AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

Raptors assistant.

Terrible choice by signing Smart to a two year contact. Kings need a coach who will be respected and someone who can develop the maturity and deal with Cousins.

Phil Jackson out of retirement. Chips all around.

I wonder who is going to be the next Phil Jackson, besides Pop.

Both are great coaches that won't be replaced.

•  One more note on the Howard situation. With the future of the franchise teetering on Howard's decision, multiple people plugged into league front-office dealings say it's no sure thing that Smith, the GM, will be the one making the final decision on whether to trade Howard and where. With the resignation of Bob Vander Weide and promotion of Alex Martins to CEO, rival executives believe Martins is the one calling the shots. And among those shots could be adding to the Orlando front office, which is thin by NBA standards behind Smith. The most experienced and capable candidate on the market is former Hornets GM Jeff Bower, who has solid relationships with the Magic front office staff. Bower also worked with Martins in New Orleans. Tony Ronzone, the former assistant GM in Detroit and Minnesota, also is a free agent and sources say he'd be amenable to joining a revamped Magic front office with Bower in the lead role. Thus far, Martins has not reached out to any potential candidates as he settles into his new role, but sources believe the direction of the team -- and Howard's fickle approach when it comes to staying or leaving -- could prime the pump for sweeping changes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/16737029/postups-how-will-the-howard-saga-end

It's the last bullet point in a very interesting article.

We'll pick him up next year for the vet minimum :bball:

Huge tussle with Wafer for the no1 jersey though. Names get called.

Von brings a bazooka in the Center and challenges Gil to a russian roulette match.

Gil asks "to the death?"

where ever Gil ends up, he is coming back as agent zero. He would of worn it for the Magic this year if not amnestied. He told me at that Dwight game.

where ever Gil ends up, he is coming back as agent zero. He would of worn it for the Magic this year if not amnestied. He told me at that Dwight game.

The number on his jersey has nothing to do with his playing ability. Zero.

Pun intended.

While his number doesn't change his game i do think that shows he had some confidence again. i mean hes still a capable player. if his contract wasnt so horrendous i would have loved to see him play this season

While his number doesn't change his game i do think that shows he had some confidence again. i mean hes still a capable player. if his contract wasnt so horrendous i would have loved to see him play this season

true but had to dump that contrat think he would've been on mission this season jus looked confused last season! !!!

Nothing about last season demonstrated that Arenas is a "capable player". I wish him the best, so long as it's far far away from this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1