AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I really hope the Hornets - Clippers trade goes through..... if Paul signs the extension or commits to the Clippers. I just want to see LAL fail so bad! If it does go through then this has been a couple of wins.... Celtics miss out on West too!

I can't wait to see Dwight's **** eating grin wiped off his face when on Christmas day, he gets the crap boo'd out of him

How smart is that though? Not very classy. Why not hold off on the boos until he is wearing another jersey?

• Upvote 1

How smart is that though? Not very classy. Why not hold off on the boos until he is wearing another jersey?

We'd be lamer than the Raptors for booing Vince so long.

I think everyone could use a good laugh at a time like this so.....

30nbwxt.gif

Ok, so maybe it's more disturbing than funny, so what?

:shard:

CP3 for Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and Minny pick seems to be in closing stages.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20111212,0,2925892.story

Thank God Dan Gilbert has not "grown a pair" and does not talk "only facts in his posts".

For some pairless reason, now the team that was supposedly on rebuilding mode actually gets rebuilding pieces.

Good stuff.

".."It's simple, the best player on the team and the GM have a great relationship," Howard said. "If you go down the line of teams, every GM has a pretty good relationship with not just the best player, but all the players. If you don't have a good relationship with the guys you work with, how are you guys gonna get better?.."

Otis likes this team, don´t you know that Dwight? Even if we suck whole season and gonna be cavs2. he still likes it..

I saw Gil with my own eyes he lost about 15-20 pounds, I was at the charity game. That alone gives me some hope but still doesn't matter he is better than Duhon and keeping Dwight is worth it, doesn't hurt us to keep Gil that's my point.

I was at that game as well and I saw a guy that looked lighter but still couldn't burst towards the basket and bricked a bunch of three's, granted that was a charity game but I certainly didn't see one thing that gave me hope.

Here is what I would like to know, who wanted Gilbert brought here? Dwight or Otis? Otis claims that he listened to Dwight and that he only brought in the guys that he agreed with bringing in, so whose idea was bringing in Gilbert? Now the second part of that question is was Dwight upset that we just amnestied Gilbert without waiting to see if he improved or was he upset that we amnestied one of his buddies? See everyone is ripping him for wanting Gilbert to be on the roster this year but without the context of that statement we don't know whether it means one or the other. In other words is he thinking, geez Otis you just traded for Gilbert and screwed our cap and now you are booting him before you even see if he has improved? What if he can play now and we spent all that money for nothing?

Dwight is acting childish but I would also like to know the whole story before I start assigning all of the blame. Historically management here has loved to make the outgoing player the villain so they come out smelling like roses, hell they allowed the fan base to believe that Nick requested the trade out of town, something that was not cleared up till just a year or so ago.

Thank God Dan Gilbert has not "grown a pair" and does not talk "only facts in his posts".

For some pairless reason, now the team that was supposedly on rebuilding mode actually gets rebuilding pieces.

Good stuff.

So instead of getting 3 fringe allstar talents, a scoring point guard with roughly the same upside as Bledsoe, and a mid-1st round pick, they get two fringe starters, an expiring contract, and a mid-lottery pick?

I swear: if people weren't so blinded by their intense hatred/jealousy of the Lakers, and this weird belief that any player under 25 is an all-star in the making, they'd have realized that the original trade was arguably the most fair superstar trade in league history.

Hell, for a historic example, look at what the Sixers got for Charles Barkley in '92.

WOW, great for the Hornets. That's a better trade IMO. Gives them 2 potential lottery picks which will help them rebuild real fast. Maybe Stern gives them the 1st 2 picks. Of course I'm assuming the Minny is going to suck again.

Howard to the Clippers was the one trade I wanted to try to get that Minny pick.

I'm actually fine with the Clippers getting a trade, team that has been nowhere in a long time this must be like Christmas came early, and I swear this is quite possibly the best outcome for Clippers fans. Needless to say, I expect them to be a playoff contender this year.