AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

When you say TOP coach, you mean what, Top 10, Top 15? Because SVG sure is not a Top 5 Coach in the NBA

Based on career and/or current team winning percentage among active NBA head coaches, he most definitely is top 5. You can debate potential, rosters, styles or whatever else you want, but Stan consistently maximizes player and team potential, and his results show just that.

Based on career and/or current team winning percentage among active NBA head coaches, he most definitely is top 5. You can debate potential, rosters, styles or whatever else you want, but Stan consistently maximizes player and team potential, and his results show just that.

So are Avery Johnson and Mike Brown

So are Avery Johnson and Mike Brown

Avery Johnson is only on based on career, not with his current team (so one out of two). I have a good amount of respect for him as a coach though and if the Nets can get a decent team put together, he will be able to turn them around.

Mike Brown, well, I would just say "There's an exception to every rule" save for the fact that the Lakers hired him as their head coach, and you have to assume that their front office knows what's doing, don't you? I mean, if you look at it that way, Mike Brown is a good enough coach to get hired by the Lakers, and yet, he totally got out coached by Stan in the playoffs pre "LeBron quit on our team" fiasco. I mean, there was no question at the end of that series that Orlando won, and LeBron gave it his all.

I blame Otis for surrounding Dwight with subpar talent and forcing him to carry such a heavy load on his back for several years.

Btw, did we ever get video footage of Haywood's alleged punch?

Popovich, Carlisle, Thibodeau, Brooks are all better than Stan.

Doc, Hollins, Karl and Adelman are 2nd tier. That's probably where SVG really belongs.

The only way to solve this problem is fire SVG or trade Dwight.We all know the star players always win in this situation,we should just look forward to change next year because it's time to start over.This is by far has been the worst year in Magic history.

See T-Mac's last year and tell me that.

I blame Otis for surrounding Dwight with subpar talent and forcing him to carry such a heavy load on his back for several years.

Btw, did we ever get video footage of Haywood's alleged punch?

No, but Dwights back had been hurting him before that game

Popovich, Carlisle, Thibodeau, Brooks are all better than Stan.

Doc, Hollins, Karl and Adelman are 2nd tier. That's probably where SVG really belongs.

Pop is probably the best coach in the league right now. I'll give Carlisle the nod because of the win with Dallas. Normally, I would say a new coach like Thib still has something to prove, but I really think the credit for Boston goes to him, not Doc, so he can have the nod there as well. Brooks isn't doing anything that Stan hasn't already done, and has an arguably better team than Stan ever had.

So, you have three guys that we agree are ahead of Stan, which leaves plenty of room for him to still be a top 5 coach, even if you want to draw a line and put him into the second tier category. I'm fine with listing Stan in the second tier based on the "he hasn't won a ring" argument, but then you have to acknowledge that he did get the Magic to the finals when pretty much no one thought the team would get there, and that's got to put him up in that list.

So, in all reality, you are arguing that, instead of 4, or 5, he really should be 6, 7 or 8. All because I said he was one of the top coaches in the NBA. So, you wouldn't label Doc, Hollins, Karl or Adelman as one of the top coaches in the NBA?

He'll have to have surgery guys

he'll have surgery when exactly ybr do u know? is he done for the season then i take it?