd be it though.

Thats the thing we get with Dwight - after he signs the extension ..hes ours..that the future (be it game wise or trade wise to come).. and being so early in his contract - it has more upside business wise than other people we could bring in that would warrant the splash...

And thats not to mention the huge upside we have yet to see that comes from D12's game...

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

C. Bosch is also a franchise player for Toronto, and is only 23 years old. did you guys remember what he did to Howard in the first game against each other 45points/15 rebounds and in the 2nd 35 points/11 rebounds.I like Howard but Bosch is already a super star.

Bosh is the big man form of Wade. Like Rich has stated, he's a shooting guard in a big man's body. No way in hell would I trade him for Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by Smackdaddy:

I just keep thinking about Duncan & Darko playing together or Dirk and Darko playing together. It seems so much more promising than Dwight & Darko.

Well, of course it may seem more promising, those two have either reached their prime or are just a bit past it. Dirk is an amazing player, but his last outing against the Warriors (2-13) and his finals series against the Heat have both shown that he cannot deliver when his team needs him the most.

As for Duncan, sure, the man would take us to another level, but for just how long? Timmy's 31 at the moment, and Big men are known to fade quicker than most other positions. You would trade our franchise center for a player that's only got a few years left in him?

I've already stated my position on this, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Since it came up in another thread and may not get any attention, I would like to know if there are any players in the NBa that you would deal Dwight staright up for?

I said Lebron, Dirk, Kobe & Duncan.

The couple of responses afterward basically said that Dwight is untouchable no matter who acquire in exchange.

So, how about it guys. If you had your choice of anybody in the association, who would you trade Dwight for? Or, do you think he is absolutely untouchable?

You have to factor in a few things like age and potential, as well as the position he plays.

I think I would trade him for Lebron but nobody else. Duncan is over 30 years old, Dirk and Kobe are both near 30, DWade is injury prone. Stern has changed the rules to inflate the numbers of perimeter players but look at every championship team outside of Jordans bulls the last 20 years...all of them had good to great big men.

Hmmm, would I consider taking a definite shot at competing for the NBA Finals for the next 4 years as opposed to hoping we may be able to get there 4 years from now?

I think I would opt for definite chamionship contention with proven MVP type players.

You guys keep talking about how Dwight's youth is a plus pertaining to his potential. Well Dirk is only 29. Kobe is only 29. Lebron is 22. And yes, Duncan is 31, but he is only in his 9th NBA season. A few of which he has already spent adding to his jewelry collection.

You also have to put all this in context. If we traded Dwight away for an all-nba calibre player we would still have all of our cap space available to bring in another such player.

IMO, title contention being an absolute certainty for the foreseeable future compared to wishes and dreams for the future...it's no contest.

just because we would get an all star ...

This team has been built around Dwight.

we would have to tear down and start all over again so a title would not happen right away.

You just don't go out and buy a team and expect a championship over night ...

It takes time no matter who's there.

quote:

Hmmm, would I consider taking a definite shot at competing for the NBA Finals for the next 4 years as opposed to hoping we may be able to get there 4 years from now?

I think I would opt for definite chamionship contention with proven MVP type players.

You guys keep talking about how Dwight's youth is a plus pertaining to his potential. Well Dirk is only 29. Kobe is only 29. Lebron is 22. And yes, Duncan is 31, but he is only in his 9th NBA season. A few of which he has already spent adding to his jewelry collection.

You also have to put all this in context. If we traded Dwight away for an all-nba calibre player we would still have all of our cap space available to bring in another such player.

IMO, title contention being an absolute certainty for the foreseeable future compared to wishes and dreams for the future...it's no contest.

honestly as longas we could put a team together that would be better then a one time wonder.... And create a team that would contend for years... I would maybe be willing to trade Dwight

quote:

Whos' to say it'll take us 4 years? How many teams in the east have young franchise players like Dwight? Toronto, Cleveland and Miami that is it. And history shows us NBA players that when players get to 33/34 and beyond their play diminishes at a decent rate in most cases. Especially big men.

quote:

I would prefere to have a shot at being a potential contender year after year besides a short window.

quote:

IMO,title contention being an absolute certainty for the foreseeable future compared to wishes and dreams for the future...it's no contest.

I guess you missed the fact that Dwight IS an all NBA player..

It is difficult to trade a big for a small, so in my opinion Wade is out of the question, but I would take my chances with Lebron or Kobe. I would consider Dirk even though he doesn't have the inside game that Dwight has the potential to develop. I think that is the point that Smack is trying to make, Dwight has tremendous potential and a bright future where Duncan, Dirk, Lebron and Kobe are there now. I know this was discussed in a different thread a few weeks ago, but if you want to go with pure potential, you have to consider Oden.

I would trade D12 for Erik,the best **** shooting guard to ever play for Lake mary Highschool,he avg. 50pts,20 ast,15 reb per game.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

I would trade D12 for Erik,the best **** shooting guard to ever play for Lake mary Highschool,he avg. 50pts,20 ast,15 reb per game.

Id make that trade.