Sign in to follow this  
MagicJax

Trade Howard, then blow it up

CP3 and Deron both fetched young talent with upside, a high draft pick AND a former all-star. The team should easily get that or even more in a trade for Dwight.

The problem is Utah got what they got because NJ gambled, not many teams are going to do that. NO got what they got partly because the league stepped in but also because the Clippers were in a big market and had those pieces. At this point Dwight has a list of 3 teams with completely ****y pieces and right now the only gamblers out there are the Warriors who also have ****y pieces. It's not even like there is another major market option that has good pieces unless Chi wants to gamble which I highly doubt.

We should be able to get more but we are completely stuck.

Eric Gordon averaged 20 ppg last year and WILL be and all-star by next season.

Kaman was an All-Star a couple years back.

Aminu is a very good young SF also.

Teams are getting good pieces in return for their superstars.

Eric Gordon - That's exactly what I said:

"B] A player who has high potential tol be a future All-Star / maybe Superstar one day."

Chris Kaman - is a 1-time former all-star replacement 2-3 years ago, but he IS NOT and never been a "Bonafide Superstar". Plus he was just a solid center when he was traded this season.

Of course teams are going to get good pieces in return, but for some guys here dreaming that we're going to get some "bonafide superstars" if we trade Dwight has got to wake up and smell the coco beans.

But you are right. Dwight is 26, was 2nd in MVP voting and is by far the best at his position. We should be able to get more in a trade.

So as of now, looks like...

Nets = Brook Lopez + draft picks

- Brook Lopez has same foot injury that forced Yao Ming to miss seasons and eventually retire early

- Draft picks will be in the late teens or early-mid 20's depending on how Nets look after Dwight is traded there, either way picks in this range will get mediocre talent at best

Lakers = Andrew Bynum

- Best young big player (24) out of list with potential to be an All-Star (which he should already be this season) possibly franchise player if healthy, but have to watch out health

Warriors = Stephen Curry + Klay Thompson + Epke Udoh

- Two young and talented wing players with an average 3rd string back-up PF

- Stephen Curry has been injury prone this whole season

Knicks = Amare Stoudamire

- Soon to be 30 yr old oversized shooting guard w/ uninsured contract who is a chuck 1st, and chuck 2nd player with his worst season right now 41% shooting who needs a pass first PG like Steve Nash

Otherwise, bye-bye Dwight to free agency to a team like Dallas Mavericks (possibly even NJ Nets) chomping on their available 2012 cap space.

It's good that people are starting to realize this., There is no doubt it would be better to acquire more resources for Howard then just letting him go.. I don't think there is anything unloyal about that, i care about the Magic more than Dwight and a lot of other people do to. You know, there's one thing though... If we blow it up we should probably keep Liggins.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So as of now, looks like...

Nets = Brook Lopez + draft picks

- Brook Lopez has same foot injury that forced Yao Ming to miss seasons and eventually retire early

- Draft picks will be in the late teens or early-mid 20's depending on how Nets look after Dwight is traded there, either way picks in this range will get mediocre talent at best

Lakers = Andrew Bynum

- Best young big player (24) out of list with potential to be an All-Star (which he should already be this season) possibly franchise player if healthy, but have to watch out health

Warriors = Stephen Curry + Klay Thompson + Epke Udoh

- Two young and talented wing players with an average 3rd string back-up PF

- Stephen Curry has been injury prone this whole season

Knicks = Amare Stoudamire

- Soon to be 30 yr old oversized shooting guard w/ uninsured contract who is a chuck 1st, and chuck 2nd player with his worst season right now 41% shooting who needs a pass first PG like Steve Nash

Otherwise, bye-bye Dwight to free agency to a team like Dallas Mavericks (possibly even NJ Nets) chomping on their available 2012 cap space.

Steph curry will be good. I'd like a 3 way where we get him AND Bynum.

I wouldn't worry about that ankle. Its an alignment problem that can be easily fixed.

It's good that people are starting to realize this., There is no doubt it would be better to acquire more resources for Howard then just letting him go.. I don't think there is anything unloyal about that, i care about the Magic more than Dwight and a lot of other people do to. You know, there's one thing though... If we blow it up we should probably keep Liggins.

Great job of missing the entire point. There are no trade options that benefit us in the end. They all keep us from moving forward so no, people are still not "starting to realize this.". Sometimes I hate that I can read what other people think is a good idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Great job of missing the entire point. There are no trade options that benefit us in the end. They all keep us from moving forward so no, people are still not "starting to realize this.". Sometimes I hate that I can read what other people think is a good idea.

You are correct. That is the main reason why he has not been traded yet. There is not a single reasonable trade for D12 at this point. We are hoping that other teams, at the deadline, will step up and will be willing to rent D12 for the rest of the year. A team like Atlanta, Clippers, Bulls, OKC, Houston and even the Lakers are teams that come to my mind.

I just hope that the same Carmelo scenario where NJ and the KNicks were fighting for him happens here with Dwight between the lakers and the Nets. It is all about who wants him the most. That should and could sweet the deal.

You are correct. That is the main reason why he has not been traded yet. There is not a single reasonable trade for D12 at this point. We are hoping that other teams, at the deadline, will step up and will be willing to rent D12 for the rest of the year. A team like Atlanta, Clippers, Bulls, OKC, Houston and even the Lakers are teams that come to my mind.

I just hope that the same Carmelo scenario where NJ and the KNicks were fighting for him happens here with Dwight between the lakers and the Nets. It is all about who wants him the most. That should and could sweet the deal.

The Nets have already offered what they can and it's still crap

The Nets have already offered what they can and it's still crap

nop, they have not. A 3rd team is needed. they just need to be more creative with either more 1st round picks or other star players.

The same goes to the Lakers.

We all have to wait patiently.

I've said this before, but if the rest of the league wants to play chicken with us over Dwight, so be it. Let him walk at the end of the season.

I prefer this for SO many different reasons, not least of which is that we don't get more cap hogs in return. We dump Dwight's salary, dump some other pieces, start from scratch.

DRAFT WELL. For once. We need good scouts is what we really need.

nop, they have not. A 3rd team is needed. they just need to be more creative with either more 1st round picks or other star players.

The same goes to the Lakers.

We all have to wait patiently.

So a 3rd team is just going to forfeit one of their star players for Anthony Morrow and Kris Humphries?

• Upvote 2

I prefer this for SO many different reasons, not least of which is that we don't get more cap hogs in return. We dump Dwight's salary, dump some other pieces, start from scratch.

We need to lure someone away from the OKC or San Antonio staff.