AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Reality throws that plan out the window.

There are some realistic scenarios in which we can get the cap space. I'd rather risk it doing that, then re-sign an aging J-Rich to a long term deal fresh off a disappointing season. If the unfortunate event of Dwight leaving becomes reality, then we are stuck with an old J-Rich in a rebuilding attempt. Along with an old Hedo....

This whole resigning JRich thing really irks me. It seems like Otis is really hell bent in building the old GS team+ Dwight. If thats the case, then Otis is clearly thinking personal and not business. We shall see if this is a bluff or not.

Skip Bayless: “Can I have my camera please? Orlando, he’s staying. Trust me on this one. I told you all through the NBA lockout that the NBA would be back in business around Christmas time and I’ve said for a year now that Dwight Howard is not built to go somewhere else. I believe he loves being the biggest fish in a small pond. I just believe he’s gonna play the field…he’s gonna play the game and say I’m really intrigued by Hollywood and in the end he’s gonna take the most money to recommit long-term in Orlando because that’s his comfort zone. And he’ll try to put pressure on his franchise to surround him with better pieces, blah, blah, blah. I just think that’s the way he’s built that he doesn’t want the pressure of having to go to the bright lights, the biggest city, to go to the Big Apple or Hollywood because he would be proclaimed the savior of those franchises.”

The day I start taking Skip Bayless' word about anything is the day that I no longer want to be considered a relevant human being...

So Otiz is deciding whether or not to use the amnesty clause? Is this guy crazy or what?

How does he still have his job?

can you stop reading into every single detail...

I can't remember the last time anyone had a clear read on Otis. ****, RDV is probably on lock down right now. ish is like FORT KNOX yo.

This sounds more like a challenge to Dwight then a declaration of what's best for the city of Orlando.

I Agree!! in a sense its saying dwight doesnt wanna go coz he couldnt handle the pressure!

i hope he is right & he does stay! hahaha

So Otiz is deciding whether or not to use the amnesty clause? Is this guy crazy or what?

How does he still have his job?

He has time to use the amnesty clause. First things first and that is talk to Dwight.