AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

For me, the Woj article is quite discouraging. Woj is one of the best NBA reporters out there, imo.

EDIT: And if we end up with Lopez, I'll be VERY discouraged. I think the Clips did really well in their package for CP3. We should be getting much better.

This. We should be getting much better! Dwight is the best, if not the only big dominant man in the NBA since a long time...

Why are we getting offered these horrible trades?

We can offer these teams better packages than what they're offering us...

Let's start working Otis and Orlando FO!!

Why are we just sitting back saying, "it's okay guys, we have Glen Davis and Von Wafer, this is a championship team!"

Let's get *****ing Iggy or Ellis!!!!!!!!

We're getting crap offers because the teams Dwight wants to go to have crap to offer. If we traded Dwight, my realistic dream scenario was what the Hornets just got for CP3.

The Nets or Lakers will have to get a 3rd or 4th team involved to make it work because their assets alone just don't work. I guess the whole Gerald Wallace idea is a start at least. But I think LA would have a better time getting a 3rd team involved by waving Gasol around.

Dwight's desired teams having garbage are why we hold on to him close to the deadline, some team will likely get desperate and give us some good pieces/picks with the idea that they can convince Dwight to stick around long-term. The Nets were willing to rent Melo last year.

The proposed NJ trade was awful. AWFUL. If we are going to trade Dwight, I want two up-and-coming STARS. The Clips got Gordon and basically a top five pick. Caveman should be able to fetch another first. Give us a three way package of Westbrook, Derrick Williams (or K Love) and a 1st ... I'll be good. Maybe Westbrook, Haden, Ibaka and a 1st. Brooks "I have lead feet" Lopez and injury-prone Wallace, no stinkin' way.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather trade him to LA too. Not just to shove him to another conference, but because I prefer Bynum to Lopez. Even with the injuries, I think Bynum if healthy could be the 2nd best center in the NBA. Lopez is just a soft jump shooter. I think he'd average like 12/6 on a goo team. Plus Gasol could be bait for a 3rd team. The Nets have very little bait for another team, I'm suprised they were able to get Portland involved with Gerald Wallace honestly.

Plus, with no Bynum, Gasol and Odom and an aging Kobe....the Lakers will not be all that very soon even with Dwight.

Wouldn't MN want Gasol to pair him with Rubio??? My guess is we could land Bynum and a couple of MN's core rising stars (e.g. D. Williams and/or K. Love)? Who else could Gasol land us?

Wouldn't MN want Gasol to pair him with Rubio??? My guess is we could land Bynum and a couple of MN's core rising stars (e.g. D. Williams and/or K. Love)? Who else could Gasol land us?

There is no way the T-Wolves will give up Derrick Williams and Kevin Love for Gasol. Maybe they'd throw in Beasley. Which is pretty laughable.

These are the teams that'll likely be competing for the lotto this season:

Timberwolves

Wizards

Kings

Cavaliers

Raptors

Bobcats

Hornets

Pistons

Maybe Jazz and Warriors

Praying that some will be dumb enough to think they can convince Dwight to re-up.