AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The only reason I see in resigning Jason Richardson would be to buy a little goodwill since he and Dwight share the same agent. If not you are increasing his market value by declaring him a priority because some other team who needs a 2 guard might be willing to overpay.

I may have to put a contract on Otis' head if he resigns Richardson. I will lose my freaking mind.

I don't want J-Rich resigned... I don't want Hedo on this team either.

Only thing I know for sure, I don't want Dwight to leave. All that matters.

I hope J-Rich is not resigned unless Otis has a nice sign-and-trade lined up, which is doubtful. I hope Otis is just trying to jack the price up on J-Rich so any competitor that wants him might pay more...

Can a wise poster explain this to me:

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Also, interesting tidbit I failed to emphasize in CP3 column. Extension home team can offer now is same as he can get elsewhere in summer.

What happened to the home team advantage?

The last thing this roster needs is a 30+ year old perimeter player that can't finish at the rim or defend. We need athleticism on the perimeter and guys that can actually keep their opponent in front of them. Let Richardson walk. Please.

If Dwight leaves, he should be forced to have my sig tattooed on his forehead for saying such lies.

It's not worse than what LeBron said about having a huge goal, bringing a championship to the city of Cleveland and not stopping until he'd done so... well...

http://www.cbssports...n-or-melo-route

Killer article by Berger. Essentially, because of the new CBA, CP3 (or Dwight) realistically must be traded by January for him to be able to opt-out in the summer and still receive a 5 year/100+ million dollar extension with his new team. Thus, Otis will be receiving his strongest offers over the next month for Dwight.

Hey guys,

I've been locked out from the boards ever since the migration, and never heard from support to help with a password reset, so I had to create a new account. My old username was Zollman1.

Anyhow, I don't claim to be an all knowing insider source, but I do have some contacts built up over the years from being a season ticket holder, member at RDV, etc. My only successful insider scoop was announcing SVG's coaching staff before it went public which wasn't a big deal anyway.

Here is what I have to share...

I have not heard matter of factly the actual words that Dwight wants to leave Orlando, but based on interatctions I have had with folks that are CLOSE to Dwight, all of the body language, responses, etc. indicate that Dwight is ready to move on. One thing is for sure, he DOES NOT LIKE playing for SVG.

I know some already have this opinion and have been saying some of this already, I am just confirming it is the real deal. It all could be some sort of charade that Dwight and those close to him are putting on for whatever reason, but it is what it is...

I think that a new coaching staff and a CP3 or DWill are big pre-requistites for D12 to consider staying, and I don't see either happening unfortunately..

I say try to call his bluff and hang on to the bitter end and see if he actually walks for less money. I think when he sits down and actually analyzes his options next offseason with Dan HWNSNBU, he may realize that he is better off staying in Orlando. The only way I think Otis should consider a trade is if it is something so ridiculously good that you cannot pass up if you know that D12 wants out.

All in all, I can say with fair confidence that Dwight is ready to move on, and Otis will have to be "creative" to change his mind.

This whole ordeal makes me sick and I wish we could just get some closure to it, but until then I am STRAPPED the !@#$ IN!

It just makes me sick seeing Dwight's name in legit trade rumors. A year ago, nobody here would even dream of actually hearing Dwight involved in some sort of trade rumor without laughing. We all thought Dwight was here for the long haul and that we finally had our star player who was going to stay here. But it has all fallen apart. It is a pretty rough time to be a Magic fan right now, I've loved Dwight over the years and all this talk is just sad. I just wish we could get this mess over with and move on, if Dwight truly doesn't want to be here anymore then I don't want him here and want to move on to our future post-Dwight.

• Upvote 1

If the talk about Dwight not being happy with SVG is true, then sigh... I don't see us switching coaches this offseason, upcoming season or next offseason to be honest. Unless we completely suck this year, SVG will be let go, new blood comes in that might satisfy Dwight enough to consider staying, maybe.

But if team management holds on to SVG and lets Dwight just walk (or trade) because of it... I'll be pissed. I don't watch coaches, though I personally love Stan, but if he irks our star player enough to run him out of town, Otis and the team must think hard about all options.