Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I'm sorry, but at what point did Andrew Bynum become a better offensive player than Dwight? What's his career high, like 14pts per? I know he plays with some other good scorers but come on, that's a double edged sword. He sees no double teams. Dwight went for 22 per last season. I know their minutes are very different, but when did we start ignoring what Dwight did last year. The guy was absolutely dominant. If anyone could have hit a jumper against Atlanta, Orlando would have won that in a sweep. Is there another player in the league that no one player can keep from putting up 30 points at will. I'm pretty sure if you couldn't double him he'd put up 27 to 30 a night, like Shaq used to.

Bynum might be a twenty point a game guy if he were "the man", but I not at the same %, and I think the pounding he would take from all those doubles would pretty much kill his fragile fat ass.

Seriously, what are the "analysts" thinking? Did some bad shrooms make the broadcaster rounds?

If the GSW want Dwight ill do it right now for Curry, Lee, Biedrins and two firsts. I wanted to keep Dwight just as much as everyone but that was b4 I became disgusted by the he is handling himself.

• Downvote 2

I'm sorry, but at what point did Andrew Bynum become a better offensive player than Dwight? What's his career high, like 14pts per? I know he plays with some other good scorers but come on, that's a double edged sword. He sees no double teams. Dwight went for 22 per last season. I know their minutes are very different, but when did we start ignoring what Dwight did last year. The guy was absolutely dominant. If anyone could have hit a jumper against Atlanta, Orlando would have won that in a sweep. Is there another player in the league that no one player can keep from putting up 30 points at will. I'm pretty sure if you couldn't double him he'd put up 27 to 30 a night, like Shaq used to.

Bynum might be a twenty point a game guy if he were "the man", but I not at the same %, and I think the pounding he would take from all those doubles would pretty much kill his fragile fat ass.

Seriously, what are the "analysts" thinking? Did some bad shrooms make the broadcaster rounds?

You can make arguments either way:

Being 1st option means you get more touches than anyone else on your team. Being 3rd option means you get less touches but you have better options to make your touches easier.

Whatever I dont care anymore. Just so sick of watching HackaDwight. No teams are going to HackaBynum.

Tim Legler on ESPN tonight said he thinks Lakers now are more inclined to go ahead with keeping Bynum as their All-Star center, and are just shifting most if not all of their focus on acquiring an upgrade in PG as their top priority.

He says doesn't know where Dwight will end up, but still believes he will be traded before the trade deadline.

Tim Legler on ESPN tonight said he thinks Lakers now are more inclined to go ahead with keeping Bynum as their All-Star center, and are just shifting most if not all of their focus on acquiring an upgrade in PG as their top priority.

He says doesn't know where Dwight will end up, but still believes he will be traded before the trade deadline.

Legler doesn't have sources, he's speculating

So Dwight is whipped by his gf? I can't wait for his "party" where he gives us all the finger once more w/a smile on his face.

I also love how we're 8-3 and playing well and yet he's so intent on leaving and only cares about "winning" Orlando won it's last 2 games b/c his teammates stepped up, prior to W's game

Was watching the 9 am Sportscenter and Ric Bucher was talking about Kobe's motivation in recent games, saying it stemmed from text conversations with Dwight. Apparently, Kobe was trying to recruit him and Dwight questioned now much he had left. So his two 40 pt games were a response. Anyone else see the segment? I tend to think Bucher was talking out of his a$$, much like everyone else at TMZSPN (make up news if none exists).

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7454058&categoryid=5595394

James (Mobile)

what do you make of ric buchers theory on sportscenter that kobe is playing this good to prove to dwight thats hes still got it?

John Hollinger (1:00 PM)

I saw that. Personally, I think the "he's really good when his knee is working" theory probably has more credence. All he's proving to Dwight right now is that he'll never get the ball.

• Upvote 1

Dwight and his free throw coach Ed Palubinskas (Mark Price is team shooting coach). During all the practice footage we've seen during the offseason and training camp, Dwight seemed to be shooting FTs with a much more consistent form and speed. Now during the season, he's taking a lot of time at the line (seemed close to the 10 sec. penalty last night) and his form much more similar to last year's. Anyone know if Ed Palubinskas has traveled with him during the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_cg08SXrQ0

James (Mobile)

what do you make of ric buchers theory on sportscenter that kobe is playing this good to prove to dwight thats hes still got it?

John Hollinger (1:00 PM)

I saw that. Personally, I think the "he's really good when his knee is working" theory probably has more credence. All he's proving to Dwight right now is that he'll never get the ball.

Agreed. Perhaps the performance vs. Golden State was Dwight's retort to Kobe's response. I bet if they are texting back and forth, Kobe hit him up with a "Better work on those free throws Big Fella". <_<

Magic are 2nd in the East right now and tied for 3rd/4th overall including both conferences.

I know it's still early in the season so it's really not a big deal, but as far as playoff positioning we're off to a great start.

It boggles my mind that we're in this position right now and it's still likely that Dwight wants to be traded.

With the Lakers winning, I don't see them messing up team chemistry in the middle of a short season. Afterall Kobe isn't getting any younger.

The Nets deal is just not appealing to the Magic, at least from my perspective.

So what does that leave Dallas? The defending champs? I don't see them offering an appealing package to us either, thats like Otis Smith blowing up the team after going to the Finals. Also like finishing a video game and starting all over on level 1 LOL

I don't know if you guys agree or not, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Completely at a loss right now. Like I said before it's going to be a sad day if and when Dwight is gone. Like getting a divorce and you don't understand why lol