Soul Bro

The Trade Target Thread

Steve Nash - If the Suns want to be extra nice to Nash and give him a chance to contend without ruining his legacy by joining the Heat or such. Nash would make our offense a beast to contain, with all our shooters and Dwight. Hopefully Nelson, Orton, maybe picks or cash.

Stephen Jackson - Recently heard he is not happy with the Bucks, they might trade him, basically same salary as Hedo, and Hedo seems to fit well in the Bucks, gives them a playmaker which they don't have and gets rid of a troublemaker. For us its a huge boost in defense, and if we also get Nash, we don't need another playmaker, besides I heard he good friends with Howard. Maybe do a straight up trade with them, include picks and such if necessary.

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board would flip Turk or Jax. Doubt Mil would do it

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board would flip Turk or Jax. Doubt Mil would do it

I doubt it as well lol, but crazier things have happend, and well number wise Turk is having a better year on a better team...hoping Mil gets blinded by that lmao

I doubt it as well lol, but crazier things have happend, and well number wise Turk is having a better year on a better team...hoping Mil gets blinded by that lmao

Although Milwaukee could use Turk to handle the ball allowing Jennings some time off, so it could work. Add Ulrich for Duhon too

Although Milwaukee could use Turk to handle the ball allowing Jennings some time off, so it could work. Add Ulrich for Duhon too

That's exactly what I think as well, Turk fits well in that team, but there might be other teams able to give a bit more, if not I think its a good deal.

I want Steve Nash as much as the next guy but Portland is in a much better position to acquire him. Raymond Failton is garbage so I imagine they'll be in pursuit of a Nash rental at the deadline.

With Nash, I know for a fact we can't put together the best deal for him, but if the Suns want to be nice (highly unlikely) and give Nash a very much deserving shot at contending, Magic I believe would be a preferred choice by Nash, and I mean getting Nelson is not too bad, Portland is a young team and I don't think they'd be willing to give up much for a 38 yr old rental as good as he is.

Steve Nash will be a free agent this summer, increasing the odds that the Suns could trade him before the deadline.

One executive whose team has had serious interest in Nash in the past told SI.com that the Suns are "as close as they've ever been" to realizing that they need to strongly consider a trade.

"I have no idea what the club will eventually do if a bunch of offers are thrown in their face," Nash said, "but I feel like I'm not nervous about [the trade deadline] and I'm not thinking about -- what's the word? -- I'm not anticipating anything to happen. I feel like I made a commitment and I feel like I owe it to my teammates -- the city, the fans, the club -- to play it out and to play as hard as I can."

"Our position has been the same all along, which is I've told him that he has earned the right to stay with our franchise as long as he wants provided that he believes in what we're doing, and provided that he's all in and wants to do that," Lon Babby told SI.com.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218970/Source_Suns_Closer_Than_Ever_To_Making_Nash_Available#ixzz1mI1g9vTn

I have been wondering why Steve Nash's name hasn't come up in any trade scenarios. I believe he is in the last year of his contract and the way he is playing, I think he has at least 2 good years left and he is far better than any ball handlers we have. I we cannot work a deal to bring him here to paly with Dwight I think it would be delicious to send Dwight and some combination of Nelson or Tukoglu to Phoenix for Nash and Gortat. I am no expert on salary cap issues so this may not be feasible but I am sick of Nelson and Turkoglu. They both have way too many turnovers, stop ball movement, and make too many bad decisons and crunch time.