Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218778/Lakers_Slip_In_Pursuit_Of_Dwight_Howard

Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team's third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his "Tyson Chandler" and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.

Howard stated that there was "no way" he would give up everything he has in Orlando to go to the Lakers and be the third option, a source close to the situation said. Howard certainly wouldn’t mind being a third piece on a star-studded team, similar to the situations in Miami and Boston. However, he was turned off by Bryant's presentation as it suggested something totally different.

The feeling is so strong, in fact, that Howard's representatives have informed the Lakers that Howard would not sign an extension if they trade for him this season, according to a source. The only two teams with a realistic chance at signing Howard long-term are the New Jersey Nets and Orlando Magic.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218778/Lakers_Slip_In_Pursuit_Of_Dwight_Howard#ixzz1lSDdv9St

By Rudolph so take it how you want.

• Upvote 1

So true Aussie!

If I was the FO I would tell Dwight to either extend or we trade him before the deadline. We can not afford to let him effect the whole team for the entire season. I would hate to lose him but I would hate to lose him and get nothing back even more :D

Nice. Is that a good or bad thing? Is Rudolph reliable or not? If he is, this is good. Dwight would be stupid to go to NJ at this point. And why not Dallas, Clippers, or Chicago? I thought Dwight listed those teams too. Why not those teams?

Nice. Is that a good or bad thing? Is Rudolph reliable or not? If he is, this is good. Dwight would be stupid to go to NJ at this point. And why not Dallas, Clippers, or Chicago? I thought Dwight listed those teams too. Why not those teams?

Rudolphs on the money

I know this option may not be talked about often and maybe Rich can help me out with this one but any chance 12 and Dwill opt into their contract ala CP and maximize the last year of this contract then use next years off season to get another huge contract? If so that would give us a HUGE advantage. No?

I don't think Howard is looking to do us any favors.

Another thing guys: chill with the booing. As you know by now it really does affect him and he feels not only affects him but affects the whole team. There's no guarantee Dwight is gone yet, so while he's in a Magic uniform we have to continue to support him and support this team.

I haven't been to a game since opening night, are fans starting to boo? If that's the case, I really can't blame them...its not like Dwight hasn't been a massive douche throughout all of this. ***** Dwight bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe because it wouldn't be "his team"

He'd be the man behind Rose in Chicago

depending on who the Clips gave up, he might be the man there

There's talk of Milwaukee looking for another big.

Wondering if we could swing a deal involving Bug Baby, Jrich and Orton for Jax and Gooden or something like that

drew gooden?!?!?!?!?!

My head is going to explode

I haven't been to a game since opening night, are fans starting to boo? If that's the case, I really can't blame them...its not like Dwight hasn't been a massive douche throughout all of this. ***** Dwight bro.

He said he started hearing them in the Boston game last thursday. I mean I understand why some of yall do it, fans have a reason to feel the way they feel at games. Ill agree that Dwight could have handled all this differently, true. But believe it or not he still loves Orlando. And until he's out of Orlando I just don't see a reason to boo him.

That's exactly how I think it should be done. As long as a player has on a Magic uniform we must support them. This booing stuff that's been going on during 'home' games is ridiculous

YBR, here's the problem. Dwight is acting in a classless, disrespectful manner every time he talks to the media about playing somewhere else. So to say Orlando is his "home" court is a joke at this point, given his comments. He's not only hurt the Magic, he's also hurt his own image. I believe the best thing he could for all parties is to apologize right now, with all sincerity, for letting his youth and emotions dictate his words at times. And then he should simply shut up publicly. I doubt he'd have the courage to act with such humility, because I'm not sure he even has that much humility anymore.

• Upvote 1

YBR, here's the problem. Dwight is acting in a classless, disrespectful manner every time he talks to the media about playing somewhere else. So to say Orlando is his "home" court is a joke at this point, given his comments. He's not only hurt the Magic, he's also hurt his own image. I believe the best thing he could for all parties is to apologize right now, with all sincerity, for letting his youth and emotions dictate his words at times. And then he should simply shut up publicly. I doubt he'd have the courage to act with such humility, because I'm not sure he even has that much humility anymore.

you're really making a bigger issue out of it than it really is. Players get asked all the time "what do you think of x player or how would you like to play in y city" he's just answering the question honestly like anyone would. I mean, what do you expect him to say? "Naaaaa D-Rose sucks Chicago sucks" or "Boston is bunch of old geezers" or whatever. You don't need to over-analyze it; you're looking for something that isn't there.

I would agree with you if Dwight said something like "Yea I'd love to play in Chicago b/c it's a big market and Orlando is small and the fans are old or bla bla bla" but he never said anything to that effect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1