Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Id start partying if we won 4 out of the 4 and can be achieved really easily if Carmelo is out on Monday, spurs suck, Guard Kobe well on Friday, and for Boston idk

Playing the quick ball seemed to work for the Bulls, they never allowed the Celtics to get into a rythem.. Add to that keep clear of Rondo's latest addition to his game of flopping, maybe get Davis to guard him as he seemed to learn well.

They didn't beat OKC

My point is that the Spurs have probably played a stronger schedule than us. We're 8-3, while playing only 3 teams with winning records. San Antonio is 8-4 against 5 teams with winning records (not to mention, they don't have Manu Ginobili).

To say that they suck and "we have a shot to win a title" is absurd.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Something I don't understand about the "nightlife" thing.

With all the money Dwight makes he can buy a place to live in the off season anywhere he wants. During the season you are on the road 50% of the time and when you are home you practice and have games so you don't (or shouldn't) want to be out partying anyway.

I have a feeling that the Russian billionaire made an under the table offer to Dwight like:

1 I'll give you 100 million as a gift

2 I'll give you 1/3 of Russia

3 I'll by you your own sneaker company

4 I'll buy you Brooklyn

Something... I don't know what, but going to a team in the shape the Nets are in is starting all over and makes no sense.

Something I don't understand about the "nightlife" thing.

With all the money Dwight makes he can buy a place to live in the off season anywhere he wants. During the season you are on the road 50% of the time and when you are home you practice and have games so you don't (or shouldn't) want to be out partying anyway.

I have a feeling that the Russian billionaire made an under the table offer to Dwight like:

1 I'll give you 100 million as a gift

2 I'll give you 1/3 of Russia

3 I'll by you your own sneaker company

4 I'll buy you Brooklyn

Something... I don't know what, but going to a team in the shape the Nets are in is starting all over and makes no sense.

:-)

:-)

YaBoyRich,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but...

Is it 110% likely D12 is gone one way or another?

Dwight had mentioned if the organization changes its culture, etc. etc. that "you've got me". At what point does he reassess the situation to see if enough changes have been made to his liking, or was that all just BS to ease the sting of the trade request?

Also regarding the changes, what is the minimum that has to happen for him to consider staying? SVG gone? Championship or bust? Trading for certain player(s)? Some combination?

I am just trying to fully understand the situation, and if there is still a small chance of hope that he stays, what exactly are we hoping for to happen to change his mind?

The Warriors are trying to acquire Dwight Howard, but Howard won't go anywhere unless it's the Lakers, Dallas or the Nets. Still, Golden State is trying. During a timeout in the Warriors' game against Orlando the other night, Mark Jackson told the Magic's big man he'd look good in a Golden State uniform. That was during Howard's 45-point, 23-rebound night, when he shot an NBA-record 39 free fouls as Jackson used a Hack-a-Howard strategy at the end of quarters.

Oh Mark Jackson........... :svgsad:

YaBoyRich,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but...

Is it 110% likely D12 is gone one way or another?

Dwight had mentioned if the organization changes its culture, etc. etc. that "you've got me". At what point does he reassess the situation to see if enough changes have been made to his liking, or was that all just BS to ease the sting of the trade request?

Also regarding the changes, what is the minimum that has to happen for him to consider staying? SVG gone? Championship or bust? Trading for certain player(s)? Some combination?

I am just trying to fully understand the situation, and if there is still a small chance of hope that he stays, what exactly are we hoping for to happen to change his mind?

No I mean there's still a chance he considers staying, id put it at less than 50% chance though. A championship helps but its about more than that. I mean I could see a scenario where he'd win a title here then say "ok, I brought you guys a championship now I'm gone". The organization is the problem. He loves the winning, he loves that this team is competing but unfortunately the 2 biggest issues he has is his voice wth this organization and unfortunately for orlando the 'small market-big market' thing