AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

this just means well hear alot more about dwight to the lakers now. i can just hear stephan a now "all u gotta do now is trade dwight for bynum and boom..dynasty". did la send out any picks in this deal?

I'll stick to what I always have said...If Dwight leaves he's headed to NJ.

So Chris Paul got traded huh? Also to whoever said the Lakers will have 32 million in cap space is wrong. They have to sign Paul to an extension so that is going to eat up 17.5 million. Kobe next year is going to make 27.8 million. That is 45.3 million on just those 2 guys. Even if they get rid of Metta World Peace they have Steve Blake, Luke Walton, and Derek Fisher at around 13.5 million. If they stretch one of those guys lets subtract 6 million.

So they have 45.3 million + 7 million. This does not include roster filler, draft pick holds or Andrew Bynum's team option. Also revenues are going to go down this year so the cap will naturally be smaller.

Basically they cannot sign Dwight outright although I am sure the NBA will grant them a one time exception to spend over their cap to offer Dwight a 7 year deal.

I can't believe this went down, especially from the NO point of view unless they are going to try to flip some of those pieces for more picks or something ?

I was also playing around on trade Machine and trying to work out the deal.

Hopefully NO is also insisting on LA taking back Okafor.

So it would be the following

NO trades Paul Okafor

LA trades Gasol Odom plus picks

Rockets trade Martin, Dragic, Scola plus picks

LA gets Paul Okafor

No gets, Martin, Scola, Dragic Odom and picks

Rockets get Gasol

Even if this did go down that way NO are adding an extra 2 million to their pay role at this stage.

I'll stick to what I always have said...If Dwight leaves he's headed to NJ.

I could handle that...actually I could handle anything but Dwight going to LA

Whatever the case, I think I may be done with the NBA

okafor to the lakers plus cp3! wow

paul

bryant

artest

okafor

bynum

At that rate, they really don't need Dwight. I still see him staying here. I'm not worried.

And there's no way in heck Otis is trading him to LA.

Did the Lakers just cut 10 mill from their payroll? Reminds me of how they prepared for the Shaqstakes by dumping the salary of Divac and others the year before... Hmmm

EDIT: Nevermind I see Okafor was included OR was he not?!?!?