AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Anyone else unusually calm over all of this?

Any idea WHY I'm so calm?

Might be the glue I just sniffed, but I dunno man...

Well JJ, Jameer and Ryno for CP3 would work. We could also throw in a pick and another player of their choosing for a TPE. If they wanted to dump Okafor then we would have to move Turk somewhere and we could throw in Orton.

If we wanted a third team to get involved there are options. Houston is still sitting there wanting to do something and Memphis is saying Gasol isn't going anywhere so they are still looking to add size in the front court. I'm not sure why they were willing to give Scola and Martin up before but I assume they would still like to move them. The Clippers now need to move Kaman after giving Jordan that huge deal. Golden State wants to move Ellis for a bigger SG to add size in the back court and they would like to move Biedrins $9M because they don't want to pay Lee's back up that much. Portland may be looking for help at SG now that Roy is retiring and Camby probably is done after this year so they may look to bring in a PF now instead of when he retires.

I actually just put together the perfect 4 team trade that makes sense for all teams involved.

Orlando get CP3

Hornets get Scola, Monte Ellis and Dragic

Houston gets Nelson, Biedrins and Redick

Golden State gets Kevin Martin and Ryno

*Maybe throw in draft picks if necessary but those numbers do work by themselves. Each team gets what they want and no one gets hosed in the trade. Someone needs to get this faxed to the Magic FO right away. I should become an NBA GM.

Not bad but I don't think Houston would be thrilled with that.

I just want to watch some basketball, regardless of how things turn out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

it's the calming knowledge that this is all going to be done soon, for better or worse.

and theres nothing that any of us can do, so why worry.

Because we went through this EXACT SAME THING before and have been kind of expecting it for a year now? Just a guess. I don't know, I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem like the teams that really want Dwight (LA, NJ) really have any means of acquiring him. Just like us with CP3 or Williams, they either have crap they want to trade us, or don't want to let go of the pieces that would make losing Dwight worth it.

Also, it seems like if we could just land CP3, Dwight MIGHT decide to stay.

Besides, there's nothing we can do about it but wait and see how it shakes out.

so have we figured out who Dwight is upset with?

Is it Stan or Otis?

Just from what he's said, more Otis. It seems like he really hasn't like the way this team has been built over the years, and that's more on Otis than Stan.

Not bad but I don't think Houston would be thrilled with that.

They should definitely be more thrilled with that than getting just Pau Gasol and giving up their 2012 first rounder.

You're probably just over all of it like me. Like Kberto said, I just want to watch some ball