Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

Why you keep using the "magic fans" as your subject.

I will use WE instead... or is it that you.... are just giving up?????

Because I'm a Magic fan who over the last few years have felt this way. Like I said, some Magic fans overrate him. Some underrate him. I'm neither so I can't say "we".

I've been a Magic fan since 89. Will be no matter how many stars we lose because of inept management.

Because I'm a Magic fan who over the last few years have felt this way. Like I said, some Magic fans overrate him. Some underrate him. I'm neither so I can't say "we".

I've been a Magic fan since 89. Will be no matter how many stars we lose because of inept management.

I hear you..

• Upvote 1

Magic fans tend to either overrate him or underrate him. Imo, hes a good role player off the bench. You might even be able to go far with him as a starter if you have Kobe or Wade along side of him at the 2 or Lebron at the 3 but with Jrich and Hedo...His true abilities show.

Magic fans still are grasping at his good games and the expectations we had for him when drafted out of St Johns. The reality is, he is who he is with the personnel we have. A less defensive caliber Derek Fisher with a crossover there and a spin there.

I am not sure. I mean, i think in years past he had "starter quality". 08/09 pre-injury and first 2 rounds of the playoffs in 2010, he looked like one of the best PG's out there.

His bigger problem, up until this year, were inconsistency and getting torched by bigger PGs (Billups).

So i don't say he was not starter material. He just isn't now, and probably never again, because his game is regressing at a faster pace and much sooner than what everybody expected.

I am not sure. I mean, i think in years past he had "starter quality". 08/09 pre-injury and first 2 rounds of the playoffs in 2010, he looked like one of the best PG's out there.

His bigger problem, up until this year, were inconsistency and getting torched by bigger PGs (Billups).

So i don't say he was not starter material. He just isn't now, and probably never again, because his game is regressing at a faster pace and much sooner than what everybody expected.

Well that kinda goes with what I'm saying. He was once starting material and still is with the right lineup but with this squad where we desperately need a creator, not just for others but himself, I think his game suffers.

Magic fans tend to either overrate him or underrate him. Imo, hes a good role player off the bench. You might even be able to go far with him as a starter if you have Kobe or Wade along side of him at the 2 or Lebron at the 3 but with Jrich and Hedo...His true abilities show.

Magic fans still are grasping at his good games and the expectations we had for him when drafted out of St Johns. The reality is, he is who he is with the personnel we have. A less defensive caliber Derek Fisher with a crossover there and a spin there.

St, Johns?

Love Jameer's heart, but been saying it on these boards for quite some time. Jameer's too inconsistent to lead this team. To the naysayers who say we only need a "slasher" and not a legit PG -- I say this: We need a PG who can distribute the ball and SLASH. The amount of turnovers are directly and indirectly due to PG play, and we don't have a good combination at that position at all. We did have it one time, and the player's name was: Rafer Alston. Oh, btw, we went all the way to the finals the year when Rafer Alston was the starting PG.

The minute Otis wisens up and gets this team a true general who can slash, is the day this team will get back into the Finals. Literally, the Orlando Magic is one Deron Williams and a backup C away from finals contention.

In the past, I would say Jameer for best 6th man in the league. I'm not even willing to say that anymore ...

I agree totally, but I will go one step further and say that we also need a player who penetrates and doesnt rely on the outside shot. Were built on an inside out game and when were not making our shots then we seem lost. If we have that get to the rim guy then well create more space and draw more fouls.

I agree totally, but I will go one step further and say that we also need a player who penetrates and doesnt rely on the outside shot. Were built on an inside out game and when were not making our shots then we seem lost. If we have that get to the rim guy then well create more space and draw more fouls.

I agree. Otis should have been after Iggy this entire time too, or never let go of Courtney Lee or Trevor Ariza. I guess that's what Vince was supposed to be. But Vince ended up being a dud instead of a stud.

I agree. Otis should have been after Iggy this entire time too, or never let go of Courtney Lee or Trevor Ariza. I guess that's what Vince was supposed to be. But Vince ended up being a dud instead of a stud.

I guess Im asking too much but I would like to see Liggins get some time. He was drafted for that reason. Learn the system young man, we need the help.

They keep saying it on tv and I have been saying it for a while even when those flamed on me on this forum. We need a better starting pg. These teams have started putting pressure on our point guards and they have had hard times simply bringing it up the court. Duhon is playing better than Nelson.

They keep saying it on tv and I have been saying it for a while even when those flamed on me on this forum. We need a better starting pg. These teams have started putting pressure on our point guards and they have had hard times simply bringing it up the court. Duhon is playing better than Nelson.

Jameer didn't even see the building last night and we still lost by 20, think maybe that there is a slight possibility that there are larger problems than our point guard play? He hasn't played well all year but we've still managed to play well as a team, the pg position on this team doesn't mean as much as everyone makes it out to be.

Well that kinda goes with what I'm saying. He was once starting material and still is with the right lineup but with this squad where we desperately need a creator, not just for others but himself, I think his game suffers.

This is what I think. Jameer likely(im sure he has) has heard rumors of been likely traded. He is likely selling himself low. He does not want to go. He is just dont want to play well.

You don't suffer a concussion from a ***** slap.

He just want to stay in the sideline..

Now, next year when his contract is due, he will play his ass out.

Very sad.

• Upvote 1