Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Otis is gone by the end of the season; it will be after the deadline and probably after black tie and tennies. the twist is, however, is that he will "retire" rather than be fired. i would not be surprised if alex martins and his analytics team is heavily involved after that.

Sounds interesting... Will Otis' parting gift be a Dwight trade?

i don't know who random new poster is, but that'd be interesting if we just keep otis around answering phones and being a puppet, but part of keeping dwight is alex tells dwight that otis is gone after the trade deadline. and maybe sells dwight that we're heading in a new direction and dwight is the gm. yay! and otis retires.

it's also interesting considering abrupt BVW resignation, i wonder what the real story of that is.

I don't think saying Otis will be fired or will resign is any big news. Martins is communicating with Dwight directly. That is my one big comfort. It seems like Martins has the desire to run a legitimate NBA front office. Couple that with DeVos willing to spend and this team should bounce back sooner rather than later once Dwight is gone.

Also I only want Ellis or other long term money if Dwight opts in. If not let him walk or trade him to the Nets for a hoard of picks with Duhon and Turk. I know DeVos won't go for it but that is my slim hope I suppose.

Alex Martins is a really cool guy. I have talked to him a few times just running into him at Starbucks and also overheard him talking business. He's very likable, excellent businessman and loves this city. If he can rid us of Otis and move on to improving the front office, we have a shot at salvaging this whole situation.

Everybody is saying we should ship Turk & Duhon if we are really gonna trade Dwight, but isn't Q's contract worst than Duhon's?

But unlike Duhon Q actually brings something to the team. Duhon has negative impact, and the only reason why Duhon's contract is bad is because of the fact that he is easily the worst backup in the league and should be paying the NBA to be allowed to play in this league.

• Upvote 2

Everybody is saying we should ship Turk & Duhon if we are really gonna trade Dwight, but isn't Q's contract worst than Duhon's?

Q and Duhon don't make that much; If we wanted to we could ship them out.

Duhon makes 3.46 Mill this year 3.68 next and 3.92 the year after that

Q makes 2.45 Mill this year 2.63 next and a player option where he'd make 2.8 the year after..

In my opinion our worst contracts are Turk (obviously), Davis, and Duhon in terms of what they bring to the team..

q makes almost rookie money, and he has a trade kicker in his contract. for what he brings, if dwights going it won't really hurt us to keep him.

duhon makes 1.5MM more than Q and should go with dwight just becasue he hurts whatever team he's on.

Just 8 more days, and we're a) stark raving mad over the worst trade in all of sports history... EVER b ) facepalming over no trades on our front but still faithful that everything is going to be fine, regarding the Dwight situation c) facepalming over lame trades that hardly improve the team or convince Dwight to opt in or stay here long-term d) satisfied with a trade that included Dwight e) shocked how much we got in exchange for Dwight, excited for the future f) feeling empty, might as well just eat newspapers and read cereals.

I have faith in Alex Martins, to be honest.