Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Our defense is Dwight anchoring a team of sub par to average defenders. If we had another elite defensive presence on this team, we could be absolutely nasty on the defensive end.

This! I've said it several times that I'd rather part with JJ than Ryan just because of how well Ryan's been playing, but I'd trade Ryan if it got us JSmith.

In all the excitement let's keep in mind: CLee gave his word that Dwight will not continue with the Magic.

Urine, tear and saliva samples for evidence please.

Anyone got links for some good NJ meltdowns?

Enjoy...

we're a joke. No way any superstar is coming here. Haven't you learned from the past 3 years?

What do you expect, really? we basically set ourselves for disappointment, this is what we have planned for, of course there's is going to be a hyperbole **** storm.

But seriously, we must trade Deron now, i will be so pissed if we pull a cavaliers and get nothing in return.

Why would he want to go through all of this for another 16 months?

Either re-sign fully in Orlando or leave.

Dwight is just an attention whore and loves the spotlight...

Whatever, **** the magic and their fans, i hope they keep choking in the playoffs, i hate the Heat, but would love nothing more than see them absolutely demolish the Magic in the playoffs.

Great, quite another few years of futility.

Good bye Deron, it was nice to have a top 3 pg playing for the Nets again, even if only for a one and a half year rental.

I will say this though, i really don't like Dwight, never liked his fake persona

Trade Deron immediately, i'm being 100% serious, there is no way in hell he opts in if Dwight stays put in Orlando.

I'm tempted to say trade Deron to the Heat for Norris Cole, Mike Miller, and Chalmers just so we make sure Dwight and Deron will never team up on another team. Seriously, screw Dwight Howard.

Trade Deron for expirings, future picks and Dominique Jones, Roddy Beaubois, Brandan Wright to Dallas!

The same reason why I didn't get super-excited when we signed D-Will is the same reason why I'm not super-bummed out now. We're the Nets....what do you expect?

What would be funny though is if the report was made up in order to rush other teams into offering more more players for him.

It would just seem really strange that he would go through almost two seasons of not opting in to then just opt-in for another year of this.

In all the excitement let's keep in mind: CLee gave his word that Dwight will not continue with the Magic without him.

I think that's how the rest of the message went.

Alex Kennedy:

"Keep in mind, this doesn't guarantee that Dwight Howard stays in Orlando long-term. It means he'll be a free agent in 2013, with Chris Paul."

:o

No duh, but waiting until 2013 puts the Magic in way better position to actually make changes. Jameer, JJ and Duhon are all expiring deals. They really need to push that J-Rich for Beasely deal through since he also expires next season.