Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Thank you, Carmelo Anthony

What happens when one superstar demands a trade to play on the team of another superstar in the NBA? Thanks to Carmelo Anthony, we see that despite great hype and riches, mediocrity can result:

2011-2012 NBA Records Thus Far of Two Trade Partners

Denver 12 - 5

New York 6 - 10

Winning takes chemistry, not just competency.

This season, the Magic are growing each game and displaying excellent chemistry around Dwight's play. I hope Dwight can begin to appreciate what he has in Orlando and actually learn from the experience of others.

Dwight's willing to go to NJ and be .500 while getting destroyed by Miami every single year. He clearly doesn't understand the idea of team basketball. The guy legitimately believes Deron+Dwight+scrubs+scrub coach = better chance at title. Deron is one of the most overrated players in the league who thrived on a team with a HOF coach and a great supporting cast. I still don't get how anyone could put that chucker over Chris Paul.

But Carmelo is by far the biggest idiot on the planet. He leaves a legit supporting cast in Denver with an excellent coach for a declining Amar'e and a bunch of scrubs.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If the following is true, then Dwight learned from the Melo situation and knows thats not a way to start a winning team.

Woj @ Yahoo Sports

The Lakers have been willing to give the Magic a choice of both Bynum and Pau Gasol. Here’s the thing, though: Howard doesn’t want the Lakers to gut the roster for him. He wants to play with Gasol, and would encourage the Lakers to resist trading both its big men to the Magic. Between now and the March 15 trade deadline, don’t discount the possibility that Howard tells the Magic to forget his trade demand. If he’s going to sign with the Nets as a free agent, he can do it without them having to trade every asset except for Williams to get him.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_lakers_nba_012112

Very dickish on his part if true (again, if you trust Woj).

If the following is true, then Dwight learned from the Melo situation and knows thats not a way to start a winning team.

Woj @ Yahoo Sports

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_lakers_nba_012112

Then Otis should retort with "Bynum + Gasol or no deal".

Once again, don't give Dwight anymore power. We have to do what's best for us, as well.

Woj @ Yahoo Sports

Lulz, just read this. The Magic are doing the Lakers a favor taking Pau's massive deal; I guess Dwight want's to play on a team with him, Kobe, Pau and nobody else worth mentioning.

If he goes to the lakers expect for the shak/Dcoward comparisons to continue. Honestly, i dont think he will win any rings either at LA or NJ as long as miami continues with the same core.

Shak will love that!

The only way D12 will ever win that battle is if he stays.

If he goes to the lakers expect for the shak/Dcoward comparisons to continue. Honestly, i dont think he will win any rings either at LA or NJ as long as miami continues with the same core.

Shak will love that!

The only way D12 will ever win that battle is if he stays.

The Bulls and Heat are ahead of us right now and their future looks better. I don't think we can definitively say whether staying is Dwight's best chance to win a championship. I personally don't see it happening here any time soon.

The Bulls and Heat are ahead of us right now and their future looks better. I don't think we can definitively say whether staying is Dwight's best chance to win a championship. I personally don't see it happening here any time soon.

I really don't want to pile on Meer, but the PG play of those two teams is so far superior to our own. (And I'm referring to Wade as the Heat's PG, as he's the ball handler in the 4th for the Heat). Looking into the future, I worry about the Clips, Thunder, Heat and Bulls.

• Upvote 1

I can't agree. If Dwight opts-in and waits another season, the Magic will have plenty of cap-space in 2013 which is a pretty solid FA year. The Bulls will be strapped with that Boozer/Noah frontcourt and as Wade ages, the harder it'll get for the Heat.

• Upvote 2

I can't agree. If Dwight opts-in and waits another season, the Magic will have plenty of cap-space in 2013 which is a pretty solid FA year. The Bulls will be strapped with that Boozer/Noah frontcourt and as Wade ages, the harder it'll get for the Heat.

Great point