AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment or your stance on Otis but your first two examples, in my opinion, aren't good examples of poor moves by Otis. The 09 finals team wasn't going to get win a championship and the trade for Vince gave the Magic a ton of cap flexibility. Of course, Otis promptly destroyed that flexibility with his horrendous moves last season but that's not the point.

Also, Dwight didn't create the bad roster but he certainly has compounded every problem with his poor attitude, constant complaining, and the way he has played this thing in the media. Screw Dwight, seriously. He deserves just as much negative attention as Otis does.

Fair enough. Dwight does deserve the critism that comes with wanting to be the player that he wants to be. He hasn't handle this like a leader and hasn't handle this like a pro that he talks about his team being.

I agree with you.

I go back to the horrible days of being a Detroit fan, and know that the GM literally dictates where the team can go and where it needs upgrades. While I don't back off Dwight, I feel that alot of this steams from Otis and his miss management and ultimate panic that leads to where we are today.

In saying that, I really don't care where Dwight goes from here because that's not our root cause to our problem. Our root cause in my opinion is Otis and his personnel decisions or lack there of.

There for, I know that nothing will change unless we change the GM of this franchise. Regardless of Dwight is here or not. So while D12 deserves some of the blame, most of it goes to Otis Smith.

What doesn't get said more and probably should is if I were responsible for making multi-million dollar decisions and I had a guy who only finished high school trying to tell me regularly what moves to make, 9 times out of 10 I'd tell him to F off. And for that one time I did listen to his advice and it blew up in our faces, I'd remind him that's why he has his job and I have mine.

What doesn't get said more and probably should is if I were responsible for making multi-million dollar decisions and I had a guy who only finished high school trying to tell me regularly what moves to make, 9 times out of 10 I'd tell him to F off. And for that one time I did listen to his advice and it blew up in our faces, I'd remind him that's why he has his job and I have mine.

I don't think it's easy as that when said high school player is the franchise, and the best center and arguably player in the league.

I don't think it's easy as that when said high school player is the franchise, and the best center and arguably player in the league.

He is not the best player in the league until he makes free throws and becomes a go to player in crunch time.

He is not the best player in the league until he makes free throws and becomes a go to player in crunch time.

James is the best player in the league.

But Howard is a close second. He is a 3time defensive player of the year award winner. He changes the way opposing teams play aginst him. No other player other then James, at this time does that to his degree. If Howard everd had a second all star with him on the Wing, he would be unstopable. It just stinks the Magic could never find a player that could attack the rim with Howard on the court.

But Howard is a close second. He is a 3time defensive player of the year award winner. He changes the way opposing teams play aginst him. No other player other then James, at this time does that to his degree. If Howard everd had a second all star with him on the Wing, he would be unstopable. It just stinks the Magic could never find a player that could attack the rim with Howard on the court.

I disagree if somebody said you have one year to win a championship who do you take to start a team I easily take Bron>Durant>Kobe. So without much thought I put him 3rd best at the most.

I'd even put Durant ahead of Howard.

I disagree if somebody said you have one year to win a championship who do you take to start a team I easily take Bron>Durant>Kobe. So without much thought I put him 3rd best at the most.

I think Rose is inching up on that list.