Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I think the best option for our franchise moving forward, is to trade Dwight at the deadline, honestly Bynum is not a big step down, the only issue is, he cannot play the minutes Dwight does, so we HAVE to get a backup center to.

Trading Gortat was *****ing stupid. We would have SO much more leverage right now. and we could be shopping dwight for wing players instead

I think the best option for our franchise moving forward, is to trade Dwight at the deadline, honestly Bynum is not a big step down, the only issue is, he cannot play the minutes Dwight does, so we HAVE to get a backup center to.

Trading Gortat was *****ing stupid. We would have SO much more leverage right now. and we could be shopping dwight for wing players instead

an injured player is no good. idk too much about bynum's injuries, have they been seriously related? if he plays 70+ games a season is in solid shape come playoff time then you're absolutely right, he isn't that drastic a drop off. we'd downgrade our center but probably have better 4 and wing production after 2013 when we sign somebody worthwhile and ryan continues to improve.

not even just that, we could shopping gortat for just about anyone seemingly available. young, productive and fairly paid centers are worth a king's ransom in the league. gortat+redick+1st+salary cap filler probably gets us ellis or gordon or harden. i still don't believe for one second that otis didn't want to pay a young turk a certain salary and then traded for an older turk who's play had dropped off considerably and was still owed that certain salary. without any links or evidence i'm convinced that dwight was pulling the strings and it disgusts me how star driven this sport has become. it's fundamentally inferior to the nfl for that reason and will always be a distant second imo

I gotta disagree.

Effectively what we did was trade Gortat for Hedo,

(along with trading a kinda-expiring SG for an expiring SG that balled BIGTIME at the time, and MP for Clark to make it work)

which is something that I am conviced Dwight wanted. Hedo back, Gortat out.

One should be fair and look back at the forums, to see what kind of **** was Gortat getting for his level of play (especially in the few games that he started).

The Arenas move also made some sense, especially as we're all now whooting with the kind of PG play we're getting.

Shard was untradable and a well-beaten dead horse by everybody, the gamble with Hibachi was worth it.

We weren't getting any rings with Shard, and asking from Otis to be GMing in 2010 with a view of Dwight asking to be traded in 2012 is quite hypocritical.

I'm not too eager to jump on the "poor Dwight, die Otis" wagon, regardless of personal fondnesses.

I'm becoming more content with Dwight leaving via Free Agency after seeing some of the prospects in the 2013 draft. Shabazz Muhammad in particular.

Whatever happens, I hope the Magic don't try to stop gap (I know they will) and actually rebuild the right way. There are too many promising prospects coming through the draft in the next year or two to ignore the possibilities available to them.

I'm becoming more content with Dwight leaving via Free Agency after seeing some of the prospects in the 2013 draft. Shabazz Muhammad in particular.

Whatever happens, I hope the Magic don't try to stop gap (I know they will) and actually rebuild the right way. There are too many promising prospects coming through the draft in the next year or two to ignore the possibilities available to them.

wouldn't that be something? if we hit the freaking lottery AGAIN. i know nothing of shazz muhammad besides his rival ranking and size but with a name like that, he's probably going to make a huge impact.

with no Hedo we're pretty much going stale on ball movement tonight. Should be finally unveil the secret point-center offense?

You predicted well!

You predicted well!

What? Do you just say stupid things to annoy people?

Our ball movement was fine for the entire game. We shot below 40%. All the ball movement in the world means nothing if no one makes anything.

• Upvote 1

What? Do you just say stupid things to annoy people?

Our ball movement was fine for the entire game. We shot below 40%. All the ball movement in the world means nothing if no one makes anything.

Agreed....

People can Bi--- and Complain all they want, last nights "3rd" game in a row came down to easy shots not falling in and mental fatigue finally catching up. The Magic hit the hole plenty of times, with the ball "rimming out". The last second JJ shot was all mental, JJ has shot the ball several times before with some one in his face, he just had a brain freeze.

I was happy to see Dwight beasting it towards the end, but even he missed some easy shots and free throws. It was a tough game for both teams.

Relax.

wouldn't that be something? if we hit the freaking lottery AGAIN. i know nothing of shazz muhammad besides his rival ranking and size but with a name like that, he's probably going to make a huge impact.

The kid is a killer. He goes to school out here in vegas. Hoping he goes to UNLV for his one year of college although I doubt it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120120,0,4309360.story

The trade deadline isn't until March 15, but for now there's no momentum on a deal between the Lakers and Magic.

However, one person in the Lakers' organization has been talking to Howard.

Kobe Bryant has had at least one in-depth phone conversation with Howard recently, even discussing how Howard might fit in with the Lakers' scheme.

One person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling as if he wouldn't be the Lakers' top option, for obvious reasons. It's Bryant's team.

Bynum, 24, keeps playing well despite another season of trade speculation. Over the years, he has been rumored to be dealt for Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett and Carmelo Anthony.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's great to see Kobe selling his teammate Bynum down the river, and Dwight still with one foot out the door.