Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Ryan Anderson breakout season?

I really would like to see what he is capable of in the post, see if he is capable of getting his own points, not off a set shot from a pass or a put back rebound. If he could do that, then Ryan actually might be considered a *gasp* all star talent.

Crap I really just said that...

I would love to see Ryan in the post and see how far he has improved on that. The one thing I like when we had Lewis is that he did well playing the post and working people. I remeber a couple of games where Lewis posted up on 5 straight possessions against Cleveland's Lebron, and scored on all 5... (Lebron was pissed)

Ryan is a good shooter, but he can be more deadly with the ability to shoot and post. Which would work wonders for when Dwight is out of the game, we can still play some what inside out.

Do you ever get tired of being a wet blanket? Let us have our fun!

If it makes you feel better, the sample size thing works both ways. Sure, his ppg might be skewing high because of small sample size, but it's also possible his rebounding is skewing LOW for the same reason.

Ryan has always showed the ability to put up a lot of points in a quick fashion. The problem has always been his streaky shot. The simple difference between this year and last year could just be that he ends up being reliable and consistent. That alone would make him a quality starter and a great contributor.

The thing I do like this year is that he is starting to become an all around better player than just a guy standing on the 3 point line waiting for the ball. He's an underrated offensive rebounder and I'd expect his overall rebounding to trend up the rest of the season. His defense looks improved and he's cutting around the basket a lot more than he was. I'll predict a 16ppg, 7rpg average at the end of the season. He might earn the Most Improved Player award. I think we'll be able to further judge his game in a month to see how consistent he'll be.

His game is still exactly the same. And until further notice, I will still refer to him as Anderchuck and the Anti-Clutch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His scoring is going to come down. He won't average near 18 ppg, but I do think he is around 12 ppg which would be a career season for him.

But he has yet to show he can make shots in the clutch and be a performer in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This can only mean one thing....Otis sees him as a huge asset right now, so he or JJ is going to get traded, so we can keep our precious, Howard.

And you know the chances of Howard staying if Otis keeps trading away players that are good, like Gortat. NONE.

This can only mean one thing....Otis sees him as a huge asset right now, so he or JJ is going to get traded, so we can keep our precious, Howard.

And you know the chances of Howard staying if Otis keeps trading away players that are good, like Gortat. NONE.

If one of them lands someone like Ellis, Iggy, or dare I say, Deron? I think Howard will stand the dissipointment.