Soul Bro

The Trade Target Thread

Rondo perhaps?

Danny Ainge seems hell bent on trading him and has always liked Redick and Anderson. Can you say deal? tongue.gif

Jameer would have to go in that trade for Rondo. So i think we keep either JJ or Ryno.

I suddenly feel like I am the only person here judging by the (lack of) comments.

But, Chris Palmer just...twitted...that the Suns are OPEN to trading Steve Nash. I have never heard that outta PHX so I thought that maybe changing of the guard was occuring out there...

Even at the age of 38... The dude is averaging 15 points per game, 10 assists, all while playing over 30 minutes a game. All while having played 22 of the Suns 25 games so far.

That, is *****ing filthy.

Even at the age of 38... The dude is averaging 15 points per game, 10 assists, all while playing over 30 minutes a game. All while having played 22 of the Suns 25 games so far.

That, is *****ing filthy.

Nash is nice but is it enough to entice Dwight to a long-term deal? He's got 2-3 years tops. Maybe with a promise of a few more years and Dwight would do the same term. But 38, he could be gone this year.

Rondo perhaps?

Danny Ainge seems hell bent on trading him and has always liked Redick and Anderson. Can you say deal? tongue.gif

I like Rondo, would be a big upgrade in quickness, passing and D I believe. However, there would two areas of concern if, say, we trade Nelson and and Reddick for him.

First, his jumper is iffy at best. I know the Magic have a lot of shooters, but take two away and bring iffy in return?

Secondly, he is a poor free throw shooter. Combine Howard and Rhondo and our free throw percentage drops further. Come crunch time, and 40% of our team on the floor could miss important FT's (60% when you consider Turk sometimes falls in love with the front of the rim).

I like Rondo, would be a big upgrade in quickness, passing and D I believe. However, there would two areas of concern if, say, we trade Nelson and and Reddick for him.

First, his jumper is iffy at best. I know the Magic have a lot of shooters, but take two away and bring iffy in return?

Secondly, he is a poor free throw shooter. Combine Howard and Rhondo and our free throw percentage drops further. Come crunch time, and 40% of our team on the floor could miss important FT's (60% when you consider Turk sometimes falls in love with the front of the rim).

Make that 80%, because J Rich sucks at FT's too.

If you have to drug up Danny Ainge to get Rondo you do it. If there is any offer on the table for anybody on our roster (including the entire roster itself) for Rondo you do it. Rondo is EXACTLY what this team needs. The guy is fantastic in the open court, finds open players, plays great defense and rebounds effectively and gets out on the break (basically Jameers opposite). So he doesnt shoot great...give him time besides do we need another shooter? If we do sign one off free agency. Guys like JRich, Reddick and Wafer are decent role players but are easily replaced. Rondo is unique, has won a championship and is an agressive player which are qualities we dont have on our roster currently. That being said Im sure Otis will pass on it to bring in and overpay for a guy who lost his talent 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

If you have to drug up Danny Ainge to get Rondo you do it. If there is any offer on the table for anybody on our roster (including the entire roster itself) for Rondo you do it. Rondo is EXACTLY what this team needs. The guy is fantastic in the open court, finds open players, plays great defense and rebounds effectively and gets out on the break (basically Jameers opposite). So he doesnt shoot great...give him time besides do we need another shooter? If we do sign one off free agency. Guys like JRich, Reddick and Wafer are decent role players but are easily replaced. Rondo is unique, has won a championship and is an agressive player which are qualities we dont have on our roster currently. That being said Im sure Otis will pass on it to bring in and overpay for a guy who lost his talent 3 years ago.

I agree. I was just pointing out a couple of concerns. A positive side is that it gives use two players and need to be fouled to be stopped which puts the other team in the penalty already, giving us more free throughs.

Regarding Otis: either that or he will completely mortgage our future to get him (say Ryno Reddick Nelson and Clark or Baby leaving us thin in several areas for at least the rest of the year along with at least 3 picks so we have no chance of finding depth through the draft)

+1 to that. With someone like Rondo on this Magic team maybe they could start playing basketball a bit more than shooting for 3's all the time.

+1 to that. With someone like Rondo on this Magic team maybe they could start playing basketball a bit more than shooting for 3's all the time.

Except that shooting the 3 is in their DNA. With Rhondo, there would be more assists to Howard for easy dunks etc, but we have no one else who can or is willing to cut to the hole for a Rhondo assisted layup (outside of little used Wafer and from time to time Turk Reddick and J Rich). The passes to the 3 line would be far better that they are now which might lead to better shots and more open with Rhondos slashing ability.

The 3 would still be a big part of our game which would mean from time to time we would still die by the 3.

Oh and I hate to be a downer, the the Celts are winning games now (could pass us by in the standings), so why would they make this trade?

Steve Nash - If the Suns want to be extra nice to Nash and give him a chance to contend without ruining his legacy by joining the Heat or such. Nash would make our offense a beast to contain, with all our shooters and Dwight. Hopefully Nelson, Orton, maybe picks or cash.

Stephen Jackson - Recently heard he is not happy with the Bucks, they might trade him, basically same salary as Hedo, and Hedo seems to fit well in the Bucks, gives them a playmaker which they don't have and gets rid of a troublemaker. For us its a huge boost in defense, and if we also get Nash, we don't need another playmaker, besides I heard he good friends with Howard. Maybe do a straight up trade with them, include picks and such if necessary.