Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

my experiences have been quite different. if you're a laker or magic fan, you talk about what a traitor he was but if you're a fan of any other team, i've only ever heard of him being a waste of talent. jordan won 6 titles, had shaq stayed put, either in la or orlando for his entire career, he probably dismantles that record. the fact the man won his conference with three different teams is an astonishing feat, his size and skill set should have won him a lot more championships than it did and anybody i've ever talked to flat out agrees.

I'm with you. Ask people who the greatist Laker is as of today and who are they going to mention? I would bet that Shaq is behind Kobe, Magic, maybe even Kareem or Wilt.

I'm with you. Ask people who the greatist Laker is as of today and who are they going to mention? I would bet that Shaq is behind Kobe, Magic, maybe even Kareem or Wilt.

Not to mention "The Logo" Jerry West

When people talk about Shaq they talk about the many championships he won for LA and Miami, they don't talk about how he left Orlando. Only bitter people in Orlando can't get over it.

If Howard went to LA or Boston, people will forget how he fuc**d the Magic and will remember him for winning

championships there (If he does win anything)

Then, people in Orlando will talk more trash about Howard than they did about Shaq because of the arena etc..

I think Dwight is a little different than Shaq due to the fact Shaq left as a FA in the summer. He didn't demand to be traded and cast a black cloud over the season. Dwight should shut up and keep all this crap behind closed doors.

Im sure this will be deleted from his Face Book, but this is what I had to say:

You know Dwight, as an Orlando fan and Former United States Marine. There is no " I " in team, a small but great lesson I learned while serving my country. Its a shame that your blasting the man to your left and right of you every time you talk about playing somewhere else. Just remember that when everyone downed you, Orlando held you high. Orlando stood up for you when all you could do was Dunk and Rebound for the first 3yrs of your career. Dont forget where you came from, unfortunately it seems like you already have.

Signed,

Erik B - Leader of Marines

Good post. Glad you had the guts to tell him how it is. Even if he deletes it, I hope he reads it. I hope he doesn't have an agent screen his fb. He needs to read this. I don't understand how he is not happy at how his CURRENT team is doing. I say Orlando does a Denver and get people who want to play here RIGHT NOW. Ship him to NY Knicks and gut out that team. Let him waste away for a couple years under D'Antoni NO defense Knicks!

Can Amare still play? We should take Amare and Chandler ...

Dwight's latest comments are ridiculous. We were cruising in 2010 (4-0, 4-0 ... ) until Celtics stopped us. Last year, the team was basically gutted and according to some sources Gortat was shipped out because he wasn't getting along with Howard, and that Howard wanted Turk back. The team did the best it could at the time to try and pacify Dwight. The trades were supposedly approved by Dwight to bring in facilitators for him. Arenas was a gamble, and it was a failed gamble for the few months we had him.

My point: The Magic had done a great job to get Dwight the pieces he needed, and it got us to the Finals in 2009. 2010 could have been special, but that failure goes to lack of intensity on the players' part NOT the Orlando Magic organization.

Dwight is throwing his entire team under the bus, and that's not very Superman like. Put the team on your shoulders. If he leaves, he gives up. His legacy will suffer in the same vein of Lebron. Karma is a b1tch.

When someone says LA who are the players that the majority of people think of? When someone says Boston who are the players the majority of people think of? There are certain names that will forever be synonymous with those franchises.

When someone says LA people talk about Baylor, Chamberlain, West, Magic, Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe, Shaq and Brian Cook.

While KG and Ray Allen helped Boston win a tittle, I don't think they will be remembered much, but Paul Pierce will. Howard could still give the Celtics good 10 years and make history.

Howard cares about fame and he'd prolly rather be remembered as a very good Laker who won 3 rings and not as the greatest Orlando Magic player of all time who couldn't win anything else besides defensive player of the year.

I think Dwight is a little different than Shaq due to the fact Shaq left as a FA in the summer. He didn't demand to be traded and cast a black cloud over the season. Dwight should shut up and keep all this crap behind closed doors.

Agreed. I think what Dwight is doing now is worse than Shaq and worse than Lebron. I really have to wonder how his parents feel about this. If I was his dad, I think that I would have to sit down with him and ask "Why didn't you just keep your mouth shut and leave at the end of the season?" "Why are you putting your team mates through this agony?" And last but not least, "Why can't you make a free throw?"

Mods, can you just update the first page of this thread with all the new information regarding Dwight when it comes in so we don't have to look through all these pages of chit chat just to find when people posted new info.

I'm finally back. Great comments. Agree with most of them. There are certain things you just don't say publicly, as they make you look like a jerk ... an unappreciative, self-absorbed one at that. Sure you may get your point across but you lose in the big picture. And saying it to a rival's (Boston's) media? Ehhh. My how quickly Dwight has become similar to Lebron and Shaq. I hate to this because he is such a great talent, but I'm really starting to want to make a play for Griffin and Jordan.

Agreed. I think what Dwight is doing now is worse than Shaq and worse than Lebron. I really have to wonder how his parents feel about this. If I was his dad, I think that I would have to sit down with him and ask "Why didn't you just keep your mouth shut and leave at the end of the season?" "Why are you putting your team mates through this agony?" And last but not least, "Why can't you make a free throw?"

So you are saying you would rather a player leave a team with no warning at all and no ability to get anything back for him, instead of at least being warned and having the chance to go out and search for players slash picks to kick star the rebuilding process?

Or let's give examples. You would rather be the Toronto Raptors (who are pathetic ever since Bosh left) than the Nuggets (one of the better teams in the west after Melo asked for a trade and they granted it).

I hope you understand the stupidity of your statement.

So you are saying you would rather a player leave a team with no warning at all and no ability to get anything back for him, instead of at least being warned and having the chance to go out and search for players slash picks to kick star the rebuilding process?

Or let's give examples. You would rather be the Toronto

Raptors (who are pathetic ever since Bosh left) than the Nuggets (one of the better teams in the west after Melo asked for a trade and they granted it).

I hope you understand the stupidity of your statement.

I'm pretty sure he means in public. If you want to leave fine tell the FO and GM your intentions. Do you need to talk about your desire any time your interviewed?