Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

I have a lot of love for Jameer - but I think its time to move on if possible. Are there any obtainable upgrades out there for us, though?

Is Pargo available? TJ ford? Arroyo? Iverson?

What about jason williams? I heard he still in town and in shape.

Truly our best shot is by trading for one and I am starting to like Calderon very much.

There are really no many options out there. None of these are defenders. But again, jameer is a very poor one.

Jameer is not a bad player. HE is just playing lazy. Remember his best years in 2008 and 2009? The reason he was that good and made the all star game was because he was playing with pressure. He is clearly very relax.

In 2008, we had another pg on the team that was making it very competitive. You remember this kids name... I think it was?? yes.. Carlos Arroyo.

Eventhough we dislike him here, He was a true PG. They both were playing 24 minutes each. It was very competitive. Jameer even lost the starting positiion over this kid for a few games. He was playing with PRESSURE!. He ended playing his ass off.

This year we have no one. Duhon is not going to compete with jameer. We really need a true PG. HECK.. ! I even take Arroyo right about now, just to make it a little more competitive. That is what he needs. He needs someone to pressure him.

BRING A TRUE PG.. Pass first PG... just to back up jameer and take some of his minutes and pressure him to compete.

Come on...he had a good stretch when he was shooting like crazy before he got injured and got his All Star selection, thats it...he is terrible PG, he is not athletic, he is short, short hands, low IQ, terrible defender and etc. The best season we had was when Jameer was injured and we had Alston, who was playing D, hustling, moving the ball properly. Name me one starting PG in NBA who is worse than Jameer Nelson!

We should look at packaging for Jose Calderon. Guy is one of the best passers in the league and can actually hit open shots.

Go look at Calderon's contract, age, and stats.. We don't want him

Jameer has been the biggest disappointment of the season so far, especially because I somewhat expected him to come out with a chip on his shoulder and play great to show everyone that he can be an elite pg, but instead this has probably been the worst eight game stretch of his career.. Hopefully he gets better, because I don't see Otis making a move of any kind any time soon

Jameer is not a bad player. HE is just playing lazy. Remember his best years in 2008 and 2009? The reason he was that good and made the all star game was because he was playing with pressure. He is clearly very relax.

In 2008, we had another pg on the team that was making it very competitive. You remember this kids name... I think it was?? yes.. Carlos Arroyo.

Eventhough we dislike him here, He was a true PG. They both were playing 24 minutes each. It was very competitive. Jameer even lost the starting positiion over this kid for a few games. He was playing with PRESSURE!. He ended playing his ass off.

This year we have no one. Duhon is not going to compete with jameer. We really need a true PG. HECK.. ! I even take Arroyo right about now, just to make it a little more competitive. That is what he needs. He needs someone to pressure him.

BRING A TRUE PG.. Pass first PG... just to back up jameer and take some of his minutes and pressure him to compete.

Good observation, but you shouldn't really need to get a good player to "encourage" the starting player to play. That sounds ridiculous. These players are paid millions. And when they decide to "suck" coz Duhon is backing them up? If that's the case, ship both their asses outta here!

We should look at packaging for Jose Calderon. Guy is one of the best passers in the league and can actually hit open shots.

My God, that's just an awful idea. Getting old, hefty contract, and is regarded as the worst guard defensively in the league

• Upvote 1

Good observation, but you shouldn't really need to get a good player to "encourage" the starting player to play. That sounds ridiculous. These players are paid millions. And when they decide to "suck" coz Duhon is backing them up? If that's the case, ship both their asses outta here!

I agree with you, but is very unlikely to happen this year. However, as the season progress and the fact that next year is his contract year will encourage him to play his @ss off for the rest of the season and perhaps, more importantly, the playoff.

we've got a cheap starting point guard who has continuity and that position, well, is like the least important position imo. our inconsistent wing scoring is the bigger problem as i see it. his shots been really good for a really long time, this is most likely just a slump and he's still distributing well considering his offensive game has been so off track.

we've got a cheap starting point guard who has continuity and that position, well, is like the least important position imo. our inconsistent wing scoring is the bigger problem as i see it. his shots been really good for a really long time, this is most likely just a slump and he's still distributing well considering his offensive game has been so off track.

A quality PG is NOT the least important position we could have on this team. Everything starts with the PG. He runs the offense and creates easy scoring opportunities for everyone on the team. It's without a doubt a HUGE weakness with our club... And at 7 to 8 million per year, he's not exactly cheap.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chris Corchiani was a better point guard then Nelson is now. Too bad the kid couldn't shoot a lick.... He was a decent 2nd round draft pick for us back in the day....