Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Stat and Chandler Imo. We have the front court depth to make up for Stat missing a gm here and there plus he is the best scoring big and Chandler would pickup where D12 left off with SVG scheme

Shoot.... "Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

So in that case...

-1 Manually.

• Downvote 1

Before I go any further, I want to make clear that I want Dwight to stay, but in the case we deal him...

Strictly from what we're getting player wise, I'd totally go for Amar'e and Chandler for Dwight. As somebody pointed out not too long ago, for the last several seasons Amar'e has been plenty healthy (at least far healthier than Bynum). Also, I don't buy the notion that Amar'e is declining. As I recall, before the arrival of Carmelo, Amar'e was doing great things and getting in on the MVP discussions. Once Melo arrived it kind of screwed everything up and the Knicks had no depth, but get Amar'e back into a situation where he's the clear go to guy with some solid role players around him, and I think he'd be great.

Also, yes Chandler blows on offense, but the guy is intense and can play some defense, both quality assets for any team to have.

I think a line up that included Amar'e and Chandler would make for a much better team than anything else we've been offered, including Bynum and Gasol (if the combo of them has even been offered).

That being said, I don't know that trading with NY would make us contenders, and it would probably handcuff us financially in the future, but if the reports are true about the Magic not wanting to rebuild, and wanting to stay competitive, I think this trade scenario is by far the best offer on the table.

Before I go any further, I want to make clear that I want Dwight to stay, but in the case we deal him...

Strictly from what we're getting player wise, I'd totally go for Amar'e and Chandler for Dwight. As somebody pointed out not too long ago, for the last several seasons Amar'e has been plenty healthy (at least far healthier than Bynum). Also, I don't buy the notion that Amar'e is declining. As I recall, before the arrival of Carmelo, Amar'e was doing great things and getting in on the MVP discussions. Once Melo arrived it kind of screwed everything up and the Knicks had no depth, but get Amar'e back into a situation where he's the clear go to guy with some solid role players around him, and I think he'd be great.

Also, yes Chandler blows on offense, but the guy is intense and can play some defense, both quality assets for any team to have.

I think a line up that included Amar'e and Chandler would make for a much better team than anything else we've been offered, including Bynum and Gasol (if the combo of them has even been offered).

That being said, I don't know that trading with NY would make us contenders, and it would probably handcuff us financially in the future, but if the reports are true about the Magic not wanting to rebuild, and wanting to stay competitive, I think this trade scenario is by far the best offer on the table.

Im not sold on both player fitting our system when they play at the same time.... They both need room to work the paint.

I really hope he comes to his senses and stays. If he wants to team up with Deron Williams, talk him into coming to Orlando next year. Kinda like when it looked like Wade would be a goner from Miami, then next thing you know he recruits Bosh and Lebron to come to him. I think Dwight should do the same. We're really just a PG away from being serious contenders.

• Upvote 1

Tyson Chandler was a backup on an 8th seeded Bobcats team 2 years ago.

Why am I the only one who remembers this?

He was also shipped out of Chicago because he was no better than Eddy Curry.... which isnt saying much.

Im not sold on both player fitting our system when they play at the same time.... They both need room to work the paint.

- Chandler doesn't shoot the ball

- Amare doesn't play in the paint, he likes to hover 5 feet around the 3 point line and take 3 point shots or 18-20 foot jumpers.

- Chandler doesn't shoot the ball

- Amare doesn't play in the paint, he likes to stay 5 feet inside the 3 point line and take 18 foot jumpers.

Correct Chandler doesnt shoot the ball...... No inside out game, we lose are system that has got us to the finals...

Amare doesnt play in the paint.... Correct, which is why his stats are suffering, when Phoenix used him as an under sized center, the Nash/Amare pick and roll worked to perfection, it got them deep into the playoffs....

So both together is just a horrible situation for the Magic.... Besides, Amare went to NY because of the "Bigger Market".... We have already been through this enough times.... let Amare have his market and all that comes with it.

I really hope he comes to his senses and stays. If he wants to team up with Deron Williams, talk him into coming to Orlando next year. Kinda like when it looked like Wade would be a goner from Miami, then next thing you know he recruits Bosh and Lebron to come to him. I think Dwight should do the same. We're really just a PG away from being serious contenders.

Deron doesn't want to come, wants to play for a big market team

That's funny since he said in an interview a while ago that a big market didn't matter much.

I showed that article to dwight and he said deron was 'just talking'. Either way he made it sound like he'd been trying to recruit Deron to Orlando for a long time