Beast From The East

GameThread : Magic @ Celtics 1/23/12

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Magic
    • Celtics

Do the Celtics even qualify as a good team? They're 7-9 and were playing without 2 main starters.

Man.. they started Sasha Pavlovich

On top of that, Bass killed the Magic.

Always nice to see a guy they traded because he wasn't good enough be the leading scorer in a blowout.. hehehe

I'd probably be locked at home for 2 days. It's so embarrassing it gets funny.

I agree that the team will have a really bad outing or two throughout the season, but in a case like last night's, where none of our starters are doing ANYTHING, why not give the bench and the rookies a little more PT?? Aside from the team's performance, this was the other frustrating team to watch. Liggins and Harper need to be out there getting some PT if they are going to get better or even show what they can do. I'm frustrated to see teams like MIA and BOS and others giving young players and rookies a chance to contribute, while our rookies (who I feel are just as talented) get to sit on the bench and just watch while our team gets blasted. SMH...

smile_panicworker.gif

I agree that the team will have a really bad outing or two throughout the season, but in a case like last night's, where none of our starters are doing ANYTHING, why not give the bench and the rookies a little more PT?? Aside from the team's performance, this was the other frustrating team to watch. Liggins and Harper need to be out there getting some PT if they are going to get better or even show what they can do. I'm frustrated to see teams like MIA and BOS and others giving young players and rookies a chance to contribute, while our rookies (who I feel are just as talented) get to sit on the bench and just watch while our team gets blasted. SMH...

smile_panicworker.gif

Exactly, Nelson was playing like crap, so yank him and put in Hughes, Wafer or the ball boy. Anderson gets yanked so fast when he is not playing well, but Van Dumdy keeps Nelson in the game and on top of that keeps letting him get ripped trying to bring the ball up the court. In a game like last night, not sure it would have made a difference, but the game was still close in the third when Nelson forgot the basics of being a point guard. That 3 he took int he 3rd was just bad, so bad I had to laugh to keep from breaking another brighthouse remote against the wall!

Also, I keep hearing how PG's are a dime a dozen in today's NBA. So why is it that we have not sellected any to at least take a chance at being better than Nelson?

I might be wrong, but I really do not recall any since we got Nelson in the draft.

I always think after a really bad loss I need to sleep the bad mood off. Every time though its the board. Trading Dwight, losing a game, doesn't matter. I get back on here and the next day the message board has gone from hating life to looking for a positive turn around. Makes my outlook for the day immediately get better. As corny as it may sound, I do love it. Haha.

Anderson put up a big goose egg last night but was on the court. Everyone played like crap last night. The whole damn team played like they didn't want to be there.

I've never seen the Magic play so poorly. It was.... interesting.

I always think after a really bad loss I need to sleep the bad mood off. Every time though its the board. Trading Dwight, losing a game, doesn't matter. I get back on here and the next day the message board has gone from hating life to looking for a positive turn around. Makes my outlook for the day immediately get better. As corny as it may sound, I do love it. Haha.

Well I was at the game last night and thought the same thing before I came here to post, and now that I have slept on it, I have to be honest that was the worst I have ever seen any team look. They had the same number of TO's (25) as FG made, that has to be a record. I have been a Magic fan since '91 and I have done my best over the years to stick with NBA, but that was the death nail last night. I can't believe I paid money to see that. So this is it, the NBA for me is over, you can have your over paid millionaires and crooked refs. I will just wait for Baseball and Football to start back up.

p.s. Stern, you suck!

Well I was at the game last night and thought the same thing before I came here to post, and now that I have slept on it, I have to be honest that was the worst I have ever seen any team look. They had the same number of TO's (25) as FG made, that has to be a record. I have been a Magic fan since '91 and I have done my best over the years to stick with NBA, but that was the death nail last night. I can't believe I paid money to see that. So this is it, the NBA for me is over, you can have your over paid millionaires and crooked refs. I will just wait for Baseball and Football to start back up.

p.s. Stern, you suck!

point well made if this wasn't a game for Vegas bets lol celtucs on back to back no allen rondo pietrus magic 2 day rest gimme a break!!!!

p.s. Stern, you suck!

LOL

I'm telling you guys, so bad it's funny.

Kind of how I approach it, too. In the end, no matter how ugly it was, it's just one loss. We're still in the hunt for a top four playoff spot.

And having reffed in a couple small and intramural leagues, I usually give refs the benefit of the doubt. The calls last night? Terrible. A double T when Dwight's walking away and O'Neal's up in his face going ballistic and being restrained by four teammates (and barking at the ref)? REALLY?? That T had better be rescinded.

Yes its one loss but seen this picture plenty times we play to level of competition a lot games that should be blow outs we make close that's y our rookies can't get pt!!!!! When u play pistons raptors nets our starters should dominate 4 th qtr should be garbage time we never go for kill! !!!!