Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Looks like we're going to gamble on Dwight in free agency after all. This is a great move by Otis. I don't want ****ty pieces like Lopez or Bynum and be an 8th seed for years to come. If he leaves, fine. We'll rebuild from the draft. If he stays, OK. Contracts are coming off the books and we might snatch a 2nd star for Anderson/Redick/etc.

Looks like we're going to gamble on Dwight in free agency after all. This is a great move by Otis. I don't want ****ty pieces like Lopez or Bynum and be an 8th seed for years to come. If he leaves, fine. We'll rebuild from the draft. If he stays, OK. Contracts are coming off the books and we might snatch a 2nd star for Anderson/Redick/etc.

I'm not so sure that we should we deal Anderson. He wouldn't be nearly as effective in another system and without Dwight.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/21/12/After-beating-LA-Magic-may-call-Howards-/landing_magic.html?blockID=650254&feedID=3681

This might be the first time I've read that the front office is considering letting this situation play out in free agency instead of trading him away.

Nice article...you had a hand in that one!

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/21/12/After-beating-LA-Magic-may-call-Howards-/landing_magic.html?blockID=650254&feedID=3681

This might be the first time I've read that the front office is considering letting this situation play out in free agency instead of trading him away.

You know... I'm all for just letting it ride. I think it's actually smarter because if Howard leaves, you blow up the team and rebuild through the draft or through cutting cap space and saving up for later. That's the only way you can recover from a superstar leaving your team. The Magic did it with Shaq, they did it again with T-Mac. You can do it again after Dwight. Hell look at the Cavaliers. They are already, only two years after losing one of the most talented players to ever play the game, fielding a competitive team of young guns that actually right now would be in the playoffs if it started today.

The one thing I would say is this. Someone, shut, Otis, the *****, up. Seriously? Saying something like that? Putting it in that kind of tone and words? Show some freaking professionalism.

I don't like what Otis is saying. I don't like Howard wants out but Otis is clearly in over his head and now hes just talking out of left field saying stuff that he shouldn't.

The organization you WORK for is probably going to lose its 2nd star franchise big man, THE BEST BIG RIGHT NOW, and after losing the first due to stupid contract talk you go on about your 2nd would be getting a "haircut" if he goes elsewhere...Otis...How about you just stick to the company line like "We love Dwight and want to keep him here" and do YOUR damn job and improve this ball team. A regular season record means SQUAT. Once the 3's stop going in and Dwight is getting doubled and tripled, what else do you got?

If Howard does in fact go elsewhere no matter when it is, not only do I think Magic fans will be ticked at Howard but will just if not more ticked off at Otis.

• Upvote 1

haha it's *****ing bull**** Dwight is asking for a trade, but is trying to screw us from getting what we want in return. dick move Dwight.

you can't demand a trade, and then tell teams they cant give us what we want. douchebag

I know. If he wants to go to NJ to "win" then he should have just shut his mouth and walk there in the offseason. Now if he wants to go to Jersey I want EVERYTHING they have. Lopez, Brooks, First, Hump, etc.

I know this shouldn't be what I care about most, but my main objective in all of this would be to put Dwight in the ****tiest situation possible when he leaves. I bet Denver fans love seeing NY and Melo flail. Grass isn't always greener *****.

• Upvote 2

I like what otis is saying, it's the truth. someone needs to say it rather than some random editorial piece nobody cares about. everyones head is so far up dwights ass and i'm sure he gets handled with white gloves all the time, but then you want to go ahead and start saying things to the media to try to put the screws to our team to force his will, I'm glad to see someone put the screws to him a little about all this at a level that's not some random troll on twitter calling him shaq jr.

if he leaves or stays at this point who really cares. respect to otis for sticking up for our guys that our captain was literally dismissing. if anyone is talking reckless its dwight with this "we need better guys" and "i just want to win" and then asking for NEW JERSEY...i'm sure all our guys feel a little like jameer, just probably cuts jameer the deepest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1