Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Read Woj's article.

That did it for me

Now its all just a media game. They 'the media' will continue to push the story both ways so they get people reading. Everyone needs to just take there minds off it for the meantime and support your team! When/if it is going to happen it won't happen for at least another 2 months.

Hasn't everyone learned from the beginning of this thing, post-lockout, with Chris Broussard's nonsense to not listen to ANY of the media when it comes to Dwight? Our local people are wrong 95% of the time, and the national media want him gone simply because it's a "more sexy story," or because they want him playing for their favorite team. For example, people on ESPN are all Celtic, Knick, or Net fans because they live in Connecticut and those are the closest they have to having an NBA team up there!

What got more coverage.. Dwayne Wade staying in Miami, or LeBron James going there?

I invite you to follow my lead. Don't believe a d*** thing unless it's a VIDEO (not even a statement, a video) of the major parties involved. And I don't even mean the Nets. I mean a vid from Dwight, Otis, Martins, etc. ...and even then, I still wouldn't take every single word at face value, particularly from Otis.

When it comes to this Dwight thing, assume whoever's speaking has an agenda.

One more thing. If you boo this man before he's been traded or leaves as a FA? Or at least before Dwight really makes it 110% clear that he is going to leave? Shame on you. Magic fans, with help from the Orlando Sentinel, already helped chase Shaq out of town15 years ago. Maybe some of you weren't here or are too young to remember, but don't let this part of history repeat itself. This man is still in a Magic uniform and has given us everything he's had for seven years. I believe he'll do the same for an eighth year. You cheer this man and you chant MVP even if he's bricking free throws, or in MY mind, you're not a real Magic fan. There's a chance this guy could stay here for the rest of his career, and even if you don't agree with that, the least you owe to to the rest of us to keep your mouth shut Do not personally bash him on Twitter, if you happen to run into him on the street, or most importantly if you go to a Magic game you do NOT boo this man until there's good reason!

For all we know, his agent and his representatives have been filling hi mind with bullcrap all during the lockout, and he's had to get back to the Magic locker room and around his teammates, his coaches, and the front office to remember what he had, and realize the fact is that his heart IS with the Orlando Magic. The point is we don't know, the media doesn't know either, so don't pretend like you know exactly what's going on or what Dwight's gonna do. Don't make the decision easy by booing this man who doesn't deserve it anyway! At least not yet.

• Upvote 5

Hasn't everyone learned from the beginning of this thing, post-lockout, with Chris Broussard's nonsense to not listen to ANY of the media when it comes to Dwight? Our local people are wrong 95% of the time, and the national media want him gone simply because it's a "more sexy story," or because they want him playing for their favorite team. For example, people on ESPN are all Celtic, Knick, or Net fans because they live in Connecticut and those are the closest they have to having an NBA team up there!

What got more coverage.. Dwayne Wade staying in Miami, or LeBron James going there?

I invite you to follow my lead. Don't believe a d*** thing unless it's a VIDEO (not even a statement, a video) of the major parties involved. And I don't even mean the Nets. I mean a vid from Dwight, Otis, Martins, etc. ...and even then, I still wouldn't take every single word at face value, particularly from Otis.

One more thing. If you boo this man before he's been traded or leaves as a FA? Or at least before Dwight really makes it 110% clear that he is going to leave? Shame on you. Magic fans, with help from the Orlando Sentinel, already helped chase Shaq out of town15 years ago. Maybe some of you weren't here or are too young to remember, but don't let this part of history repeat itself. This man is still in a Magic uniform and has given us everything he's had for seven years. I believe he'll do the same for an eighth year. You cheer this man and you chant MVP even if he's bricking free throws, or in MY mind, you're not a real Magic fan. There's a chance this guy could stay here for the rest of his career, and even if you don't agree with that, the least you owe to to the rest of us to keep your mouth shut Do not personally bash him on Twitter, if you happen to run into him on the street, or most importantly if you go to a Magic game you do NOT boo this man until there's good reason!

For all we know, his agent and his representatives have been filling hi mind with bullcrap all during the lockout, and he's had to get back to the Magic locker room and around his teammates, his coaches, and the front office to remember what he had, and realize the fact is that his heart IS with the Orlando Magic. The point is we don't know, the media doesn't know either, so don't pretend like you know exactly what's going on or what Dwight's gonna do. Don't make the decision easy by booing this man who doesn't deserve it anyway! At least not yet.

Chyea boi!

This is post of the freaking year as far as I am concerned. Any person who boo's Dwight while he still wears the Magic blue and white, as far as I am concerned is not only no longer a Magic fan, but a pathetic person in general.

I say we keep Howard all season. Try to get someone that he likes at the trade deadline, and if that doesn't work, try to get someone after the season is over. If he still wants to leave at that point, so be it. We will suck for a year or however long it takes to get that next superstar player in the draft. If we trade him for 2 crappy first round picks, Brook Lopez and/or whatever else any team gives us in return, we'll still have a 0% chance at winning a championship without Dwight anyway. I just don't necessarily buy into the "we have to get SOMETHING in return for him or it will be Shaq all over again". No, we should do every single last thing in our power to keep him here, and buy as much time as we can. Even if there's a 5% chance he re-signs after the season, we should take that chance and do whatever it takes. Make a plan to get a star player and let him know how and when that is going to happen.

Who knows, maybe we make a run and win a championship this season. That could make him want to stay. Even a deep playoff run. At the very worst, we would have this one last farewell season to make a run with the best big man in the league. I'm sure a lot of people think that's stupid and crazy because Dwight wants out no matter what and it would be insane to not get something for him while we can, but this franchise needs Superman. We suffered horrible seasons to get him in the draft.

This is devastating if true...

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned through two sources that Dwight Howard's California-based agent, Dan HWNSNBU, was at Amway Center Tuesday trying to get his client out of Orlando immediately.

The two sources do confirm that Howard wants out of Orlando -- and staying is not an option. Sources do confirm his agent continues to make that point each time he talks with Magic General Manager Otis Smith.

Pingalore also learned that Howard's flip-flopping of possibly staying with the Magic is a ploy to steer the criticism off of the All-Star center. The sources say Howard is growing tired of not yet being traded.

Pingalore's sources used the term that HWNSNBU is "strong-arming" the Magic to make a trade, with Howard's first choice being the New Jersey Nets.

On Wednesday, a trade rumor on ESPN.com was nothing but a decoy stirred up by Howard's agent, according to Pingalore's sources. They confirm the so-called multi-team trade that would send Howard to New Jersey, and also involving Portland's Gerald Wallace coming to Orlando, was made up by HWNSNBU.

The sources believe that HWNSNBU is trying to create a buzz for his client, Howard, in order to pressure a trade.

A report tonight on Yahoo! and ESPN.com said the Magic told teams they will not field anymore calls about trading Howard.

However, Otis Smith said after practice,"We're going to continue to talk to every team out there and that doesn't mean anything is going to happen." Pingalore's sources say the Magic are not happy with Howard's agent and that the Magic put out the leak about no more calls from teams. The sources described the Magic as digging "their heels in."

The sources also confirm that Smith has at least 15 trade requests he is dealing with from NBA teams.

Howard did not speak to the media Tuesday, sources say, because of the direction he was under from HWNSNBU not to do so.

On Wednesday Howard spoke to the media, but did not want to talk about the drama surrounding the team.

The Lakers continue to be an option for Howard, however Pingalore's sources confirm that the Lakers' center, Andrew Bynum, may not be as attractive, because the Magic have learned Bynum's knees are not healthy.

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/Pingalore-s-sources-Howard-s-agent-strong-arming-Magic/-/1636890/5674570/-/15q5t8z/-/index.html

Isn't there something unethical about an agent creating rumors of a fake trade?

*** EDIT: Lets not go too far, nothing funny about torture and death - AddiFB ***

Agents aren't really known for their ethics. This whole situation sucks and I feel like I'm being jerked around quite a bit.