Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

With Rubio now out for the season the T-Wolves may be looking to acquire another ball-hander to help them make some noise in the playoffs, Turkoglu could be that player. They have also been looking for an answer at SG all season and we can give them that by giving them JRich. Do you think a deal like this could work?

Trade

Milwaukee get the scorer they have been looking for in Beasley-a player that Minny have been trying to offload- without breaking up the core of either team. We get rid of some bad contracts and get one of Dwight's buddies in SJax aswell as upgrading the back-up PG spot and getting a nice trade chip in Randolph that we can use in another deal (i.e. to acquire J.Smith or Ellis). Also Minny gets some veteran leadership to add to their young squad, someone who can make plays for them in the playoffs and an upgrade at the SG spot which is a position they have been trying to fill.

In a follow-up trade we could then do something like:

Trade

where Q-Rich is swaped with A.Randolph

In the deal we get 2 players that the Hawks have been trying to get rid off, TMac (is unhappy with his role) and Hinrich (underperfoming), as well as another of Dwights buddies who would actually improve the team greatly in J Smith. Would would also probably have to include a trade exception and/or a future 1st but if would be worth if if we would be allowed to keep Anderson.

So our team would then look something like this:

Hinrich/Udrih/McGrady/ISmith

McGrady/Wafer/SJax/Udrih/Liggins

SJax/QRich/McGrady/JSmith/Liggins

JSmith/Anderson/Davis/Harper

Howard/Davis/Orton

That becomes a reasonably solid rotation of 10 players with arguably the best front court in the league.

With Rubio now out for the season the T-Wolves may be looking to acquire another ball-hander to help them make some noise in the playoffs, Turkoglu could be that player. They have also been looking for an answer at SG all season and we can give them that by giving them JRich. Do you think a deal like this could work?

Trade

Milwaukee get the scorer they have been looking for in Beasley-a player that Minny have been trying to offload- without breaking up the core of either team. We get rid of some bad contracts and get one of Dwight's buddies in SJax aswell as upgrading the back-up PG spot and getting a nice trade chip in Randolph that we can use in another deal (i.e. to acquire J.Smith or Ellis). Also Minny gets some veteran leadership to add to their young squad, someone who can make plays for them in the playoffs and an upgrade at the SG spot which is a position they have been trying to fill.

Brilliant. Will they buy it?

Howard's going to be in the league regardless, if you don't have a chance of signing him, why not help keep him on a team that hasn't been able to win with him so far? I'd rather see him on Orlando than teaming up with one of the top PG's in D. Will if I'm not getting him.

True, but when you think about how Dwight isn't going to stay if we trade for scrubs, we would be bringing in better talent to put around him. If that happens, who's to say Dwight doesn't win with what we get? If I were any other team in the league, I'm trying to get Orlando to trade Howard to the Bobcats or something. He's more harmful to the league here than there.

You guys' favorite source is back:

MagicalNBA ‏ @MagicalNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Lots of chatter tonight..but no details as of yet. I can post what I suspect, but i don't want to fire ppl up. Nothing's solid now

@R2theickie I suspect the magic are in 3 way trade talks attempting to get josh smith and maybe Nash as well.

I also am suspect that we have the pieces to pull this off without a 3rd team

i don't think many teams that have no chance of getting howard would care if it helps us keep him or not unless they're the handful of teams that think they have a shot at keeping him. despite how it seems like there's a media consipiracy to force dwight to NJ. most teams probably don't give a crap if we're offering up a trade that they think will be beneficial to them. It's not gonna be like oh, i like this trade, i have no chance of getting howard, but if i do this it helps you keep howard, and i want him to go to team X, unless it's jerry west or something

I actually can see Otis making the trade for Nash and smoove. Unfortunately I can see him also using Dwight and our first rounder to get Nash and smoove. No way he pulls it off with Howard still on the club unless smith says I will only be traded to Orlando and Phoenix feels horrible about bending Otis over spoo bad last year and just wants to make up for the Thad deed.

• Downvote 2

I have a feeling that Otis is just a scout for trades and that Alex will have the final say on anything that happens. Alex seems pretty intelligent and it's obvious enough that Otis's last trades didn't go well for us. .. thank GOD the FO stopped the NJ deal that Otis would have signed off on.

Did someone really just post that with Ricky Rubio out the Wolves might want Jrich's awful contract?

two DIFFERENT players my man.....holy crap you read some dumb stuff on this forum

Did someone really just post that with Ricky Rubio out the Wolves might want Jrich's awful contract?

two DIFFERENT players my man.....holy crap you read some dumb stuff on this forum

RocBoyz umad that we getting Monta Ellis soon

• Upvote 3

If this YBR guy (who seems nice) is wrong and nothing goes down... I'm never going to TBN again, nor will I ever refer or listen to their "inside sources". Sound like a deal guys?

Lmao At RealGM people such retards

well, it's on your shoulders YBR. If you're wrong, we're going to be losing some RealGMers. What a MESS you've made.

• Upvote 2

Lmao At RealGM people such retards

Wouldn't it be his fault for believing an anonymous person on the internet with no evidence for his claims?