Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Time to Fire Otis Smith???

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Magic owners fire Otis Smith?

• Yes, it is time
    • No, it is not time

I loved Lee, but Anderson has turned out to be the better NBA player. A perfect fit in our offense with Dwight too. That may actually be Otis' best move other than getting Alston for Brian Cook.

Good point but who knows how Lee could've turned out here instead of Houston. Its 2 different situations that could've changed on how deals were done. We've might've gotten Nash instead and next to him, Lee might've turned into quite the baller.

You are right though, that Phoenix deal pretty much did it for me.

I bet Phoenix offered to include Nash and Otis insisted on JRich so he could keep starting his boy Jameer.

Whew, at least I don't have to worry about agreeing with you on consecutive posts. I'm back to thinking that you are ridiculous and everything is alright in the world.

I had problem with it. Although I didn't mind not repaying Hedo the contract he wanted (which is why it was also dumb to trade for him on that same contract 2 years later). I thought that was on point but trading away Lee imo, even though he was a role player wasn't the best move.

I do agree that the Phoenix deal was horrible.

The trade for VC and company was the right trade. The 2010 team was better IMO then the 2009, it was just one of those things that Boston wanted it more which is why we lost in the ECF. It was the right trade. The only guy I wish we kept was Alston, maybe replace Lee and Alston with Meer, but hey that's Monday morning quarterback.

And yes, Otis needs to go NOW. We will be the interim GM collectively and we will vote on what trades to accept and not. I'm sure we can't do any worse.

Long time Magic Fan here. I signed up onto this forum just so I can vote and hopefully be heard. Its time to let go of "O" simply because your fans are getting tired of wishing for new leadership.

The team lacks defense and players that can get to the line, the majority of Otis's moves have been for guys that shoot and are not known for their defense and do not go to the basket. It's as though he just expects Stan to turn the players into something they are not.

Long time Magic Fan here. I signed up onto this forum just so I can vote and hopefully be heard. Its time to let go of "O" simply because your fans are getting tired of wishing for new leadership.

Welcome

Chris Duhon and Larry Hughes as your back up PG's to an injury prone Jameer is sheer stupidity......sorry Otis but I have had enough.

The trade for VC and company was the right trade. The 2010 team was better IMO then the 2009, it was just one of those things that Boston wanted it more which is why we lost in the ECF. It was the right trade. The only guy I wish we kept was Alston, maybe replace Lee and Alston with Meer, but hey that's Monday morning quarterback.

And yes, Otis needs to go NOW. We will be the interim GM collectively and we will vote on what trades to accept and not. I'm sure we can't do any worse.

You don't read this forum much do you? I would hate to see this team after a year if this forum collectively worked as the GM.