AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Am I the only one here who likes this deal just out of pure comedy's sake? The Lakers, the freaking NBA royalty LOS ANGELES LAKERS! Just got taken to school by Stern and the league, and will now have to sit and stew, and watch CP3 playing in the same damn building as them for a different team for the next two years at least. Oh this is priceless. This is absolutely freaking priceless. The only thing that will make it better is if a CP3 and Griffin led team knocks the Lakers old asses out in the playoffs.

Love it.

• Upvote 1

So for a player who at his best is probably close to Dwight, but isn't as dominant or as healthy NOLA got:

- Minny's 1st - this is likely to be top 5 in a stacked draft, this will mean they add a potential building block such as a Paul etc.

- Gordon - This guy will develop into a top 5 SG in the NBA, not a marquee player, but gets it done and is better than some marketable players out there.

- Aminu - A very solid young piece that will be a starter in this league.

- Kaman's expiring - Not to mention he can play and will give them a good piece this year, only to come off the books with perfect timing next year allowing them a run at players like D Will.

Man that's a good get, what's on the table for us? Oh just a soft jump shooting center who gets outrebounded by point guards a Houston 1st that's top 14 protected until 2017 when it becomes a 2nd rounder, and a bunch of late firsts.

cool story brah

On a side note, when we're talking about trading to make this team better with Dwight, it's very important we do not include any 1st rounders as Dwight may walk. I would hate to see us be a lottery team with no pick.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix With Bledsoe staying, it's possible Clippers will just cut Billups. Miami, Orlando feeding frenzy would then ensue.

Can they actually just cut him though? I thought a player picked up off waivers had to stay with the team for 1 year regardless?

You don't have a problem with Stern telling a team's GM how to do his job? It shouldn't be up to David Stern to decide how the Hornets should move forward with basketball decisions. As far as return in talent, the Lakers trade was very fair. For Stern to come in a dictate otherwise is absurd.

David Stern owns the Hornets so yes, I have no problem with it. He has to turn around and sell that team and wants to sell buyers on younger talent than a bunch of average pieces that won't get them anymore.

Billups Ellis Turk Davis Howard? I'd roll with that but our bench would be weak

I don't think Billups is much of a starter anymore. More like Sam Cassell in boston, leadership, occasional good game.

Not how it'll work - Billups is feeling his age now, thanks to a lot of rough postseason play in Detroit. He's not the player he was with the Pistons, but it's his brain I want him on the team for. Billups is rock-solid and impossible to rattle. When we're down by 10 with a minute or so to go? That's when we put Chauncey in.

But will he want to come here and come off the bench? I don't feel like he would.

Aminu - crap

Kaman- crap they've been trying to trade for the last 3 years

Gordon - decent

pick - decent

I say meh.

Aminu is 2 years away from "young guy with potential" turning into "role player", which is all he is and will ever be.

Unless you're referring to value by salary, he most certainly isn't.

You sure about that. Compare him to other SGs. 5th in scoring, 7th in assists and 8th in steals at the age of 22. He is at least top 10 and is only going to be better this year. Magic should go after him this next offseason or the one after.