Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

It annoys me to see what Dwight says after games this year. Why can't he just be happy for Jrichs' amazing night and take the win. A win is a win, but it seems Dwight is only after his own self gain. It's just sickening! Such a shame since he has alot of talent with some flaws of course but alot of talent to overcome those flaws. He can easily pull a 20/20 points rebound game. But it really sickens me when he says crap like this and we see his true colors, which are not Blue and White (Magic colors duh).

No coach would allow Dwight the ball in a last possesion play to win the game. Every team knows to foul him immediately as soon as he touches the ball. Dwight will never be a 4th quarter asset as long he continues his ever declining free throw percentage, no matter what team or coach he's playing for. Get real Dwight. Your a piece of **** on the bottom of our shoes, time to wash off the dirt!

you're missing the context of his quote.

We were up 78-68 with 5 minutes to go. But in less than 2 minutes we squandered that lead then found ourselves down 78-88. Then Jrich came back and won it for us. But I think he's making a good point; had we fed dwight the ball when we were up, we could have put them away for good. He's shooting 55% for the year and he's going to get a high percentage look; Even if he gets fouled and makes half his free throws, that's still 1 pt per possession which is just slightly less than the league average.

I think that's what Dwight was referring to.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you don't get anywhere close to equal value for Dwight, then you don't trade him. It's that simple.

Why people feel compelled to trade him for the sake of getting just something back boggles my mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We were up 78-68 with 5 minutes to go. But in less than 2 minutes we squandered that lead then found ourselves down 78-88. Then Jrich came back and won it for us. But I think he's making a good point; had we fed dwight the ball when we were up, we could have put them away for good. He's shooting 55% for the year and he's going to get a high percentage look; Even if he gets fouled and makes half his free throws, that's still 1 pt per possession which is just slightly less than the league average.

THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY MENTIONED THIS. For petes sake, the last 3 pages of this thread made me want to bash my head in.

If you don't get anywhere close to equal value for Dwight, then you don't trade him. It's that simple.

Why people feel compelled to trade him for the sake of getting just something back boggles my mind.

I'm personally just fine with letting him walk. First of all I'd rather blow up the team and have a bad year and get some great pieces in the draft.

And I'll admit I feel the slightest bit petty that if Dwight leaves in free agency he's having to drop 30 mill to do it. Make him feel it.

I'm personally just fine with letting him walk. First of all I'd rather blow up the team and have a bad year and get some great pieces in the draft.

And I'll admit I feel the slightest bit petty that if Dwight leaves in free agency he's having to drop 30 mill to do it. Make him feel it.

The only real upside to trading Dwight is possibly getting rid of Turk.

You huge jerk. Somebody ban this guy

Can we ban people for low IQ then....?

Look you have to understand their are some serious Magic fans who have great ideas and thoughts. They break down the needs and wants, which is usually followed up with facts, stats, and record tracks.

These fans want to see this franchise succeed beyond what it has, they have been here for the most part since the beginning, through Skiles, through Shaq, through Webber.. I mean Hardaway, through Grant, etc....

They don't like losing top players by way of injury, free agency, and trades. If it happens they expect a solid deal in return... Or as close to a solid deal as possible.

When "new" fans come here and start throwing out ideas without any type of facts, stats or record tracks, but because ESPN trade machine said it will work and give us a + 3-5 wins. It's funny at first, but then quickly gets annoying because guests who come here think that these insane ideas or of the majority... Which is sadly wrong.

So these same serious fans try and help those crooked ideas only to get snubbed by the new comer, or receive a thread dedicated to them because the newcomer just can't handle criticism.

These threads had great posts, however these days those great posts get over runner by crooked ideas from new comers who don't seem to grasp the game or the team and what we do.

At the end of the day, these serious fans have a very invested interest in keeping this forum as good as it can get, with real posts with real facts. And not some idea someone came up with after reading the bleacher report.

Now for those who get their feelings hurt, they should do their best to get better at protecting your idea with real facts. And if you can't , then maybe you should call it what it is and chalk it up as a loss.

I have had many good arguements with many of these serious Magic fans, and I have won and lost. But I approach each one with an open mind and by doing so it has made me better. Better at looking at things from both sides and better at protecting my idea with facts.

It's not personal by no means, it just gets old when someone thinks that trade examples like Howard for Chadler or Howard for Haywood is a good idea. Your just killing your reputation from a good Magic forum member to one that will continuously get hammered and laughed at.

• Upvote 2

Cool. Then Dwight should have that conversation with SVG and his teammates in the locker room and quit constantly running his goddamn mouth to the media. Its ridiculous and indefensable, regardless of the context.

• Upvote 2

That trade really sucks dude

for dwight...yes, nothing is going to match up to him except Lebron, but this is really not a bad trade if you HAVE to trade him...i do think this is significantly better than the Nets offer though