Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

They made it happen because they planned it out years in advance and Wade gave Riley the notice/time he needed to get the job done. There's a big difference between "here's a list of players I want to play with" and "when my contract expires, Bosh, James and I all want to play together on the same team, so make sure you can make that happen".

Maybe that is true that Wade told Riley of that years ahead of time, but he had no facts that both Bosh and Lebron would come together until that summer, since Lebron never made it known that he was really wanting to leave.

Unlike now, we have CP3 practically waving his arms saying "come get me!" and we haven't even seen the hint of an offer. An offer turned down is better than an offer never made. At least the effort is made and known. Dwight could never say management didn't try.

Maybe Otis was the guy who stood against the wall at a dance and waited for the girls to ask him. Seems lately he only dances once the song is almost over, or doesn't dance at all.

Maybe that is true that Wade told Riley of that years ahead of time, but he had no facts that both Bosh and Lebron would come together until that summer, since Lebron never made it known that he was really wanting to leave.

Unlike now, we have CP3 practically waving his arms saying "come get me!" and we haven't even seen the hint of an offer. An offer turned down is better than an offer never made. At least the effort is made and known. Dwight could never say management didn't try.

Maybe Otis was the guy who stood against the wall at a dance and waited for the girls to ask him. Seems lately he only dances once the song is almost over, or doesn't dance at all.

Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean Otis hasn't inquired about it. He nevers hints as to what he's going to do and honestly that's the way it should be. The problem is, we're in a tough spot, with maybe 1 or two players who have decent value aside from Dwight. IMO, people who actually think we have a legitimate shot at getting a high profile player in the near future are in for a huge let down.

However, I'm still praying a team is stupid or desperate enough to take on what we have to dump one of their studs.

Yeah because changing his jersey number a year before to a number that wasn't retired by the miami heat was no indication...

Yeah because changing his jersey number a year before to a number that wasn't retired by the miami heat was no indication...

Good point. Why didn't we all see that when a player changes jersey numbers it's a clear indicator he's leaving? And with a little research we should know exactly where.

Seriously? Hindsight is not an indicator of insight.

My point was if Lebron, Wade and Bosh all made this happen, why can't Dwight seem to get anyone to come to him? Everyone wants to play with him, but no one is running to him. It could be because of SVG, or Otis, or the fact they hate Amway products, but Orlando spends money and we all know that is the biggest single draw for all NBA players.

Why doesn't CP3 list Orlando as his preferred destination? Could it be that Howard or Otis have not made it publicly known or pushed the point they want him?

Good point. Why didn't we all see that when a player changes jersey numbers it's a clear indicator he's leaving? And with a little research we should know exactly where.

Seriously? Hindsight is not an indicator of insight.

My point was if Lebron, Wade and Bosh all made this happen, why can't Dwight seem to get anyone to come to him? Everyone wants to play with him, but no one is running to him. It could be because of SVG, or Otis, or the fact they hate Amway products, but Orlando spends money and we all know that is the biggest single draw for all NBA players.

Why doesn't CP3 list Orlando as his preferred destination? Could it be that Howard or Otis have not made it publicly known or pushed the point they want him?

It is against nba rules to talk to a player under contract. Howard would have to do it privately. Which has seem to already have happen. Hence, the reason they are trying to go to a large market like LA.

One reason things are different from the Miami's situation is that bash, LBJ, and wade where all FREE agents at the same time. Miami had positioned them selves to have the cap space to sign them. We dont have the cap space and major players like paul and williams are not free agents yet.

I don't understand why Howard and Magic management keep a big secret of the suppossed "list" of players Dwight wants. I think that if that list is made public it may show alot more of why some decisions are made and the direction that Dwight thinks the team needs to head in.

Honestly it'd be kinda dumb to just come out publicly and tell the world who Dwight wants. It would make it that much harder to trade to a team when they know how much you want a player from their roster. Just continue to be quiet and let things flow as you try to bring in the talent that our Superstar is asking for.

I don't understand why Howard and Magic management keep a big secret of the suppossed "list" of players Dwight wants. I think that if that list is made public it may show alot more of why some decisions are made and the direction that Dwight thinks the team needs to head in.

We keep hearing CP3 and Deron Williams but maybe D12 want Jameer to run the point? If he has lost confidence with Jameer, then he should have been the first to go somewhere.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh made it pretty well known trhey wanted to be together and they made it happen. Dwight should do the same.

I heard somewhere but I forget that on the list was Chauncey Billups so mabye Dwight noticed that we don't have enought to offer for CP3 or Deron and is just going for small but still legitimate Gaurds or mabey you'r right he has had no other PG play beside him in the NBA besides Jameer

Listen up True Blue Nation...First of all I hate being part of one big thread..there can never be enough topics on this issue as it is really the only issue going on right now. The short to mid term future of this franchise is at stake. Yes there is life after D12 but lets not go there. A Shaq and D12 only come around once a decade or so and I dont want to wait that long to hope we get a third big man of the decade..so lets put all this three ring big top circus crap in perspective.

Hopefully my boy D12 is listening up and really is reconsidering.....

Magic front office - he is leaving the door open for you TO DO SOMETHING....Otis is time to throw the old school BS out the window, get off your dang harley, and get to work for D12. He is the one that is a top 5 player in this league. He is the one that is the most dominant center in this league. He is the one that is part of the Olympic team club. He is the one that sells tickets here. He is the one that puts people in the seats..Not you...Not SVG....Not anyone else you have brought in player or otherwise.

Listen, if Dwight wants players here...you better find a way to get them here...if you are having trouble getting them, then tell him what is going on and why...if he wants to send you a twitter message, you better sign the hell up and tweet..if he wants damn Call of Duty on a big screen before the games in the locker room, you better arrange to get that there too...I don't care what you have to do.......A freaking hockey guy didnt sleep for months working to get D12 here and we made the right call on our pick...You better work all damn night to find a way not to lose this man. I dont care if it takes getting 2, 3, or 4 teams involved to get bodies in here. There are idiot GMs out there. Break them down. Hell one just dropped 7 million on Kwame Brown..You cant be out played by some Russian who has a never ending wallet and the charisma of a used car salesman.

Seriously, Dwight...I think your heart wants to stay and your gut is telling you that too. You are at the mid 20's point to where you are on the fence and are wondering whether the grass is greener on the other side. We get it. I get it. We all have gone through it. No one stays at their first job anymore and the latest trend in sports is to follow the money and championships. I will tell why us folk in the business world leave our first job. It is because one, that is the only way you get a pay bump, two, you dont like what you are doing and want to try something new, or three, the culture stinks. For you Dwight, one is not an issue as Magic can pay u the most and two, its basketball, that is your job and you love it. However, three is a problem but it can fixed. A GM and coach can be fired and normally have a short shelf life. Contracts expire usually in 2-5 years. The culture can change faster unlike in the business world where you have same dickhead at the helm for 35 years. Its time to call for the riff raff to leave because this is your house. They have a job or make money because of you. Players, coaches, and executives should go before you. Its you and the owner that are only safe.

Despite all the crap we have been through as the Magic, the bad decisions, the bad moves. We still got to the ECF finals and the NBA finals. We got an owner willing to spend money. Listen, the payroll is wiped clean except for Hedo in two years. That is one year after Dwight signs an extension. It is time to for Magic front office to make amends with D12 and get it together again for a big run. We got a good re-entry point here. Yes it wont be easy to win a championship because if it was that easy everyone would have one by now.

Lets get it done...it is not too late to use teamwork and common sense here...Lets get out of this mess and hoist a damn trophy this season or next. I want D12 hoisting it. Not bad knee Bynum...Not softy Gasol...We need our man..the big man..the real Superman who stayed...D12.

• Upvote 1

Jordan and Marino's numbers are retired there actually.

You wouldn't believe it until you saw it lol.

All of a sudden I have some hope for Dwight staying in Orlando. I'm gonna keep prayin and keep my fingers crossed. All that good stuff. I believe if Dwight can be patient for just a LITTLE bit longer, he will be satisfied enough with the direction of the team and sign a contract. It probably won't be Chris Paul or anyone like that, but I think there are moves out there for us to make that can really make us a serious contender again.

All of a sudden I have some hope for Dwight staying in Orlando. I'm gonna keep prayin and keep my fingers crossed. All that good stuff. I believe if Dwight can be patient for just a LITTLE bit longer, he will be satisfied enough with the direction of the team and sign a contract. It probably won't be Chris Paul or anyone like that, but I think there are moves out there for us to make that can really make us a serious contender again.

All he has to do is take inspiration from the Tim Duncan's and Dirk Nowitzki's of the NBA. Stay loyal and true! You can always chase rings, but can you always bring one to the team that drafted you? If he does the second then he will be held in a high group of players once he retires.