Sign in to follow this  
MagicJax

Trade Howard, then blow it up

...an efficient 22+-4-3 is super star status. i was wrong in that i implied that eric gordon only had star potential. kid was a star in his second season. i'll take the dominant wing over a point guard any day of the week. nice try tho

and you still neglected marc gasol. 7 footer averaging a double double, over 2 blocks a game, and more assists than turnovers is already a premiere center in this league.

Again, going back to what I said in item #B:

B] A player who has high potential to be a future All-Star / maybe Superstar one day.

Neither of these 2 players you mentioned were current All-Stars when they were traded.

Marc Gasol was just a DRAFT PICK when Lakers traded him to Memphis in Feb. 2008; not even an NBA player yet, just rights to a draft pick.

Eric Gordon is a good player, with all-star potential, again all-star POTENTIAL.

Eric Gordon is a good player, with all-star potential, again all-star POTENTIAL.

i posted his numbers from last season. again, 22/4/3 is star already. and, frankly, better than what chris paul put up last season.

i posted his numbers from last season. again, 22/4/3 is star already. and, frankly, better than what chris paul put up last season.

True, and I'm not countering your debate.

But fact is... Chris Paul = All-Star and currently still is (he also could be termed a franchise player).

Eric Gordon = Not yet; probably not even this year. Same can be said about Monta Ellis' numbers but he's never been an All-Star either.

It saddens me,but I feel Shaq all over again. There is nothing that the Magic will get in return and Otis has screwed this franchise over so badly that 10-15 YEARS will be needed to recover. Hence the same period it took to get past Shaq leaving.

Magic seem cursed in some way.

It saddens me,but I feel Shaq all over again. There is nothing that the Magic will get in return and Otis has screwed this franchise over so badly that 10-15 YEARS will be needed to recover. Hence the same period it took to get past Shaq leaving.

It will be Shaq all over again if we let Dwight walk away for nothing and just signs with Dallas/Brooklyn this summer.

We still have a chance to move Dwight and get some good pieces in return.

If we don't, then yes it's Shaq all over again.

It will be Shaq all over again if we let Dwight walk away for nothing and just signs with Dallas/Brooklyn this summer.

We still have a chance to move Dwight and get some good pieces in return.

If we don't, then yes it's Shaq all over again.

People like the two of you are why I drink. It's only when I'm completely out to sea that I can forget that there are people this dense and short-sighted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm making a bold prediction here and saying that we don't trade Dwight, and he opts in for the last year of his contract.

Agree, need to get young talent with some picks if Howard has to be traded. The only exception is if Otis somehow finds a way to trade for a good young guy that can create his own shot. If that does not make Howard want to stay, then you can trade him for a vet player as long as you get a lottery pick or two. IMO, I think Liggins and Harper have a chance to be good in this league. Throw in Clark and Orton and there is some young blood for the future. Orton is a big mystery at this point, but how knows.

If Howard leaves, Turk, Duhon, J Rich and Otis has to go too. Even if Howard stays Otis still needs to go!

My first time on this, or any other sports forum. I am here to let all you fans know that Liggins is for real. I am an old lady from Kentucky, so that means I have probably watched more basketball in my life than several of you put together. I am telling you that DeAndre Liggins is a defensive machine. Every big game we won last year was because Liggins shut down an all-american. You Magic fans stand behind him, because you have one of the best players Kentucky has produced in a long time. Wish we still had him with us this year!

Haven't seen much of Liggins. What player would you compare him to in the NBA?

He seems like a very very tough kid. I hope we keep him.

Haven't seen much of Liggins. What player would you compare him to in the NBA?

He seems like a very very tough kid. I hope we keep him.

IMO hes a tougher, more athletic, better slasher, same if not better defender and 3pt shooter, wayyy more potential, american version of Mickael Pietrus

I understand your concern, but let's let this season play out its own story. The Magic are doing well and actually showing we have great young pieces here i.e. RA, Redick, Von Wafer. There is a sense of cohesion here this season that wasn't there last season, hence the possible reason Otis made the trade. What Otis did was a risk. Looking back now, it was a mistake, but at the time at least he had guts to try and turn the team around. Last year's team clearly needed a facilitator. And look how Hedo is panning out now. Much better than Wince (who is now playing for a weakened Dallas team).

So let's hang on and hope for the best. The emergence of Ryan Anderson and consistent play making by Hedo could lead us to a championship run this year ...