AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

The article essentially says that the Magic will never get equal value for Howard and that Otis should be turning over every rock to find a running mate good enough to entice Howard to stay.

The three trades listed were:

1. Ryan Anderson and Earl Clark for Eric Gordon - Article states that it could be risky given Gordon's injury history but that Gordon is young and one year removed from scoring 23+. The article states that the two could form a devastating combo given the pending decline of Wade and Kobe at the SG spot.

2. Ryan Anderson, Hedo Turkoglu and Redick for Pau Gasol - Article states that the Lakers would finally be able to spread the floor for Bynum and Kobe. It also says that Gasol and Howard would form a great front court with Pau being such a good passer and jump shooter. They could play high low together.

3. Ryan Anderson and Jameer Nelson for Rajon Rondo - Article states that Boston needs to rebuild soon and Rondo is wearing out his his welcome. It says that Rondo/Howard would be the best PG/Center combo since Penny/Shaq.

That is the summary. Thoughts?

I dont know why maybe I just dont watch the Lakers enough but I dont like Pau at all. Rondo and Dwight would be great Ill take all of Rondos baggage, sign JR Smith and send JJ with Jameer and Ryno to sweeten the pot and I am all in. I would miss Ryno alot but Rondo makes it worth it.

Well there goes JR Smith

http://mobile.sbnation.com/nba/2012/2/1 ... ando-magic

The Orlando Magic, however, will not be among Smith's suitors. The Orlando Sentinel reports that though Smith listed the Magic as a potential destination in a coy tweet, Orlando GM Otis Smith said that the team, despite its perimeter scoring trouble, is not interested in the guard.

Otis better have a plan. We have more money to offer Smith then the Knicks and Clippers. SVG has said many times we need guys who can create their own shot. Even though we won last night...when we play a team that plays hard D, we cant score. I hope after March 1st Otis has a plan to get Monte, Nash, or any player that can slash, dish, and create their own shot.

The absolute worst move we could make would be swapping Ryan for Pau. We are talking a 23 year old, pure shooting, offense rebounding, power forward, for Pau Gasol? Ryan is untouchable in any trade unless it lands us an elite 2 or 3 guard.

• Upvote 1

The absolute worst move we could make would be swapping Ryan for Pau. We are talking a 23 year old, pure shooting, offense rebounding, power forward, for Pau Gasol? Ryan is untouchable in any trade unless it lands us an elite 2 or 3 guard.

Pure shooter who's STILL learning the game, really. And he's already this effective? In a year or two, he could be the next Dirk - trading Ryan would be absolutely stupid unless it landed us a young, amazingly gifted PG (Deron/Rondo/CP3 if he can stay healthy).

Other than that? Ryan should stay no matter what: at least he WANTS to play here...

I would not swap Anderson for Pau Gasol straight up. Gasol is aging and soft while Ryan is young and improving and he is a near perfect fit next to Dwight.

I'd take Pau every day for Ryan and twice on Tuesdays....

If I thought we could compete for a title with just that swap, but we couldn't, so it's best we build for the future. Not that Otis is capable of building for the future, but yeah that trade makes no sense because we're not going far this year with or without it.

I think the Rondo/Dwight combo would have the highest chance of a championship, doubt any of it would really go down, but if any of those keep dwight, im down.

Celtics won't trade Rondo without a franchise player in return. Neither fit the bill.