Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I like the OKC trade, but that does not look like its going to happen. My next favorite is the LAL trade with a 3rd team involved. We get Bynum, and Gasol gose to a 3rd team. We could get either Ellis, Gay, or Iggy to pair with Bynum.

The ellis scenario can happen IF the Lakes cave and decide to trade Gasol (we'd have to offer ryno) and the magic cave and take Biedrins (not a bad move considering bynum's injury history).

Ellis went from being asked about by the Magic preseason, to Marc Jackson saying no trades please to his GM, to back on the block.

Isn't Nash a FA anyway? Even if he wasn't he is nearly 40. Dwight isn't going to sign long term for that.

He is gone. Unless we pull a miracle out of our ass and get Deron or something, he is leaving. The 20 million dollars is pointless, he makes a ton and would turn down extra money to win.

Isn't Nash a FA anyway? Even if he wasn't he is nearly 40. Dwight isn't going to sign long term for that.

He is gone. Unless we pull a miracle out of our ass and get Deron or something, he is leaving. The 20 million dollars is pointless, he makes a ton and would turn down extra money to win.

Dwight will just opt in to his contract for one more year. The Magic will have to convince Nash to stay...which I dont think will be to hard since a team of Jax, Nash, and Dwight should go pretty far in the playoffs. Then after next season Dwight will get to see what Superstar Free Agent we add. Dwight would have a say in who we add, and he will then sign a contract for the max with us. The Opt-In is the same approach that Chris Paul is doing with the Clips this year.

But $30 million in a state without income tax is not "nothing." Yes he makes a ton, but I guarantee his accountant (I'm an accountant, by the way) is doing a cost-benefit analysis and saying: "Okay, if you move to X, you will have a projected income of Y, with sponsorships, etc, etc, etc."

It really comes down to: Is he unhappy enough here to justify the loss in money? Because this isn't the 80s - endorsements don't depend on location anymore.

But $30 million in a state without income tax is not "nothing." Yes he makes a ton, but I guarantee his accountant (I'm an accountant, by the way) is doing a cost-benefit analysis and saying: "Okay, if you move to X, you will have a projected income of Y, with sponsorships, etc, etc, etc."

It really comes down to: Is he unhappy enough here to justify the loss in money? Because this isn't the 80s - endorsements don't depend on location anymore.

I will say this. If the Magic go the keep Dwight route...and make no trades. Then Dwight is gone, plain and simple. If Otis sits on his hands, Dwight walks. But if Otis makes some good moves, like bringing Nash and Jax, I believe Dwight will stay. This March 15th deadline will go down as one of the most important points in Magic history. All of these BS trade rumors about Dwight being traded in the next week or two is absolutily bogus. Nothing will happen till March 1st, and I fully expect Otis to take this all the wait to the last minute to see what direction we go. I hope, I really hope he goes in keep Dwight mode and makes some good trades. The New Jersey trade just plain sucks, and if we go that route we will be a first round exit team for years to come. Brook Lopez will lead your team to nowhere!!! I rather let Dwight walk then do that. So if we make no moves on 3/15, then I know we are going into Tank Mode for the 2012-13 season, and gearing up to make a splash in 2013.

Most players wouldn't turn down money, but Dwight doesn't want to waste his prime with our garbage anymore. He isn't going to turn down playing with stars like Deron for extra money. He makes a ton as is.

I'd love for him to stay, but its' over....at this point I'm looking forward to seeing a younger and cheaper team.

Most players wouldn't turn down money, but Dwight doesn't want to waste his prime with our garbage anymore. He isn't going to turn down playing with stars like Deron for extra money. He makes a ton as is.

I'd love for him to stay, but its' over....at this point I'm looking forward to seeing a younger and cheaper team.

This is my bet, too, but the last thing I want the Magic to do is to trade him for a broken Brooks Lopez or Bynum and then we're stuck looking at THOSE guys in a suit for the next four years. That would be awesome, right?

So tough it out, let him walk, rebuild next year. Unless someone makes a truly amazing offer (they won't), we should just accept we're going to be going into rebuilding mode very shortly.

Greater fame? He has the most votes out of any player in the All Star Game. He only trails LBJ and Kobe in endorsments as we speak. The thing he wants most...the only reason he would leave, is that he wants to win. Nash plus Jax plus the money equals him staying.

Yes, greater fame and greater money. While he's the greatest vote getter right now for the AS game, in NYC, his platform and fame would grown even more. And I don't buy he simply wants to win. If that were the case, he'd be trying to force his way to OKC or Chicago, which he's not.

This is my bet, too, but the last thing I want the Magic to do is to trade him for a broken Brooks Lopez or Bynum and then we're stuck looking at THOSE guys in a suit for the next four years. That would be awesome, right?

So tough it out, let him walk, rebuild next year. Unless someone makes a truly amazing offer (they won't), we should just accept we're going to be going into rebuilding mode very shortly.

Plus if we let him become a free agent, there's still the tiny chance of him pulling a Wade and getting someone to join him here. Unlikely I know, but I'd rather take a chance on something like that happening than trading him for crap.

Plus if we let him become a free agent, there's still the tiny chance of him pulling a Wade and getting someone to join him here. Unlikely I know, but I'd rather take a chance on something like that happening than trading him for crap.

Exactly what I'm thinking (trading for cap, not the thought he'd actually stay). I HOPE he stays, but I just don't see how that's possible. Maybe if we go on a massive winning-streak and win a championship, but that won't happen while he's throwing the team under the bus (that he's driving).

So NJ was originally offering Lopez and 5 first rounders, as was reported by all the NYC sports radio stations in the fall. If we could somehow flip Lopez for a young gun like Curry, for instance, you wouldn't take Curry and the picks? Please, suckas!

So NJ was originally offering Lopez and 5 first rounders, as was reported by all the NYC sports radio stations in the fall. If we could somehow flip Lopez for a young gun like Curry, for instance, you wouldn't take Curry and the picks? Please, suckas!

Who would be stupid enough to take Lopez now? I mean, other than the Magic?