Sign in to follow this  
LakerGuy

The Dwight trade that will create a dynasty for the Magic Kingdom

No contest: "Dwight for Oden's draft rights, straight up".

That's.......horrible....

DOM is the Michelle Bachmann of this message board. He only puts the catch phrase in when saying what I said 4 years ago.

Lets revisit it to be accurate rather than sensationalist like it is being portrayed!

1) Oden was widely regarded as the best center to come out since Shaq...no argument.

2.) Dwight was still raw and being coached under Brian Hill so it was an unknown how he would mature, if ever, under Hill's disasterously bad coaching.

3.) Dwight was still under his rookie deal which was quite advantageous in regards to trading. We were unsure if he would re-up here in Orlando (sound familiar get what you can before he may walk for nothing)...see Shaq and TMac.

4.) I suggested Dwight (in some form of sign and trade) for the best center prospect in 15 years AND either cap space to go get a great max contract free agent like Amare (at the time) and a possible future unprotected first.

So you can spin it how you want but what you are implying is not how I stated it. The trade is reasonable today. No one knew the future injury to Oden who was looking pretty good when he was healthy. No one knew Hill would be canned allowing Dwight to blossom. Would I make the trade knowing what I know today..not on your life. However why dont you grow a pair and actually acknowledge that you are cherry-picking what I suggested.

Would the trade have looked better if I said retroactively Oden will be hurt and the #2 guy would be used in place of Oden? Id look like a freaking genius. Dwight for Amare and Kevin Durant and some firsts....wow that looks pretty good to a team in danger of losing dwight. Then again we cant know the future...can we?

Furthermore you may get to see Otis do something I suggested 4 years ago...and do it knowing the center (Bynum) is oft injured and the filler (Odom) worse and no draft picks.

At least be accurate if you wish to discredit somebody... You are a solid poster on this board with good knowledge no doubt but you repeatedly fail to quote me accurately on my proposal. Hopefully you dont get to see our dumba$$ GM do exactly what I purposed this week with a team we all hate...but Ive got a feeling youre going to see just that!

DOM is the Michelle Bachmann of this message board. He only puts the catch phrase in when saying what I said 4 years ago.

Lets revisit it to be accurate rather than sensationalist like it is being portrayed!

1) Oden was widely regarded as the best center to come out since Shaq...no argument.

2.) Dwight was still raw and being coached under Brian Hill so it was an unknown how he would mature, if ever, under Hill's disasterously bad coaching.

3.) Dwight was still under his rookie deal which was quite advantageous in regards to trading. We were unsure if he would re-up here in Orlando (sound familiar get what you can before he may walk for nothing)...see Shaq and TMac.

4.) I suggested Dwight (in some form of sign and trade) for the best center prospect in 15 years AND either cap space to go get a great max contract free agent like Amare (at the time) and a possible future unprotected first.

So you can spin it how you want but what you are implying is not how I stated it. The trade is reasonable today. No one knew the future injury to Oden who was looking pretty good when he was healthy. No one knew Hill would be canned allowing Dwight to blossom. Would I make the trade knowing what I know today..not on your life. However why dont you grow a pair and actually acknowledge that you are cherry-picking what I suggested.

Would the trade have looked better if I said retroactively Oden will be hurt and the #2 guy would be used in place of Oden? Id look like a freaking genius. Dwight for Amare and Kevin Durant and some firsts....wow that looks pretty good to a team in danger of losing dwight. Then again we cant know the future...can we?

Furthermore you may get to see Otis do something I suggested 4 years ago...and do it knowing the center (Bynum) is oft injured and the filler (Odom) worse and no draft picks.

At least be accurate if you wish to discredit somebody... You are a solid poster on this board with good knowledge no doubt but you repeatedly fail to quote me accurately on my proposal. Hopefully you dont get to see our dumba$$ GM do exactly what I purposed this week with a team we all hate...but Ive got a feeling youre going to see just that!

Even if you went on Dwights raw talent at the time it was still a horrible idea, as in as horrible as trading for Arenas proportions. Oden was a product of ESPN hype, he was never healthy in college during their much shorter season so anyone who watched basketball could have told you that he was a bad idea. Horrible idea, just horrible.

The title of your thread was "Trade Dwight for Oden, straight up"

The body of your thread was something to the effect of "I'd do it"

Everything else in this thread is a lie. You believed that Oden would be instantly so much better than Dwight, which you based on his performance in the NCAA tournament, that you were willing to trade 1 for 1, with CAP space as a bonus. You never mentioned a future 1st, much less a high pick.

And no, we can't know the future, which is why we can't go around saying "Wouldn't Durant plus Amare have been awesome?" because we had no way of knowing Amare would ever become available. Come to think of it, based on when we would have had this mythic cap space you're yammering about, Amare wouldn't have ever been available to us, because we wouldn't have had CAP space in that year. We'd have had it, actually, exactly when we already had it: the year we signed Lewis.

And I fail to see what any future trade has to do with the one you suggested. The Magic may very well make a stupid trade and lose Dwight, but that won't make your trade less retarded in retrospect.

You know you posted some truly idiotic when the best thing you can hope for in trying to salavage the idea is "less retarded".