AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I know that it isn't the most exicting idea but Devin Harris could be a realistic trade target. It appears that he is out of favour in Utah and we probably wouldn't have to give up a heap to get him by himself. Would he be considered an upgrade over Jameer though? There are also other attractive pieces in Utah that could be brought in through a trade.

Some ideas for a trade with Utah:

1. Harris for Nelson "straight up"

-possible slight upgrade at the point (like for like)

-could also include an exchange of 1st Rounders

-possible starting line-up:

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Anderson

Howard

2. Millsap and Harris

-we get a good PF that is consistent at both ends of the floor (no disrespect to Ryan)

-dump Duhon and his contract (massive plus from my POV)

-we do unfortunately lose Ryan in this deal

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Millsap

Howard

3. 3 Team Deal

-upgrade at the PF

-we get another SF/PF who can handle the ball (insurance if Turkoglu gets injured)

-dump Duhon

-trading JJ will open up minutes for Wafer

-possible starting line-up

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Jefferson

Howard

On the other hand the best course of action could also be no trade at all considering how well the team is playing at the moment.

I know that it isn't the most exicting idea but Devin Harris could be a realistic trade target. It appears that he is out of favour in Utah and we probably wouldn't have to give up a heap to get him by himself. Would he be considered an upgrade over Jameer though? There are also other attractive pieces in Utah that could be brought in through a trade.

On the other hand the best course of action could also be no trade at all considering how well the team is playing at the moment.

Harris right now is on the same level as Duhon and that isnt saying much to his long term situation. A team would not have to give up much for him, because his play has been beyond horrible.

The Lakers could get Harris for their Lamar unspecified pick, most likely a second round pick.

Harris was good, when he was with Dallas... but Dallas saw a better opportunity in an older PG in Kidd. New Jersey had him and went nowhere, so they were happy to trade him for Derron who forced his way out.

Harris is no better than a backup.

Some ideas for a trade with Utah:

1. Harris for Nelson "straight up"

-possible slight upgrade at the point (like for like)

-could also include an exchange of 1st Rounders

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Anderson

Howard

2. Millsap and Harris

-we get a good PF that is consistent at both ends of the floor (no disrespect to Ryan)

I am not a big fan of trading jameer for Harris straigh up. Utah would not do it and it is not going to help us much. I rather keep jameer since he already knows the system and he is a very good Dwight's friend.

Millsap is very good, however, I do not see him strive in our offensive system unless Dwights leave and we get both; Millsap and Jefferson.

Honestly, I think we might have better luck in getting Miller from Denver. We might have to give JAson Richardson and Duhon; but I think this guy has a very hight IQ and can get us to the next level. We can keep jameer and have him come from the bench as he did in 2008-9 when he played no more than 24 minutes when arroyo and alston were here.

-dump Duhon and his contract (massive plus from my POV)

-we do unfortunately lose Ryan in this deal

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Millsap

Howard

3. 3 Team Deal

-upgrade at the PF

-we get another SF/PF who can handle the ball (insurance if Turkoglu gets injured)

-dump Duhon

-trading JJ will open up minutes for Wafer

-possible starting line-up

Harris

J-Rich

Turkoglu

Jefferson

Howard

• Downvote 1

Could we get nash if we sent a package of Meer/Q Rich/Essentially expiring Daniel Orton?

I'd like to get Nash, and if we could somehow get Robin Lopez out of decently deep PHO frontcourt that would be awesome. But I'd imagine it would take JJ/Rhyno.

• Downvote 1

Could we get nash if we sent a package of Meer/Q Rich/Essentially expiring Daniel Orton?

is this a joke? you couldn't possibly think of a single reason why they'd give up a productive expiring for those three.

devin harris and andre miller are lateral moves and don't at all fit this system. i sincerely doubt we'd see any kind of improvement with only a few months for them to get acclimated. and paul millsap, again, doesn't come close to fitting in, so we'd have to change our offensive identity, the same system that was the best in the league up until our starting wings got hurt and it's not like he brings much on the defensive end. we already defend the glass better than anybody, can't imagine there's much room for improvement in that area. i say go down with this ship, as it seems to give us our best opportunity to win.

devin harris and andre miller are lateral moves and don't at all fit this system. i sincerely doubt we'd see any kind of improvement with only a few months for them to get acclimated. and paul millsap, again, doesn't come close to fitting in, so we'd have to change our offensive identity, the same system that was the best in the league up until our starting wings got hurt and it's not like he brings much on the defensive end. we already defend the glass better than anybody, can't imagine there's much room for improvement in that area. i say go down with this ship, as it seems to give us our best opportunity to win.

Agreed. We can beat everybody as we stand.

We will need good defence & to hit our free throws.

I'm still cautiously optimistic when it comes to how this season can go. I dont see us able to beat the Heat in a 7 game series. We would need to shoot a ridiculously high rate from behind the arc, while we can do that, it is obviously no guarantee.

I think the guy who could actually change our season, is Wafer, he can give us the slasher who can change our offense and give us a scorer.

Maybe.

• Upvote 2