AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Just wait it out. No point in getting upset until we know everything

Your right, Nttny. Its just hard to think that I wasted $6k on season tickets this year if this turns out badly. I won't be duped again by the NBA.

"I read reports today of a meeting between Dwight Howard, his representatives and the New Jersey Nets which claimed, according to the story's anonymous sources, that such a meeting violated the NBA's tampering policies. This story is clearly inaccurate with respect to tampering claims and other facts. Tampering doesn't apply once a team grants permission for a player and/or his representatives to make contact with another team. The Magic have given us permission to have contact with several teams in order for Dwight to explore his options. I most definitely had contact with the teams I was granted permission to speak with. Since we had permission to have contact with several teams the report of possible tampering is undeniably false.

this seems pretty legit to me

Seriously... I really would like to know how many late night rumors posted during times like this ever turn out to actually be right.

When is the last time Dwight said he wants to play for the Magic? all I hear him say on Twitter is stop telling me what to do. "You aint me."

On the bright side, Alex Martins is directly denying it.

Until we get a direct quote from Otis or Dwight, I don't buy it. Agents like to try and force their hand on situations. Just sit back until we hear more

I don't understand the hate. Dwight has never promised he would stay here. He always said he didn't want to talk about it. He isn't making a farce of it like LeBron, with a TV show to announce his pick of who would be blessed by his presence. He has been a model citizen, and has been a great ambassador for the Magic and Orlando. Of course we want him to stay. But he has every right to do what he desires. He gave us a pretty good chance to put a winning combination around him. He even re-upped after his original contract.

Don't blame Dwight. If you have a competitive bone in your body you would want to be in a position to win, just like him.

Blame Otis, or Stan, or Stuff or Bianchi. If D12 goes, it will be because he has the heart of a champion and he feels like he can't get it done here. He wants a ring, and he doesn't believe that the Magic organization has the stuff to help him get it. What do you expect him to do? I don't blame him.

If he stays, I will be happy. If he goes I will be disappointed, but not mad. I will still be a D12 fan. He has done everything we have asked him to, including letting us know he is now ready to go, so we can try to get something out of his departure, and not be another SHAQ.

Life will go on, and I will still look forward to going to the games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I don't understand the hate. Dwight has never promised he would stay here. He always said he didn't want to talk about it. He isn't making a farce of it like LeBron, with a TV show to announce his pick of who would be blessed by his presence. He has been a model citizen, and has been a great ambassador for the Magic and Orlando. Of course we want him to stay. But he has every right to do what he desires. He gave us a pretty good chance to put a winning combination around him. He even re-upped after his original contract.

Don't blame Dwight. If you have a competitive bone in your body you would want to be in a position to win, just like him.

Blame Otis, or Stan, or Stuff or Bianchi. If D12 goes, it will be because he has the heart of a champion and he feels like he can't get it done here. He wants a ring, and he doesn't believe that the Magic organization has the stuff to help him get it. What do you expect him to do? I don't blame him.

If he stays, I will be happy. If he goes I will be disappointed, but not mad. I will still be a D12 fan. He has done everything we have asked him to, including letting us know he is now ready to go, so we can try to get something out of his departure, and not be another SHAQ.

Life will go on, and I will still look forward to going to the games.

People are upset mostly over how he's handling the situation, not that he's actually entertaining the idea of leaving.

I'm sorry but if you leave this team on bad terms, you're on my new **** list

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1