Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

I'm amazed there are still so many people defending him. He will be paving the way out of Orlando for Dwight if we don't do something quick.

I agree completely. Dwight wants to go play with an elite pg like Williams obviously. He lobbied for us to get Chauncey Billups. He might be buddies with Jameer, but he knows Jameer is a liability. When he's not scoring efficiently he doesn't bring much to the table.

I have a lot of love for Jameer - but I think its time to move on if possible. Are there any obtainable upgrades out there for us, though?

I like Jameer but he's always been mentally weak. And that's his downfall.

He wasn't the only reason we lost though. We couldn't get any rebounds to save our life. Gave up wayyy too many second chance points. Blew our fast breaks. Chicago really tried to let us back in but we just couldn't capitalize on their mistakes.

Love Jameer's heart, but been saying it on these boards for quite some time. Jameer's too inconsistent to lead this team. To the naysayers who say we only need a "slasher" and not a legit PG -- I say this: We need a PG who can distribute the ball and SLASH. The amount of turnovers are directly and indirectly due to PG play, and we don't have a good combination at that position at all. We did have it one time, and the player's name was: Rafer Alston. Oh, btw, we went all the way to the finals the year when Rafer Alston was the starting PG.

The minute Otis wisens up and gets this team a true general who can slash, is the day this team will get back into the Finals. Literally, the Orlando Magic is one Deron Williams and a backup C away from finals contention.

In the past, I would say Jameer for best 6th man in the league. I'm not even willing to say that anymore ...

• Upvote 1

I agree with everyone's assessment on here. I could deal with his inability to play defense if he gave us like 20 pts a game but he doesn't give us that. He's been to inconsistent the last 2-3 years and it's time for a change at the guard. I would love us to try and acquire Ellis but I'd even be happy with us trying to bring in someone like Kyle Lowery. I love Meer but his best days are behind him and now he's best suited to come off the bench.

I do not think that he is playing at 100% health at the moment. He is not shooting the ball like he use to, and I do not mean that they are just not going in... as in, his shoot motion does not look like it use to, like he is trying to overbalance himself to make up for something. I think he is having issues with his knees... Not trying to make up reasons for his bad play... or trying to defend him, just my honest opinion. If you have even one bum knee it throws out your shooting form.

Never liked him but he is absolutely terrible this year. He is playing so "lazy"...too many turnovers, slow with decisions, bad shooting...hate when he shoots long jumpers on the fast break! horrible defender...I think we really have the worst starting PG in the league, even Fisher is better, at least he hustles and tries to play D.

If he was 6'4"-6'6", he'd make a fine SG. He's not however, and the fact that we have to rely on Turk to run the offense just puts Jameer in a position where he is an undersized SG that can't shoot anywhere except off a screen. I'll take someone who can distribute the ball consistently every night over a scoring PG any day. Having someone you can trust with their hands on the ball for 32-36 min per night will reduce the amount of turnovers from our 2-4 guys trying to take people off the dribble. (Also, some of the "passes" this season have been really laughable, I guess Meer thought the guy in the front row was ready to drop 20 because of the amount of times the ball ended up in his hands)

We have the BEST center in the league... why wouldn't we get someone who can distribute him the ball in a better position than 18ft from the basket.

Never liked him but he is absolutely terrible this year. He is playing so "lazy"...too many turnovers, slow with decisions, bad shooting...hate when he shoots long jumpers on the fast break! horrible defender...I think we really have the worst starting PG in the league, even Fisher is better, at least he hustles and tries to play D.

Jameer is not a bad player. HE is just playing lazy. Remember his best years in 2008 and 2009? The reason he was that good and made the all star game was because he was playing with pressure. He is clearly very relax.

In 2008, we had another pg on the team that was making it very competitive. You remember this kids name... I think it was?? yes.. Carlos Arroyo.

Eventhough we dislike him here, He was a true PG. They both were playing 24 minutes each. It was very competitive. Jameer even lost the starting positiion over this kid for a few games. He was playing with PRESSURE!. He ended playing his ass off.

This year we have no one. Duhon is not going to compete with jameer. We really need a true PG. HECK.. ! I even take Arroyo right about now, just to make it a little more competitive. That is what he needs. He needs someone to pressure him.

BRING A TRUE PG.. Pass first PG... just to back up jameer and take some of his minutes and pressure him to compete.