Sign in to follow this  
hdimacs

Time for Replacement

So the team jacking up ill advised shots, failing to get any rebounds, and turning the ball over while not moving the ball those are all on Stan? The first quarter is what a Stan coached team looks like, the rest of this turd is all on the players and ultimately Otis for bringing in the collection of ****.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So the team jacking up ill advised shots, failing to get any rebounds, and turning the ball over while not moving the ball those are all on Stan?

I would say he deserves a fair share of the blame for those things. The Bulls stifled us on defense and out hustled us on the boards. If the team continues toshoot awful shots and not move the ball, then it's on the coach to get people to tighten up. It's also on the players to respond, of course.

So the team jacking up ill advised shots, failing to get any rebounds, and turning the ball over while not moving the ball those are all on Stan? The first quarter is what a Stan coached team looks like, the rest of this turd is all on the players and ultimately Otis for bringing in the collection of ****.

I don't think STAN is at fault for that, However is the coach responsability to control the tempo of the game. He clearly is softer and has lost control over this team. I don't think the players are respecting him much anymore. I even saw the players getting directions from other players in a timeout. Stan is probably frustated about all the hype that happened with Howard this summer and how much Dwight dislike Stan way of coaching.

Stan seems to be very soft at the moment. He was good before because of his temper and the way he controls the tempo of the game defensively.

Looking at yesterday's game, this team is not a very good defensive team anymore, other than Dwight. BBD looks lost out there, Jason Richardson does know what to do with the ball other than shooting. Jameer is not doing anything creative. Clearly, Stan is just making all the players give the ball to Hedo and let him create. That is not a strategy. Stan needs to hire better assisstance coaches or else he is gone. I still think he is one of the best out there. However, I don't like the new Stan.

I have been saying this for 2 Seasons now. SVG IS THE TONY DUNGY OF THE MAGIC!!!! He can win, without a doubt but he can't make us a championship team.

You mean, Tony "the first African American head coach to win a Superbowl in the NFL" Dungy, or Tony "set a new NFL record for consecutive playoff appearances by a head coach" Dungy?

"We need another coach, I say Pat. Look at what he turned Howard and Gortat into at the Center Position."

You want to give an unproven coach a shot at coaching a team based on credentials that never really happened?

"SVG crumbles under pressure"

I get it now, you're really Shaq, aren't you?

"then gets on TV and blames the entire team for the loss. To me, thats piss-poor leadership on his behalf and he should take responsibility for last nights loss. Serisouly, why did he bench Anderson....?????"

Stan has always called it like he sees it, taking the blame when the blame was his to take, and calling out others when the situation dictates.

"Why?? Putting in bigger players (Glen Davis, who BTW hasn't been worth the time it takes to change the channel) isn't going to solve the problem. It didn't scare the bulls nor did it make them miss more."

Glen Davis played with a lot of hustle last night, doing the things Stan want's him to do to help this team win ball games.

"We missed way too many shots, they seemed rushed, scared and of pace the entire night."

I guess this is Stan's fault? I can tell because, when the game started and the guys were playing Stan's plan, we looked like crap, but once we got off his game plan in the second quarter, we really turned things around. Right?

"If Otis wants to keep Dwight, he needs to fire SVG.... He is going to have to come to the realization of that.... Denial is hard to see for some, but come on Magic..."

and if Otis want's to keep Dwight, he should fire Otis. Before last season started.

"At 26 years old, I have been a fan since 91"

We're about to test that...

"and I have seen the Orlando Arena and TD Waterhouse...."

Fans of Orlando that have followed since we made the finals with Dwight have seen both since this is only the second season in the new building.

"Having TMAC and Dwight at the same time and you can't win."

Never happened.

"Having grant hill for 7 seasons 95million and he just sits for 7 seasons and coaches? Something is wrong with this organization....."

Yes, the organization didn't like Hill, so we forced him to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck for 7 seasons. It was a bad turn of events for sure, but this club almost has Hill, T-Mac and Duncan via free agency all in the same summer. They took a swing and missed, but damn, you can't blame them for having the nerve to try to pull off that move.

"If you want to break it down on how awful our history has been, think about the players that we drafted that turned to be some of the greats.... Chris Webber, Chauncey Billups, Shaq, Penny, Ben Wallace.... I can sit here all day and go on and on..."

We didn't draft Billups, that was Boston, we didn't draft Penny (we traded Webber for him so take your pick, but you can't claim both of these players, especially not in the same sentence), and NO ONE drafted Ben Wallace, he was signed by the Bullets as a rookie free agent. Bullets. Not Magic. Maybe going on and on isn't such a good idea, I think you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 1991 test. Hell, you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 2004" test.

"Now look at Brandon Bass (14ppg) and look at Davis..... 6.9ppg...."

Look closely. Look at those missed defensive rotations, and keep looking as Davis adapts to his new role on this team. Go ahead, keep looking. Also, not that it means much this early in the season (same thing goes for your ppg quoted), but how has Boston been playing so far?

"SVG Needs to be fired and they need to start cleaning the house up there in the organization and stop hiring investors and start bringing "Mark Cubans" and Scottie Pippens into our organization... Cuz those two people I named have passion for the sport and want win."

Cuban is an owner, and spends a lot of money on his team. Well, our owner does too, last time I checked. Pippen does what again? Oh yeah, he works for the Bulls in a role similar to Nick Anderson for the Magic. You remember that guy, right? He's pretty passionate about this team, but then, so is Stan, and you want to fire him, and bring in some guys who have passion. Is this making sense to anyone?

"Magic brings in millionaire's who come to Florida to gulf and relax as they wait for there stock to climb and wait for the magic to be sold for their "Retirement". Get real Magic ball club, you won't have a good season financially if you don't have a good size fan base to buy the shirts, hats, jerseys, tickets, etc. Why is it that when people become Millionaires they become stupid?"

I'm pretty sure that guys who can afford to buy an NBA team, don't need to do so as a personal retirement fund.

This rant was awful, just awful, but hey, welcome to the forum!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Nasıl görüyorsunuz Van Gundy olarak mi??? Doesnt Söyledi bile nasıl ve ne zaman kullanmayı oyuncuları. Tıpkı şey bugünkü, nasıl ateş Davis hala play bilgiler o topallayan mahkemeye. Neden ateş Ryan Anderson play tersine, onun da starter player bu sezon, büyük bir iş için Sihirli. Bu oyuncu da mümkün Iyi Başkan Dwight yukarı bakmaktan, istediğini takım diyebilirler artıran konusunda games. Ryan Gibi, ihtiyacı de sürdürmek safhasının oyun.

I would say he deserves a fair share of the blame for those things. The Bulls stifled us on defense and out hustled us on the boards. If the team continues toshoot awful shots and not move the ball, then it's on the coach to get people to tighten up. It's also on the players to respond, of course.

Stan can tell guys what they need to do till he is blue in the face but unless those are the types of players that will do what is necessary it will not happen on a consistant basis. Case in point, he talks to BBD and we get a great game out of him, will it continue? I think he will continue to hustle and do the dirty work because that is they type of player he is. Now I'm pretty sure that Stan has been telling Turk to stay aggressive and play hard since Stan got here, we see it in spurts but not on a consistant basis why? Because Turk is a lazy POS and that is on Otis for bringing in guys like that. The greatist coaches in the world are only going to be able to do so much with faulty players.

Stan has a history of getting the most out of any player on his team but there comes a point where he just does not have the tools to get the job done. They stiffled us on D because we had guys taking bad shots instead of moving it around to get a better one. They out hustled us because we have too many guys that just don't give all their effort out there. Coaches always get the blame for this crap because it is easier to change a coach than to trade a bunch of players but the reality is there are guys on this team that should never have been brought here.

Oh and at the guy that mentioned that Stan is soft right now, well that is what the players asked for and he's trying to alter the way he does things to get the most out of them, something any good coach should do. Unfortunately these guys that want a kinder gentler Stan aren't doing their part to try and change for the better of the team, something any good player should do. They want him to bark less, well get up off your asses and play harder.

• Upvote 1

Replace SVG? It's a good question. I have been assuming that Otis should take most of the blame for collecting a set of talent that just cannot compete with the elite teams on a consistent basis. But, maybe SVG has had some influence over that as well.

All I can say is that as a loyal Orlando-area fan - that loves the individual player personalities - but also wants to see the Magic win it all - that the Magic have become too frustrating to watch any longer. That's because they just don't have the talent to compete. Yes, it's true that they were also completely out hustled and out rebounded by Chicago. But, that's because the players we have are not those type of players. Chicago has a set of players that are versatile. Versatile means you can adjust the strategy as the game demands. Each Magic player can only do one thing, and other than Dwight, none are consistent, none are better than average rebounders, and none are better than average defenders. I don't know who would expect to win against the Bulls, Heat, Lakers, or now even Atlanta, Indiana, etc. with the Magic's lineup?

My disappointment with Otis is that all last year he was saying that "Gilbert just needs a Summer to get his act together." Well, he had an extended Summer and then they cut him. Obviously we have to assume that this means that he did not mend - but, nobody really knows because we did not even see him play. Also, the Magic had a clear deficit in terms of backing up Dwight and getting more defense and rebounding. What moves was Otis able to pull off to fix those issues? None. I like Big Baby but that trade was pretty much a wash - not something that will significantly improve the Magic.

So, I agree with everyone that there is something really screwy with respect to how the personnel decisions are being made. If SVG is in on that, well, then he deserves to go along with Otis.

Net-net is that Magic are going to come up short this year without a major acquisition, they are going to lose Dwight, and then it's a 5 year rebuild. I'm not interested in any Magic tickets for a long time.

So the original poster wants to fire SVG because he played Davis over Anderson last night? Did you watch the game? Davis actually did a great job defensively on rotations and was able to cover Boozer one on one.. When Anderson was in the game we were sending Dwight to double because Anderson is a defensive liability, which we tolerate when he's making shots, which he wasn't doing last night.. I like the way Ryan's played so far this year until last night, but when his shots aren't falling and the other team has a very skilled offensive post player, Davis is a better option... In terms of SVG getting axed though, my only fear is that some of the guys that have been around awhile have begun to tune him out

Can blame SVG for this lost playing davis was a good coaching decision ryno was a liability big time on defense this game davis toughness was needed didn't need him to score he did what was needed 10 rebounds dwight did his usual j rich chipped in I knew turk wasn't gonna be turk really struggles vs Deng bad match up but we needED JJJ and Jameer to step up and they didn't on either side of ball! !!!! No need to panic if it wasn't for all this dwight trade mumble this lost wouldn't be scrutinized as much!!!!! I do believe we need to slide turk to the 4 spot during the game as a facilitator therein no other 4 besides odum that can gaurd him jameer JJ dwight try ryno at 3 spot or j rich on d with this line up mix some zone defense in! !!!!!!!!!

You mean, Tony "the first African American head coach to win a Superbowl in the NFL" Dungy, or Tony "set a new NFL record for consecutive playoff appearances by a head coach" Dungy?

"We need another coach, I say Pat. Look at what he turned Howard and Gortat into at the Center Position."

You want to give an unproven coach a shot at coaching a team based on credentials that never really happened?

"SVG crumbles under pressure"

I get it now, you're really Shaq, aren't you?

"then gets on TV and blames the entire team for the loss. To me, thats piss-poor leadership on his behalf and he should take responsibility for last nights loss. Serisouly, why did he bench Anderson....?????"

Stan has always called it like he sees it, taking the blame when the blame was his to take, and calling out others when the situation dictates.

"Why?? Putting in bigger players (Glen Davis, who BTW hasn't been worth the time it takes to change the channel) isn't going to solve the problem. It didn't scare the bulls nor did it make them miss more."

Glen Davis played with a lot of hustle last night, doing the things Stan want's him to do to help this team win ball games.

"We missed way too many shots, they seemed rushed, scared and of pace the entire night."

I guess this is Stan's fault? I can tell because, when the game started and the guys were playing Stan's plan, we looked like crap, but once we got off his game plan in the second quarter, we really turned things around. Right?

"If Otis wants to keep Dwight, he needs to fire SVG.... He is going to have to come to the realization of that.... Denial is hard to see for some, but come on Magic..."

and if Otis want's to keep Dwight, he should fire Otis. Before last season started.

"At 26 years old, I have been a fan since 91"

We're about to test that...

"and I have seen the Orlando Arena and TD Waterhouse...."

Fans of Orlando that have followed since we made the finals with Dwight have seen both since this is only the second season in the new building.

"Having TMAC and Dwight at the same time and you can't win."

Never happened.

"Having grant hill for 7 seasons 95million and he just sits for 7 seasons and coaches? Something is wrong with this organization....."

Yes, the organization didn't like Hill, so we forced him to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck for 7 seasons. It was a bad turn of events for sure, but this club almost has Hill, T-Mac and Duncan via free agency all in the same summer. They took a swing and missed, but damn, you can't blame them for having the nerve to try to pull off that move.

"If you want to break it down on how awful our history has been, think about the players that we drafted that turned to be some of the greats.... Chris Webber, Chauncey Billups, Shaq, Penny, Ben Wallace.... I can sit here all day and go on and on..."

We didn't draft Billups, that was Boston, we didn't draft Penny (we traded Webber for him so take your pick, but you can't claim both of these players, especially not in the same sentence), and NO ONE drafted Ben Wallace, he was signed by the Bullets as a rookie free agent. Bullets. Not Magic. Maybe going on and on isn't such a good idea, I think you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 1991 test. Hell, you've failed the "I've been a fan of this team since 2004" test.

"Now look at Brandon Bass (14ppg) and look at Davis..... 6.9ppg...."

Look closely. Look at those missed defensive rotations, and keep looking as Davis adapts to his new role on this team. Go ahead, keep looking. Also, not that it means much this early in the season (same thing goes for your ppg quoted), but how has Boston been playing so far?

"SVG Needs to be fired and they need to start cleaning the house up there in the organization and stop hiring investors and start bringing "Mark Cubans" and Scottie Pippens into our organization... Cuz those two people I named have passion for the sport and want win."

Cuban is an owner, and spends a lot of money on his team. Well, our owner does too, last time I checked. Pippen does what again? Oh yeah, he works for the Bulls in a role similar to Nick Anderson for the Magic. You remember that guy, right? He's pretty passionate about this team, but then, so is Stan, and you want to fire him, and bring in some guys who have passion. Is this making sense to anyone?

"Magic brings in millionaire's who come to Florida to gulf and relax as they wait for there stock to climb and wait for the magic to be sold for their "Retirement". Get real Magic ball club, you won't have a good season financially if you don't have a good size fan base to buy the shirts, hats, jerseys, tickets, etc. Why is it that when people become Millionaires they become stupid?"

I'm pretty sure that guys who can afford to buy an NBA team, don't need to do so as a personal retirement fund.

This rant was awful, just awful, but hey, welcome to the forum!

Nice Response !

SVG is a bad coach. Many people say that it is not his fault as he has the players Otis got him. But I remember when he first came he said he wants 4 shooters around Dwight, that year Bogans won starting role over Ariza who was traded for Cook and Evans. He wants to play like that, to shoot 25-30 three pointers a game. Most of the players struggle under him. Rashard Lewis, Carter, Bass, J. Richardson, Arenas, Glen Davis and others they all immediatelly become worse players than they were before coming to Orlando. His defensive strategy is terrible, for some reason we double absolutely everyone on the floor and good teams always shoot open jumpers all game long. And I dont want to write again how he was leaving midget Nelson on last defensive possesions in key playoff games, when Fisher and Jamal Crawford were making 3 pointers over him...

See bolded^^^^

I've been thinking about this for a while myself, wondering why is it the players that Babir mentioned all do very well before coming to the Magic...Vince had a very successful season with the NJ Nets prior to being traded to the Magic....JRich, although I didn't follow him that much with the Bobcats and then the Suns, I heard that he was very good with those teams....but I did watch Glen Davis a lot when he played for the Celtics, his shots were money. He gave PFs on other teams fits defensively and offensively.

Why is it these players struggle immediately after being traded to the Magic. Some are never the same after they are moved to other teams.

*Disclaimer* - I am not campaigning to have SVG fired. I just don't understand what happens to good basketball players after being very good on other teams, struggle when playing with the Magic.

SVG is a bad coach. Many people say that it is not his fault as he has the players Otis got him. But I remember when he first came he said he wants 4 shooters around Dwight, that year Bogans won starting role over Ariza who was traded for Cook and Evans. He wants to play like that, to shoot 25-30 three pointers a game. Most of the players struggle under him. Rashard Lewis, Carter, Bass, J. Richardson, Arenas, Glen Davis and others they all immediatelly become worse players than they were before coming to Orlando. His defensive strategy is terrible, for some reason we double absolutely everyone on the floor and good teams always shoot open jumpers all game long. And I dont want to write again how he was leaving midget Nelson on last defensive possesions in key playoff games, when Fisher and Jamal Crawford were making 3 pointers over him...

This is a lie spread by idiots on just about every basketball forum on the internet

SVG said this last July:

“Especially from an offensive standpoint, this is a personnel driven league,” Van Gundy continued. “You do with what you have. We get it from our media all the time and our fans. We’ll have those nights, 2-for-23 from three. They say you gotta drive the ball more. Who? Who? That’s my question. Who? Who’s going to drive the ball? That’s not who we have. If I had a different team, there are a lot of guys in the league that I wouldn’t shoot threes with. We have who we have and we’re going to build our system around it.”

Seems pretty clear SVG is implementing a system based around personnel.

• Upvote 2