AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I wish Stan was serious about playing are young guys and not just using them to motivate the vets. I would love to see Harper, Liggins, Earl and Von for that matter getting some good Minutes. This team always looks old and slow!

Imagine if we played are young guys and started playing up tempo I think that would take Dwights game to the next level and it would give us some valuable trade pieces if these young guys show promise. Not saying we should trade them but it would help us keep Dwight if we needed to.

It didn't when it came to bringing in Cp3. On a serious note I've never been part of that bash Otis train, but how does he still have a job? ?

A lot of his moves have looked good at the time, if not a "bit" on the high side, only revealing themselves to be crap after a bunch of games (or the playoffs) have been reached.

Otis puts guys he trusts in place, and I have a strong suspicion that RDV has a lot of say in who comes to his team: "character guys." No matter who the GM has been, that's always seemed to be the case. People of questionable values, regardless of basketball talent, often seem to find themselves getting shipped off or simply not retained.

I'd blame Otis for our current situation, because we have a lot of contracts that simply can't be moved (or can't be moved without gutting the team), but I don't blame him for all of it. Some of the issues predate Otis and Orlando has a long history of dumping projects.

Denton said the other night that Otis doesn't like any of the FA centers available. It looks like we'll continue with what we did last year in having our starting PF play the backup minutes to Dwight.

I still don't understand why Otis didn't try and get Turiaf for the TPE. He'd be a perfect backup for Dwight and only has one year left on his deal. I just don't understand Otis sometimes, or all the time.

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

I don't think the Magic have interest in C Earl Barron, who was waived by Portland. Magic liked Malik Allen more last year.

:svgsad:

Is it possible to like Malik Allen?!?!

Denton said the other night that Otis doesn't like any of the FA centers available. It looks like we'll continue with what we did last year in having our starting PF play the backup minutes to Dwight.

I still don't understand why Otis didn't try and get Turiaf for the TPE. He'd be a perfect backup for Dwight and only has one year left on his deal. I just don't understand Otis sometimes, or all the time.

Honestly, this is my biggest beef with Otis. I can understand trading off Gortat, mostly, but not filling that void with some other serviceable center? I don't get that. At all. Dwight's amazing, but you can't play him 48 minutes a night....

Honestly, this is my biggest beef with Otis. I can understand trading off Gortat, mostly, but not filling that void with some other serviceable center? I don't get that. At all. Dwight's amazing, but you can't play him 48 minutes a night....

Exactly! we were the only team in the entire league who didn't have a back up Center....I don't care how many minutes Dwight can play, he needs a back up.

WTF!

I think Big Baby is better off playing center minutes than Bass was, but I still want a legit center that can block shots and rebound off the bench. I really don't want extended minutes of a Davis/Anderson frontcourt when Dwight is in foul trouble.

I think we were hoping Orton could develop into the backup once Gortat was traded, but he's shown absolutely nothing. I think he is going to be out of the NBA very soon.