Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoFan11

Point Guard Trades

Hi Magic Fans,this is my first post in like 3 years. Good to be back

I think we all are witnessing the decline of what was a very good Point Guard in Jameer Nelson. Personally, I used to love Jameer and always worry when we have the back-up PG run the point. However, strangely enough, during the SA loss on Wednesday, I actually for the first time wanted Duhon or Larry to play in OT becuase Jameer was just awful. I think this was the first game without Turk this year and it shows you how bad Jameer is playing when Turk is not helping him run the plays. Jameer has one of the worst Assist Averages in the League for a PG who has been starting for the last 7 years.

So the question is, what PG's are available that we can get for Jameer and a second round pick or one of our usless bench players (Orton for e.g.)?

Here's amy Top 10 (but in no particular order), please comment based on how realistic this could be and also whether this would actually improve the team.

1- Mo Williams (LAC have 2 great PG's, I am sure they will not stand in his way to play starter minutes in ORL, won't take much to prize him away, probably Jrich only as LAC are in need of a decent SG)

2- JJ Barea (Signed for the Money but with RUbio blossoming, I doubt Barea will stick around for too long - I think Meer and Von will probably do the trick)

3- Raymond Felton (Portland like him and rightly so, but will probably give him up for a 1st round pick - Do we really wanna do that though?)

4- Andre Miller (that could be a good trade, although I don't know if Andre can still play starter minutes. However, at least this trade won't cost us much)

5- Steve Nash (it's being reported around the net but somehow can imagine Steve in ORL. Would also cost too much to prize him away as many other teams will offer Phx better pieces)

6- Jarret Jack (Love this guy, plays hard, penetrates and has a good Assist average at 7.5 - Problem is he's starting for NO so would take a lot to get him. He's a guy I think who can propell us to the next stage)

7- Darren Collisson/George Hill (Indiana has the best PG combo in the Leage I think and their record shows that. However, what would it take to get one of these 2 great PG's to come to Orlando - Unfortunately, we will probably have to give up JJ or Rhino which I dont think we should do. But maybe Otis can surprise us and pull it off with Von, Orton, Harper and a 1st Round Pick.

8- Tyreke Evans (Although I am not fully sold on this guy, he penetrates well but his shooting and passing is similar to Jameer. A volume shooter who averages 4.5 APG. However, he's young and will add Energy to the team. But again, although SAC suck, they probably won't give him up.

9- Calderon (Wicked APG, but somehow I am not sold on him. But he could be available since the Raptors will probably rip this team apart once again, as their rebuilding plan is not working. Will probably take Meer, Orton, Clark and Von)

10- Brandon Jennings (MLW are a good team but if Brandon wants out, it will be difficult to convince him to stay as they are going nowhere. This would require Brandon to demand a trade but I think we probably can pull it off with a 1st pick, Orton, Liggins, Harper and Clark. It will destroy our bench I know but lets face it, none of these 4 players is playing anything but garbage minutes at the moment and we can easily replace them with so many vets currently clearing wavers

Hope you guys can give me your scoop.

Any of the above options would be an improvement from Jameer Nelson. I've given him so many chances, but just can't excuse his inexcusable play any longer. Meer has been the cancer to this team despite his occasional heroics. He is TOO INCONSISTENT!!!!

from that list I prefer Nash, Andre Miller, T. Evans, Collison/Hill, Jennings. but unfortunately we won't be able to trade for them cause Jameer has no value, maybe next season when he ll have an expiring contract...

Any of the above options would be an improvement from Jameer Nelson. I've given him so many chances, but just can't excuse his inexcusable play any longer. Meer has been the cancer to this team despite his occasional heroics. He is TOO INCONSISTENT!!!!

don't give up on jameer yet. keep the faith.

Yeah I would do it for Chris Duhon, Orton and Q-rich.

Did I miss something and Devin Harris became a top ten PG in this league? Besides, why would anyone want Duhon? While he was playing better, lately he seems lost again. That wide open 3 thought about taking against SA would have been a big shot, plus he is not pushing the ball up the court fast enough.

Dont get me wrong, Devin Harris would be an upgrade to the way Nelson is playing.